Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Maxtout2010
ASE Master Tech

Drives: 2010SS/RS
GMPP Accessory Parts Availability

Hey Guys & Gals,
I just had a conversation with my salesman and have a bit of an inside track since I used to work for the dealer. I had asked about some of the accessories that are supposed to be available for our Camaro's and was not happy about what he told me. I had inquired about the shorty headers, cat back exhaust kit, and a few other items and was told that the accessory dept has very little info. Almost no parts availability or labor times for the parts if they had them. Parts like the shorty headers and subwoofer do not even have a price yet and are showing as a second quarter launch. They did not have a date, just that it would be the second quarter. This is a dealer with an allocation of 48 cars. I was floored. Does anyone have any info on these parts or exactly when they will become available???
Thanks a bunch
Maxtout2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
there are prices out hes lying!
well atleast for the headers

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Call Dave in our Parts Dept on Friday. He's ON IT!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
I have a feeling Maxtout is right. Below was my experience yesterday (a post I made in another thread):

QUOTE:::
Before anybody comes at me with "Your dealer is an Idiot" (lol) please hear me out. I contacted my dealer with these questions and he went ahead and put me in touch with the parts department for the dealership that handles, processes, installs these options. This is what he said.

1) The track pack exhaust system is NOT street legal (here in Greensboro NC anyway). I then called a local reputable performance exhaust shop and asked what off-road exhaust was and was told it is performance exhaust without Cats, was not street legal, and would not pass inspection. It was more for racing only. So I guess that eliminates that option for me. This is fine so I'll be going with the CB exhaust option instead like I originally planned.

2) Also, the dealership parts dept. guy went on to say that according to Partech (no idea who this is but suspect it is somebody in the chain somewhere between the dealership and GM) that "those exhaust kits (any of them) will NOT be available until late this year or early next year." This is truly a bummer. I have been assured though that I would be able to roll up the price of these options in the price of the car when it arrives as long as pricing is available (apparently the pricing info is slow getting out to all dealers) and have it installed after the fact (which I can live with as long as GM doesn't have to liquidate for some reason).

Really don't know if this is the gospel but I've been getting good information from my dealer so far so I have no reason to doubt them. Just thought I'd share.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
In the GMPP catalog, it actually states that the TrackPak exhaust is for track/strip use only, indirectly implying not legal for street use.

Bet is sounds wonderful though.

You could always go with some after market cut-outs and a good tune
to satisfy your craving.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
check out the links on my sig.

there's lots of info including prices for accessories.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Maxtout2010
ASE Master Tech

Drives: 2010SS/RS
If I remember correctly, ParTech is the (Parts Technical Support) for the GM parts dept's.
Maxtout2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
For whatever reason, it does seem that many dealer's part departments don't have the pricing yet loaded into their systems. I was at John Hall Chevy in Daytona (apparently one of the largest dealers in the country) and they had some of the parts in their system, but no prices loaded. So it doesn't surprise me that other dealers are saying they don't yet have this information.

I have so far only seen the official pricing and install time on the various stripe packages, engine cover, ground effects, high wing spoiler and the 21" wheel package. The GMPP pricing for the other accessories is on their page, but it is unclear whether those are installed prices or not (at least to me).
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote