Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Camaro as a long distance tourer

I just got back from my second drive from Venice FL to Toronto Can and back. What a great car for a long drive! 1500 miles each way and thru some awesome scenery in the mountains of North Carolina to West Virginia! My car is lightly modded with cai, headers and cam etc, yet still averaged 23.9 mpg! I didnt dawdle either! Some rather spirited running thru the mountains! Comfy car in all conditions, would do it again tomorrow! All this on a 2 year old car that has 64,000 miles on it! People loved seeing and hearing my car including the guy at US customs who asked me more questions about my car than where I had been and what I had bought! To the toll booth guy in West Virginia, hope you liked the burn out from your booth! Thanks for the free pass! Thanks to Tracy at RX performance, the cam and clutch you installed a week before I left worked flawlessly, and thanks to Phil from Tampa Tuning for a fine running car.

Last edited by mrvenicess; 07-03-2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Can we move to 5th generation general automotive.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
Yes, the Camaro is a great long distance car. I've driven from Ohio to Florida twice in mine.
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote