Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #71
Baron3600

Drives: 2018 HBM Camaro 1SS A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Well according to rumor...what do you think the "C" in CTS stands for?

The Catera lives on.
Heh I have heard that before, was wondering if anyone was gonna mention that after I posted
Baron3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #72
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Not trying to be controversial at all, but when I was leaving the gym today and walking toward my car it just dawned on me that Chevy could discontinue the Camaro.

I think this would be an especially good idea if GM ever moves away from V8s. If they try to reinvent the car at some point maybe they should rename it. The Chevy Impala is a good example maybe...to me that thing is no Impala. What do you guys think?
Stay out of the sun
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #73
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Uhhh No!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #74
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
I heard they are putting diseal in the Camaro August 27 of 2013 and then moving the Oshawa Plant to the moon, they claim it will exceed government regulations.

Colin Gordon
NO THEY ARE NOT THEY CAN NOT DO ANYTHING ON MY ANNVIERSARY

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #75
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
if it is about going electric or hybrid...am I the only one thinking about this?

it just does not seems to be right, I mean, that SLS has 700BHP+ but without the engine sound it isn't right for me, I think we'll have to be used to it, and adapt an old quote "A monster is suposed to roar, not to whistle...or be quiet"
No , you are not the only one , but you may be one of the few in your area that is not on something , and that's not a good thing
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #76
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
The key difference now is that GM cars are world class products and not just built for some Midwest demographic or accountant's attempt to manage market share by competing on price. Chevy and Cadillac know whom they now. The Camaro is perfect for its market, so is the new Vette, Impala, and so is the ATS. They don't just have to rely on trucks for profitability anymore and that's cool.

So to me no more Camaros means Chevy loses what it has gained. No way.

CAFE will get watered down and so much new oil has been found that prices will be stable for some time. Climate change will be the only real driver for more fuel efficiency.

The wildcards five years out (post Gen6) are the economy and the younger generation. If the younger generation is saddled with high taxes to support the retirees coupled with associated lack of growth, they will be gloomy and not want cool cars like the Camaro. The younger generations are already said to have fewer driving enthusiasts, even apathetic about cars. They want infotainment, etc. Still look at the success of the Subaru BRZ with a high proportion of manual trans buyers.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #77
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Obviously we all have some strong opinions on thoughts people have when they leave the gym...

When I left the gym today I kept asking how did all these beautiful girls end up in one place, ahh, college

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #78
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
They already have a 6th gen in the works and the sales from the 5th gen are better then ever. The V8 small block is efficient as ever right now and get as good or better gas mileage to comparable 6 cylinders right now. So unless the 6th gen style just completely bombs it'll be around for a while.
No doubt it is selling in the tiny market it has. That said. I'd hardly say it's selling better than ever. You are limited to a single nameplate now where you weren't previously. I can think of many single model years for Camaro / Firebird that outsold the entire production run of the 5th gen now in it's 5th year of production.

The market has shrunk dramatically over the years.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #79
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You may want to go and drive the new 2014 Impala - it IS an Impala -- and it's receiving great acclaim.
it's still not a Camaro!
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #80
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Not trying to be controversial at all, but when I was leaving the gym today and walking toward my car it just dawned on me that Chevy could discontinue the Camaro.

I think this would be an especially good idea if GM ever moves away from V8s. If they try to reinvent the car at some point maybe they should rename it. The Chevy Impala is a good example maybe...to me that thing is no Impala. What do you guys think?
I don't think that it will be happening anytime soon, and I think that the Impala (especially the 2014) is one hell of a car and deserves the Impala nameplate. Now if you want something to talk about lets talk about what they did to the poor Nova, and to some degree what Pontiac did to the GTO.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #81
agent5

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS (+RS) + Hurst+ DME
Back in the 70's with the oil embargo they thought the same thing- V8's were dead. What happened was you got low power V8's which were better fuel economy at the time. Today you have efficient V8's that do a real 25-26mpg on the highway (I did 25.5 from STL to Indianapolis and back including driving in the city). The future is ever more efficiency, turning off cylinders like the LS99 and Stingray have so that eventually you will remain with a very similar mpg to other cars under normal driving..but when you choose.. the power is there. That's my take.
agent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #82
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
You may want to go and drive the new 2014 Impala - it IS an Impala -- and it's receiving great acclaim.
Yes, and thanks to you guys (and gals) my wife is all over me to get rid of her 09 Impala (which is still pristine) to get the 14. So I know what we will be doing this Labor Day weekend.

All kidding aside, we test drove the new Impala, and it is absolutely amazing, if I could I would live in it.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #83
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent5 View Post
Back in the 70's with the oil embargo they thought the same thing- V8's were dead. What happened was you got low power V8's which were better fuel economy at the time. Today you have efficient V8's that do a real 25-26mpg on the highway (I did 25.5 from STL to Indianapolis and back including driving in the city). The future is ever more efficiency, turning off cylinders like the LS99 and Stingray have so that eventually you will remain with a very similar mpg to other cars under normal driving..but when you choose.. the power is there. That's my take.
The low powered V8's were not very good either. My 74 Camaro with a 145 HP 350 would get around 20 MPG on the highway at 55 miles per hour. My Father had a 69 Caprice with a 255HP 350 and got 22 MPG at 70MPH..... The emissions controls choked the engines down to no power or efficiency.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #84
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
I heard they are putting diseal in the Camaro August 27 of 2013 and then moving the Oshawa Plant to the moon, they claim it will exceed government regulations.

Colin Gordon

What the f@#k is a diseal?...........................

wait........... they made a diseal probe?...... no wonder it went away.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote