Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
bimmerborn

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
New member, new Camaro, new problem!

Hello and good morning to you all good members of Camaro5.
My name is bimmerborn from Sunnyvale CA. I just picked up a new 2011 LS. I already got an issue which I hope you can help me resolve it. I will state the problem, but first gotta post some pictures...

So, the issue is I can not get my iPhone 3GS to pair and audio stream for A2DP. The phone part of bluetooth pairing works perfectly fine. The audio streaming does not work. Again, this is an LS with base radio, AUX input, but no USB. One more detail is when I go to CONFIG menu (then bluetooth) I only see phone and GPS pairing options. Not for iPod or audio streaming. I tried to see what version of radio I have but I couldn't. Press and holding SELECT/MENU button does not do anything in any ignition mode.
Question is, did anyone get his/her iPhone paired to audio stream to an LS Camaro? Thanks in advance folks.
bimmerborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I have never heard of the bluetooth streaming music. I have a droidx and the only thing i can do are the phone function..i.e. incoming/outgoing calls and look through call logs.
orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
bimmerborn

I did a search previously and some members got various phone/devices to audio stream. The owner's manual clearly states the infotainment system is capable of A2DP version 1.4 protocol. However why I can not pair audio streaming feature is a mystery...
Old 07-21-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
we have the LT and iPhone 4's, and both connect fine..obviously you have the convience and connectivity package because you can pair your phone (which btw, i was unaware would come on a LS) but back to the problem at hand...have you gone through your blue tooth settings on your phone? Ours has a connection called "GMMusicConnect" on it and all we have to do is click on that and it starts streaming...yours should be preety close to the same.

Also, Welcome to Camaro 5!!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Welcome!

I've never heard of bluetooth streaming music audio in Camaro's. If you have bluetooth, I would assume you have the PDIM because that's connectivity package. This is kinda weird/confusing.

Also, see you got yours from Boardwalk! Same with mine! Maybe I'll see you at a nor-cal meet soon.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Welcome to C5!! The best family ever!! Sorry I can't help with your problem, I haven't tried to pair my I Pod with my car yet, and I don't have the IPhone; I have the HTC Thunderbolt. Oh, plu I'm still enjoying XM!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
bimmerborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Maybe I'll see you at a nor-cal meet soon.
Absolutely!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
bimmerborn, CONGRATS and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in them...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
The Camaro, with BlueTooth does support Audio Streaming, but it's a different menu item. Look at the owners manual to figure it out. It's in there, that's how I got mine to work. But, however, I don't use it, becuase I do have a USB port

Device List on my iPhone (Bluetooth)
General Motors (This is used for the phone in my car)
GMusicConnect (this is used to stream Audio to the car)
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #10
Reloaded
Beasting off the Riesling

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
we have the LT and iPhone 4's, and both connect fine..obviously you have the convience and connectivity package because you can pair your phone (which btw, i was unaware would come on a LS) but back to the problem at hand...have you gone through your blue tooth settings on your phone? Ours has a connection called "GMMusicConnect" on it and all we have to do is click on that and it starts streaming...yours should be preety close to the same.

Also, Welcome to Camaro 5!!
I have the 2SS with the USB port that i do not use... I prefer the BT streaming option... The member above had it right.. when you go through the pairing option you should see a GM music connect option. If you look through your manual you should be able to find the info.. Although it has to be connected through the radio button option.. If i remember correctly its in the phone button on the radio with one of the options in that menu.

For the record i have an android not an iphone
Reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #11
The_Bosnian_Synergy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro
I usually use it with my AUX cable input, it works perfectly fine, you can even chat on the phone that way.
BTW I also have an LS in synergy green
The_Bosnian_Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
HIOFECR

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
You can steam music via blue tooth i do it all the time. See below.

SQUEEZE THROTTLE. FEEL GROUND RUMBLE
HIOFECR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #13
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Welcome !!

Im almost 100% sure that the LS does not come with Bluetooth.

So unfortunately it will never work unless you replace a few modules.

I know my LS does not have Bluetooth.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #14
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
No connectivity package on LS. Comes standard on 2LT ans 2SS. Options on 1LT and 1SS.