Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #29
Skogen
Hell Yea!

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS & 2012 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I certainly don't.

I work in a corporate setting. I'm the guy who doesn't want to get married or have kids, and love my sports cars and other hobbies. They look at me like I'm an alien.

All they do is talk about their kids and updates to their houses and blah blah all day.
X2

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat - AGP 54/57 Twin Turbo with Meth injection. 704 RWHP.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 LTZ
1969 Chevelle SS396 - Numbers matching
Skogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by saumil View Post
I am a boss and they cannot figure out what is wrong with me and my gearhead addictions.
Me too.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM   #31
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
I certainly don't.

I work in a corporate setting. I'm the guy who doesn't want to get married or have kids, and love my sports cars and other hobbies. They look at me like I'm an alien.

All they do is talk about their kids and updates to their houses and blah blah all day.
Having a kid at 47 was the best thing that has ever happened to me(getting married was a close 1st.) God I love that little 22 month old, and he loves cars. According to him I drive a Gtoe and a Cadlak and he loves his toy
Caminanaoos
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Having a kid at 47 was the best thing that has ever happened to me(getting married was a close 1st.) God I love that little 22 month old, and he loves cars. According to him I drive a Gtoe and a Cadlak and he loves his toy
Caminanaoos
I respect that. You waited til you were ready and had your fun.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
Dasche

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 1LT/RS
When I got mine I parked it right outside my boss's window and told him to look outside... he said "DAMN YOU!!!!"... the same week I got mine, he had just sold his Mustang GT to get a new "family mobile". Who's the boss now? LOL
Dasche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #34
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Boss stories.... Have I got a good one.
I'm 99.9% sure that my last boss is the one who did a hit and run sideswipe of my car in a parking lot.
I was in a shopping center near her home, she knows what my car looks like, and we hadn't been getting along - to say the least. She drives a company car, so no skin off her nose if it needs repairs, or if the insurance goes up. I jokingly (trying to ease the pain and not vomit) said I thought she did it.... A few days later, as she's chewing me out for not doing something by a deadline, and I tell her I took that day off to follow up on the hit and run, she claims she doesn't know I took the day off - I verified it with the scheduler, she knew. Then, she says "What color was the car that hit you?" - AS HER FIRST QUESTION. Not how much damage, or did anyone see it, or where were you.... RED flag!!! I quit that day, about 10 minutes later... Then, when I went to retrieve something I left behind, about a week later, she says (in a very snarky tone) "So... get your car fixed yet??", with a sh!t-eating grin on her face. On my way out, I stopped by her car, jotted down the license plate and the VIN, and called my insurance. They thought it was fishy as well, and sent a letter to the registered owner (a fleet leasing company) demanding the car be brought in for inspection. I'm sure the corporate offices lawyered up and she never had to bring the car in, but I'm satisfied knowing that HER boss looked at her sideways and said "What the he!! did you do???"
That's my boss story....

My current boss loves my car, and asks me to show pictures to all the other bosses whenever we have meetings.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #35
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Who among us has a boss (our company owner is my boss) that "gets" your Camaro addiction? Mine has a penchant for the older Camaros, but has a large collection of various vehicles, including a Ford GT.

He likes my car. It didn't hurt that yellow and black happen to be the company colors.

Here's his most recent purchase from Barrett-Jackson, at a mere $240k. Awesome car (1969 Ring Brothers Razor):

Don't tell me that you work for BEST BUYS , do you .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #36
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
My boss lady couldn't give a crap about my Camaro. I get mocked for grabbing a 'one dinger' every day and being 'that guy' who never drives anyone at lunch! (I paid my dues when I had a 7 seater Jeep Commander Limited!).

She drives a 1998 Toyota RAV4...
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:13 AM   #37
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
My boss drives a Camry... only other car guy at work is our Maintenance Manager who just bought a new Grand Sport Vette

Pittsburgh Automotive Photography
Black on Black 2SS/RS w/ white stripes Dynomax 3" Bullet Catback, CAI Cold Air Intake
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote