Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Mrsddunerider

Drives: 2007 LTZ Tahoe
Ford Exec Drops F-Bomb on GM

Ford Exec Drops F-Bomb on General Motors in Upcoming Book
Published July 22, 2011
| FoxNews.com
·Text Size

Reuters

Group Vice President, Global Marketing, Sales and Service
As the U.S. auto industry pulls itself up by its bootstraps, the gloves are starting to come off.
Automotive News reports that Ford's top marketing executive, Jim Farley, is quoted using the "f" word in a preview copy of Once Upon a Car, an upcoming book covering the recent fall and rise of the Big Three, as he describes his feelings for his company’s cross town rival.
“F---- GM,” Farley tells the books’ author, Bill Vlasic. “I hate them and their company and what they stand for. And I hate the way they're succeeding. Ford is back because people trust us. And that is a powerful message. I'm a car guy. I wake up each morning thinking about cars. Watch out. We're only going to get better."
Farley is also quoted saying “I'm going to beat Chevrolet on the head with a bat. And I'm going to enjoy it."
Over the years, executives from Detroit’s automakers have rarely made such sentiments public, and the outburst paints a very different picture from the camaraderie shown at the auto industry bailout hearings in late 2008, where Ford's Alan Mulally sat next to his fellow CEOs from GM and Chrysler to support their requests for government assistance.
After the quotes surfaced, Ford issued a statement saying: "We have not yet seen the book and are unable to comment on the specific quotes. This is a passionate, competitive industry, and we respect all of our competitors."
Jay Coone, General Motors Director for Communications, Strategy and News Operations, responded to the report by saying “we would not have expected such crass words coming from Ford.”
Recently, in an interview with The Detroit News, General Motors' current CEO, Dan Akerson, told the paper that, regarding Ford’s efforts to revive its stagnant Lincoln brand, it “might as well sprinkle holy water. It’s over.”
Once Upon a Car is expected to hit stores on October 4th. A representative from the book’s publisher, Harper Collins, could not confirm to FoxNews.com that the quotes in question will appear in the final copy of the book.

WOW such nice words from Ford!
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Another reason for me to hate Fords! First it's a blue mustang now this! Lol
Old 07-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
thats a lot of hate from Ford...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Mrsddunerider

Drives: 2007 LTZ Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
LMAO
Old 07-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Quote:
LMAO!!!

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
If they hate, then let em hate, and watch the money pile up.

Passion like that breeds great competition and great cars. Let them fight. In the end, the car enthusiasts win!

So happy to be living in this modern age with a second coming of car wars between these two automotive giants.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
IOM LS/ Phoenix

Drives: Inferno orange metallic Ls
he wakes up thinking about cars, yea the camaro and how ****ing awesome it is and how he wishes ford could have even half of the exotic beauty and power that chevy put into the camaro!!
IOM LS/ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Well at least Ford isn't owned by the Governement and costed taxpayers billions of dollars! I agree, F--GM!

Signed,
An American taxpayer
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:32 PM   #9
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM LS/ Phoenix View Post
he wakes up thinking about cars, yea the camaro and how ****ing awesome it is and how he wishes ford could have even half of the exotic beauty and power that chevy put into the camaro!!

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketti View Post
Well at least Ford isn't owned by the Governement and costed taxpayers billions of dollars! I agree, F--GM!

Signed,
An American taxpayer
those billions would have been wasted somewhere else if not to GM or Chrysler. Glad for once it was spent on our soil
Old 07-22-2011, 05:04 PM   #11
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Quote:
those billions would have been wasted somewhere else if not to GM or Chrysler. Glad for once it was spent on our soil
Guess you didn't know your Camaro was made in Canada.
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
BoomBoomKid

Drives: Gen 1 Gen 3 soon Gen 5
That's typical ford mentality. All one has to do is look at any motorsports record books, if it wasn't for the name Carrol Shelby, ford wouldn't be on the map. Even though ford never took a govt bailout they just about mortgaged every asset they owned and borrowed to the hilt. I continue to own fords yet ford will always play 2nd fiddle to the General.

BTW I can't think of any current racing series where ford has the most wins...
BoomBoomKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketti View Post
Guess you didn't know your Camaro was made in Canada.
There is no mention of all that money going to the Camaro, my HD is built in Flint Michigan! Guess your stuck on one thing!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Good one... I hope the GM execs have that posted on their walls... but then they don't really need to... LMAO