Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Thumbs down My CGM Camaro 2SS is in Critical Condition

Let me start out by asking if I've ever told any of you that I freaking HATE Subaru drivers!
(No offense to anyone on this board)

So just got off of work last night, jumped on the freeway for my 25 mile drive home. I got over to the number 2 lane to pass some slower traffic. Ahead of me about 3 car lengths in the number 3 lane, a Subaru Outback Wagon decided she wanted to change into my lane, and so she went for it. Halfway through she decided to check her blind spot and saw another car there, so she slammed the brakes and overcorrectingly swerved back into her lane. Well with the extra weight in her butt, she fishtaled a bit, nearly side swiping a Suzuki Vitara in the number 4 lane, who then overcorrectingly swerved out of the way. Being an SUV, it fishtaled even more back and forth a couple times until she came right at me, slammed my right front corner, came off, then hit the right rear quarter panel, pushing me left into a junk Mitsubishi Galant, when we came to a complete stop.
Oh, and the best part.... the Subaru driver kept on driving.

Could have been a lot worse, the Suzuki didn't roll (she only had a sore sholder), by the time we collided I had slammed the HP+ brakes so we were going somewhat slow (probably 30-40mph), so nobody was really injured.

My Camaro is hurt pretty bad (IMO, but could have been a lot worse), right front corner is smashed in, right rear quarter is dented and stretched a bit (the pass door has a quirk in it opening and closing), both right wheels were hit, the left side from front tire to halfway through the door is crunched pretty good, and the framing underneath is tweaked a bit. Had to force the door open, and it won't close without an extremely hard slam.
I'm thinking they probably won't total it, but who knows. It was getting dark so I couldn't get a great view of it. I guess if they don't, then its time to put on some cooler parts; hood (maybe), front fenders, bumper, etc.
Attached Images

Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Ouch, sorry
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Soooooooooo sorry. :( Hope they find & throw the book at the hit & run driver. I just hate seeing pics like those. Poor baby. Glad no one was seriously hurt. Here's hoping it all works out & you end up with an even better looking & great running Camaro.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Damn, that sucks dude. Really sorry to hear that, but glad no one was seriously injured.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
I had a similar incident happen to me a few months ago with my new Tundra. On the far left side of the highway there was a ramp that merged into the fast lane of the highway. Well the stupid a** woman driving her minivan in the fast lane failed to allow the ramp to merge and at the last second swerved into the middle lane to avoid hitting him as the lane ran out. As she swerved into the middle lane (not even looking) the truck in the middle lane had to swerve to avoid her. Needless to say here I am driving along in the slow lane minding my business and the truck that swerved slammed into me at 55 mph. The impact sent me sideways down 3 lanes of traffic to finally come to a stop in the fast lane up on the shoulder.

The person that was coming off the ramp never stopped and the insurance companies all decided that he started the accident (proximate cause). With this being said I was left on my own to pay my deductible and pay for the rental while my truck got fixed. My insurance company covered the entire $13k repair but I was left with a $2500 bill for the rental car overage and the deductible.

Really sucks when other stupid a** people wreck our sh*t that we try so hard to keep nice.
Attached Images

talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #6
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Glad your okay.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
cerberus

Drives: 2010 CGM
man, that is a bummer, glad you're ok.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
That just plain sucks Brainhart. Glad you are not damaged though.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
EricSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 M6
That sucks man... Sounds like the Subaru moron never actually hit anyone so I think the fault gets pinned solely on the SUV driver that swerved into you. Best of luck with the insurance. Hopefully she gets put back together nicely.
EricSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
RSokie
Proud owner of Litho #195

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Just makes me ill to see a CGM or for that matter any camaro hit.

Hope it all works out well for you.
RSokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #11
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
ouch!sorry to see this happen to your camaro, hopefully it gets fixed soon
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #12
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
Didi you get the other driver that left plates!?!? Please say you did..... They'll go down soooo much harder!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
glad you are OK, sorry about the Camaro
NFERGY 2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that definitely hurts, glad your ok