Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #211
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Dude...we need to add that smiley! That is too good.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #212
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Yea I dont have to worry about car theft in my area!! It's realllly affluent
Old 02-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #213
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
They just change too much between lighting conditions and angles, and then the quality of the camera, and it goes on. Also, noticing the blue in the ZR1 at that autoshow . . . notice how the lights are blue in the background? I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it.
I made my decision to go CGM after seeing the ZR1 at the Auto Show. I studied the paint VERY CLOSE and did not see ANY blue flakes. Then the Vette directly behind the ZR1 turned the headlights on and it completely changed with blue flakes everywhere. Sunlight is the key. Wish I could see it in the sun, but was still awesome in side with no lights.
--- My only question is how will black stripes look on it? ---
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #214
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
The first thing Johnson said was, "Do you mind if I turn the air conditioner off? It's 10 mph faster with it off."

I don't have an exact speed reading, but he had the hammer down.
Very jealous also! What great perks you have. I just have one all important quesion. When Jimmy put the hammer down, did you grab your seat with your cheeks, did you feel that acceleration and wonder if you were going to survive, did you get SCARED????

Great post & pics. ty
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #215
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Cyber Grey Metallic FTW!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #216
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I made my decision to go CGM after seeing the ZR1 at the Auto Show. I studied the paint VERY CLOSE and did not see ANY blue flakes. Then the Vette directly behind the ZR1 turned the headlights on and it completely changed with blue flakes everywhere. Sunlight is the key. Wish I could see it in the sun, but was still awesome in side with no lights.
--- My only question is how will black stripes look on it? ---
I think flat black stripes would really look awesome!
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #217
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Very jealous also! What great perks you have. I just have one all important quesion. When Jimmy put the hammer down, did you grab your seat with your cheeks, did you feel that acceleration and wonder if you were going to survive, did you get SCARED????

Great post & pics. ty
I had one moment that made my cheeks pucker.

Johnson nailed it on pit road and was wide open at the exit, when he pitched the car hard left without lifting, as if we were heading into the infield, than slammed it aggressively back to the right and went up the banking and around the oval.

That was a rush and I was astounded at how much control he had and how little he was moving his hands while I was about having a coronary. Jimmie did it to several other people and you could tell he was having fun scaring us.

Once we got up on the oval, I was astonished how smooth and quiet the car was. You truly didn't have a big sensation of speed.

Also, just so everyone knows, the amber taillights are because it's a pace car. They won't be on the street car.
heavyt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #218
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I was thinking of getting flat black stripes on my rally yellow Bumble bee style and length how do you guys think that will look?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #219
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I want that yellow NOW!
I would drop IOM for that particular yellow in a heartbeat...............i still love my IOM though! I wish they had an IOM car there for show as well, but maybe it wouldve been to distractng, maybe thats why they brought oonly black and silver (neutral cars) and then a beautiful mind blowing pace car.
CGM looks beautiful, but that yellow looks absolutely gorgious

I wouldnt go flat black, i think a gloss finish would look better.

Great pics and im real happy that you got to experience that. SOunds like it was a blast!
I cant wait to get our Camaros, so soon, soo soon,
P.S, that smiley needs to be added ASAP! Love that, kicking a can, lmao

Last edited by TAG UR IT; 02-09-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: triple post? please used edit button if needed
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #220
Silver Streak

Quote:

Johnson nailed it on pit road and was wide open at the exit, when he pitched the car hard left without lifting, as if we were heading into the infield, than slammed it aggressively back to the right and went up the banking and around the oval.

That was a rush and I was astounded at how much control he had and how little he was moving his hands while I was about having a coronary. Jimmie did it to several other people and you could tell he was having fun scaring us.

Once we got up on the oval, I was astonished how smooth and quiet the car was. You truly didn't have a big sensation of speed.

Also, just so everyone knows, the amber taillights are because it's a pace car. They won't be on the street car.
Sweet! Thank you.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:14 PM   #221
MrGazinya

Drives: Aggressive
Quote:

I want this friggin car NOW Thanks for the input
Black 2SS RS LS3 Inferno Int. '17 1LE replica 20's {MODS} KOOKS LT: Borla S-Type: Roto-Fab CAI: Hurst ST.: PFADT Stage 2, Trailing arms, Tie Rods: ECS BigBlower Cam: Fast 102mm intake: Brian Tooley racing dual spring kit: TFS pushrod set: Katech C5R timing chain: Mellings high volume oil pump: ATI Balancer: Ideal performance upgraded clutch master cylinder:Tick performance upgraded slave cylinder/throwout bearing: Mantic 9000 twin disk clutch & light weight flywheel: Tuned by Doug Ring at ECS. 475RWHP/445RWTQ.Dynapack Dyno.

MrGazinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #222
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
that thing looks awesome!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:19 PM   #223
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
Ject, your avatar is the same as my desktop wallpaper background, I also am leaning toward the Cyber Gray Metallic Camaro with beige two-tone interior and my other vehicle is a 2004 Chevy Silverado (2500HD diesel crew cab "LT" in red with tan leather). Never been to Wichita but are we related?
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #224
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
I bet thats one perk Johnson didn't think about when he won his 3rd Championship. But I'm sure when they asked him, nothinng but a big smile
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 pace car