Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
painting rear emblems

easy .
first remove the bowtie in the rear with dental floss or fishing string.

second clean the car and bowtie off of all the 3m sticky ( i used lighter fluid ) be sure after that step you wax the car in that spot atleast twice

third i sanded down the emblem using a 300 grit , not crazy just enough top scuff it ,

fourth prime the bowtie using etching primer so the paint will hold to the plastic

fifth spry the bowtie the color of your choice and let it dry i recommend atleast 3 coats

sixth lay in 3m double side sticky on the inside of the bowtie and then reapply the the trunk

here is a coup[le pics and you can repeat the process for the front as well
Attached Images

HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Looks great
BWProductions is offline   Reply With Quote