Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Hey, I'd love for the Bills to have got John Gruden or Bill Cowher and Alex Smith with a trade and then traded down in the draft and grab Kyle Long first and then some more offensive line and defensive line help with 4 picks in 3 rounds.

But that's not my reality. Bottom line is that this is the best I've felt in a long time going into a season. It is pretty sad, but you tell me what would have been better for Buffalo?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #30
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Raiders didn't get enough from the 'fins in that trade, that was my only real problem with the draft. They still have a lot of holes and the extra picks would have helped.

PQ, I think they could have done a lot better than EJ in the first round. There were still a ton of players available that could have helped the Bills. If it were me, I would have taken Long, Eifert, Pugh or Floyd over a QB that they could have gotten in the 2nd round.

And as a Raiders fan, I'm glad a certain QB from Arkansas wasn't drafted by the Bills. He is going to make training camp interesting!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Raiders didn't get enough from the 'fins in that trade, that was my only real problem with the draft. They still have a lot of holes and the extra picks would have helped.

PQ, I think they could have done a lot better than EJ in the first round. There were still a ton of players available that could have helped the Bills. If it were me, I would have taken Long, Eifert, Pugh or Floyd over a QB that they could have gotten in the 2nd round.

And as a Raiders fan, I'm glad a certain QB from Arkansas wasn't drafted by the Bills. He is going to make training camp interesting!
I agree. BUT, the Bills drafts have been train wrecks for a while.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #32
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I sure hope this guy has his head on straight...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 345
Size:  41.4 KB
Old 05-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I sure hope this guy has his head on straight...

Attachment 505140
I'm sure they both do.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #34
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm sure they both do.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
LMAO... I totally missed this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm sure they both do.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #36
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LMAO... I totally missed this one...

That was how the San Diego Union Tribune welcomed Teo to town. You know it's already framed and in his Locker. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
That was how the San Diego Union Tribune welcomed Teo to town. You know it's already framed and in his Locker. lol

Too funny...

but you know, the one thing I like about it, is it will bring some press to SD this year just to cover him. LOL
Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #38
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
see, everyone is down on te'o, I think hes going to be a beast in the NFL. They have so many ways to properly utilize his skills.

He has an uncanny sixth sense as far as coverage. with the numerous plays they have in the NFL for the defense, as apposed to the 5 or 6 in college, he will be able to shine. It will be a huge plus that the team isn't depending on him alone to carry the defense.

I think that was an awesome pick by SD's GM. i wish the Falcons had gotten him when they could..still kinda wondering about the back to back CB picks.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:55 AM   #39
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
see, everyone is down on te'o, I think hes going to be a beast in the NFL. They have so many ways to properly utilize his skills.

He has an uncanny sixth sense as far as coverage. with the numerous plays they have in the NFL for the defense, as apposed to the 5 or 6 in college, he will be able to shine. It will be a huge plus that the team isn't depending on him alone to carry the defense.

I think that was an awesome pick by SD's GM. i wish the Falcons had gotten him when they could..still kinda wondering about the back to back CB picks.....
I think he had a very strong career at ND, but when he needed to shine in the BCS game, he got caught up in the imaginary GF drama.
I wouldn't have been upset to see the Raiders get him in the 3rd, but a 2nd was too high for a guy that slow. He has good instincts, takes good lines, can make tackles, but he doesn't do much on the other side of the LOS.

His biggest problem is going to be that the locker room and the media are going to be hard on him. Maybe in a couple of years he will be a stand out, but this thing is going to be hard to get over. Making the jump to the NFL is hard enough.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #40
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
I think he had a very strong career at ND, but when he needed to shine in the BCS game, he got caught up in the imaginary GF drama.
I wouldn't have been upset to see the Raiders get him in the 3rd, but a 2nd was too high for a guy that slow. He has good instincts, takes good lines, can make tackles, but he doesn't do much on the other side of the LOS.

His biggest problem is going to be that the locker room and the media are going to be hard on him. Maybe in a couple of years he will be a stand out, but this thing is going to be hard to get over. Making the jump to the NFL is hard enough.

those are very valid points.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote