Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Are all Honda drivers d***heads?

Why are Honda drivers such d***heads?

Almost everyone that drives a Honda here in Montreal have replaced their stock exhaust pipes with these really loud, really annoying pipes that sound completely ridiculous.

Why do they do this? Do they think that the squeaky farrrrrrrt-sound their cars are making when they step on the gas make them sound faster? cooler?

Today I actually asked one of these doofuses why his car sounded like this. He said, very proud-like, "Aw yeah dud I replaced the muffler and exaust with Mark 2 Bing Bang Boo Whateverthehell system! Cost me almost 2 Grand!". I glanced at his girlfriend who was completely embarrassed at the money he spent on this. They had a baby with them and I suddenly got the impression that they had trouble paying for rent and food, but jerk-boy had to have a STUPID-noisy car.

There's nothing like a properly tuned, mature and respectable sounding exhaust system on a V8 (or even V6). An understated sound is even better as in my head anyway, it makes it sound like you're hiding some serious power. 4-Cyl Honda drivers need to stop wasting their money.

argh.

m
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post

Almost everyone that drives a Honda here in Montreal have replaced their stock exhaust pipes with these really loud, really annoying pipes that sound completely ridiculous.

Why do they do this? Do they think that the squeaky farrrrrrrt-sound their cars are making when they step on the gas make them sound faster? cooler?

Today I actually asked one of these doofuses why his car sounded like this. He said, very proud-like, "Aw yeah dud I replaced the muffler and exaust with Mark 2 Bing Bang Boo Whateverthehell system! Cost me almost 2 Grand!". I glanced at his girlfriend who was completely embarrassed at the money he spent on this. They had a baby with them and I suddenly got the impression that they had trouble paying for rent and food, but jerk-boy had to have a STUPID-noisy car.

There's nothing like a properly tuned, mature and respectable sounding exhaust system on a V8 (or even V6). An understated sound is even better as in my head anyway, it makes it sound like you're hiding some serious power. 4-Cyl Honda drivers need to stop wasting their money.

argh.

m

@ ricers
Old 05-03-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:

argh.

m
Maybe he enjoys the way it sounds the way you enjoy the sound of a V8? I don't see why it's my business if he wants his car to sound that way as long as it isn't breaking the law.

I don't think it's a great plan but I don't get why it makes him a dickhead for taking pride in his car.

Finally, I'm DAMN sure there's a lot of Camaro's being ordered by people who can barely afford them (as evidenced by posts I've seen) and have to get multiple jobs to try and support their payments, but it's not really my business.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
AAWWW! You have heard the weedwacker or coffee can sound of a ricer! Welcome to the club!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
*sigh*......

My roomate owns a CRX with a giant mufffler and tip.....
I always give him a hard time with it.

I even invite him to look under my car, so he can see my car doesn't have a giant exhaust tip and is still louder than his.(Although, 350c.i. and LT's help).

I don't like riding in his car if we go out somewhere.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #6
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
on my way back from work (which is an hour long drive) i always seem to end up next to an RX8 with a coffee can exhaust. the car already looks pretty decent but the exhaust system the guy has set up doesnt even fit where its suppose to so its bent out at an angle. the thing sounds decent once he gets the revs up and takes off but if he is just cruising sounds like my weed wacker. i just dont get it
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #7
mbauer14085RS/SS2010

Drives: 99 blazer/2010 2ss/rs iom now
ha ha thats funny
3800 Order produced (6/16/09)2G1FK1EJ3A9117972
4000 Available to ship (6/16/09)
4200 Shipped (6/19/09)
4300 Intermediate Delivery(6/20/09)
5000 Delivered to the dealer(6/22/09)
6000 Delivered to the customer (6/27/09)
mbauer14085RS/SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:

argh.

m
i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday, dont generalize... idiots can own any car...

and yes i agree ricers are pathetic. should have said ricers though not EVERYONE WHO DRIVES A HONDA
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday, dont generalize... idiots can own any car...

and yes i agree ricers are pathetic. should have said ricers though not EVERYONE WHO DRIVES A HONDA
He was asking a question not making a statement.
and you're right, not all Honda drivers are like that.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #10
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
He was asking a question not making a statement.
and you're right, not all Honda drivers are like that.
oh stop it lol

"Why are Honda drivers such d***heads?"

it's called a rhetorical question.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 AM   #11
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i drive a honda back and forth to work everyday
i used to repsect you.......

jk bro lol. most people still need a daily to get from 1 to b

but the cofee can ricer exhausts are annoeying. wy they pay money for it i don't know. i spent a total of around 250 for my exahust inclusing parts and labor, sounds great IMO. finally get that V8 sound (and it IS a v8)
Old 05-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #12
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Don't know about Honda car drivers, but my dad drives a Honda Varadero motorbike and he is the very definition of a good man.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 AM   #13
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
AAWWW! You have heard the weedwacker or coffee can sound of a ricer! Welcome to the club!
FARTCAN!
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #14
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
i used to repsect you.......

jk bro lol. most people still need a daily to get from 1 to b

but the cofee can ricer exhausts are annoeying. wy they pay money for it i don't know. i spent a total of around 250 for my exahust inclusing parts and labor, sounds great IMO. finally get that V8 sound (and it IS a v8)
yea i wouldnt put a ricer exhaust or anything like that it's a stock civic and i play a clip of the v8 rumble on the radio real loud when i roll down the block, thats ok right?