Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #211
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo13 View Post
'As designed' means little to consumers. I don't drive with my lights on during a bright sunny day so the auto feature is pointless on the non RS. I mentioned things I have from the RS and 2LT, its easy to know what is what. Chevy's website is great for that. Fogs on the 2014 work just like the 1LT I had, push the lights button and they come on, no change.
Not pointless. The other lights and your instrument lights remained off during the daytime. When it got dark your headlight would brighten and your tail lights, parking lights and side marker lights would come on along with your Guage lights. The headlights being on (DRLs) is a safety feature as it has been proven it makes approaching cars more visible even in bright daylight. Your 14's DRLs are you Halos, which is new this year.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #212
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Not pointless. The other lights and your instrument lights remained off during the daytime. When it got dark your headlight would brighten and your tail lights, parking lights and side marker lights would come on along with your Guage lights. The headlights being on is a safety feature as it has been proven it makes approaching cars more visible even in bright daylight. Your 14's DRLs are you Halos, which is new this year.
My 2004 Dodge Ram doesn't have DRLs so I drive with my fog lights on in the day so other cars see me better.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #213
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
hmmmm...1400 on a 40000 car. quibble quibble 3%
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #214
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AieaboyHI View Post
Put your hand over your head, palm down and wave it back and forth, front to back. Cuz you and 911 don't get it.
I get it dude, you just hatin on everyone.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #215
Nemo13

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Not pointless. The other lights and your instrument lights remained off during the daytime. When it got dark your headlight would brighten and your tail lights, parking lights and side marker lights would come on along with your Guage lights. The headlights being on (DRLs) is a safety feature as it has been proven it makes approaching cars more visible even in bright daylight. Your 14's DRLs are you Halos, which is new this year.
Yes pointless I am afraid. I don't need any auto headlights on or instrument panel, etc. on in the bright daytime. Safety day lights is silly talk, but for over worrisome liberal types I could see where that would be needed for them.

It only took a few days before I thought "This is stupid, I'm always turning them off..." but now with the RS lights, everything seems right. That's just my take on it so there is no wrong or right answers.