Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
blahzay

Drives: Camaro SS
V6 with ALL The Fixings?

Hello, I've always been a V8 person but unfortunately I made a bad decision to buy a freakin BMW 750I last year when someone totaled out my 2010 Camaro SS. I recently went to a car lot and was interested in a 2014 CRM Convertible 2SS/RS. It was a thing a of beauty but I think Im $9000 upside down on my BMW so I told them I wanted a payment no more than $650 a month and they basically said I would have to put down $9000 to get that price :-/

Im willing to put down $2000 but not 9. So I guess my only option now is to go for a V6 so what type of V6 would I have to get in order for it to basically "look" like the V8 i wanted (minus the hood of course). Havent really spent much time researching different model styles.

Things I would like are Halo's, ambient lighting, navigation and leather interior. Again, not sure if thats even a V6 option.
blahzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahzay View Post
Hello, I've always been a V8 person but unfortunately I made a bad decision to buy a freakin BMW 750I last year when someone totaled out my 2010 Camaro SS. I recently went to a car lot and was interested in a 2014 CRM Convertible 2SS/RS. It was a thing a of beauty but I think Im $9000 upside down on my BMW so I told them I wanted a payment no more than $650 a month and they basically said I would have to put down $9000 to get that price :-/

Im willing to put down $2000 but not 9. So I guess my only option now is to go for a V6 so what type of V6 would I have to get in order for it to basically "look" like the V8 i wanted (minus the hood of course). Havent really spent much time researching different model styles.

Things I would like are Halo's, ambient lighting, navigation and leather interior. Again, not sure if thats even a V6 option.
I think some of that is included with rs package and the rest i'm sure is available also... that must have been some car you looked at, I only have a 1ss because of my preference but I traded a 06 chevy dually that was paid off but the book on it was only 12k. the sticker on my car was around 34k plus tag (we pay tax in full up front in ga, may be the same everywhere) but I only borrowed 20k and the payment is 398 per month
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
you would have to get a 2LT to get leather which is the highest trim V6. if you want to be in a Camaro again i would honestly either wait and pay down the BMW or go with an LS. You can easily add almost everything to the LS that is in the LT trim minus the leather of the 2LT.

i bought a 2014 1LS and added the fog lights myself so my car on the outside looks like a 1LT non-RS. i personally dont like the 14 RS tail lights and can add the halo's later on.

i couldnt see paying that much a month...and if something did happen to it and you were that upside down you would be kinda screwed.

Edit: you could add the leather interior if you really had to have leather.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #4
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Personally I think you're crazy to spend 1SS money to get a loaded V6. To me the V8 absolutely makes the car. Leather, navigation, etc, etc is all nice, but you'll always just have a 6.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #5
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:

90% of available option on a v8 on can get on v6...including every one you mentioned above

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Personally I think you're crazy to spend 1SS money to get a loaded V6. To me the V8 absolutely makes the car. Leather, navigation, etc, etc is all nice, but you'll always just have a 6.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #7
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
So a used 12 or 13 is out of the question?
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post

The same thing Vett and ZL1 guys say.....get what you can afford

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
slashsnake

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
Why? He has his preference. I honestly would say I wouldn't have bought my car in a V6 too. Nothing against those that have them, enjoy them, and drive them, but it wasn't an option for me. He fails because his tastes differ from yours?

I might disagree with financing a new fully loaded car $7000 in the red to start out. His opinion is different. Oh well.
slashsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:

Okay I think you need a backup. You said "but I think I'm $9000 upside down".

So how much do you owe on the BMW and what are they offering you as value for trade?
Could you sell it outright to a private buyer? That should save you the loss of 3-4K easy.

I had an 07 Jeep Wrangler with 85000 miles on it but I sold back in January. The dealer was only going to give me $16K, I sold it for $23K on auto trader In 15 days. As a result I ended up making $3K more than I paid for it. even if you owe money on it and don't have the title in hand it's easy to sell a car online as there's broker services that will escrow the money to protect you and the buyer, and the fees pretty minimal. I split the escrow costs and only cost me a hundred bucks.
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #11
blahzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
So a used 12 or 13 is out of the question?
I really want a 2014 only because I had a loaded 2010. I kind of like the new look. The 2014 I looked at was pretty much loaded with everything. Thats one thing I do like about this particular dealership is that they add a lot of options to their cars. The one I was looking at already have the ground effects, recaro seats, flat black hood/truck, ZL1 black rims. I mean its EXACTLY what i wanted to do to mine anyway but its already done.

Im going over there tomorrow and if i can get my payment around $725 with $2000 down then Ill just eat it. I miss my camaro a lot but I think my hate for this BMW outweighs it and if I have to pay a couple extra hundred a month than i do now then so be it. LOL.

I just wanted to see what V6 options were out there in case I snapped back into reality. I appreciate all the feedback.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #12
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I'd pay yours down. But if you're so inclined, I have v6 and v8 Camaros and honestly love both.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #13
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
Why? He has his preference. I honestly would say I wouldn't have bought my car in a V6 too. Nothing against those that have them, enjoy them, and drive them, but it wasn't an option for me. He fails because his tastes differ from yours?

I might disagree with financing a new fully loaded car $7000 in the red to start out. His opinion is different. Oh well.
He may have his preference but he got the fail from the other guy because of his belittling attitude towards the V6 by saying-"but you'll always just have a 6". Not that I personally care (future Stingray owner here and my other vehicle is a supercharged V8), just pointing it out so you understand. I can't wait to get the Stingray so that I can say you all have "just" a Camaro, lol...
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
blahzay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
Okay I think you need a backup. You said "but I think I'm $9000 upside down".

So how much do you owe on the BMW and what are they offering you as value for trade?
Could you sell it outright to a private buyer? That should save you the loss of 3-4K easy.

I had an 07 Jeep Wrangler with 85000 miles on it but I sold back in January. The dealer was only going to give me $16K, I sold it for $23K on auto trader In 15 days. As a result I ended up making $3K more than I paid for it. even if you owe money on it and don't have the title in hand it's easy to sell a car online as there's broker services that will escrow the money to protect you and the buyer, and the fees pretty minimal. I split the escrow costs and only cost me a hundred bucks.

I owe $24000. Dealer is "offering" $15000 or a "possible" $16000. Its a 2006 750I with 65,000 miles. Runs great and nothing wrong with it but I just dont like it.