Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #295
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
theres nothing wrong from a v6 camaro a v6 mustang yea no but a camaro in v6 is still sexy and fast. ( hell i would of bought the v6 if the damn dealer never asked me to drive the ss could of saved me a few payments as well :( lol

And when that Z28 comes out where all ****ed :(

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
Old 10-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #296
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
This argument started in 1966, it will never go away. Enjoy your savings over the V8.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #297
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Gosh...this thread is hard to read...all it is pages and pages of excuses, explaniations and bickering...blah blah you got a v6 you shoulda got a SS...blah blah blah you got an SS you shoulda got a vette....blah blah blah you got a vette you shoulda got a ferrari...blah blah blah you got a ferrari you should of got a bugatti... SEE MY POINT! can't we all just be happy and thankful for what we have.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #298
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
I took a gamble and hope the six will respond to turbocharging (I liked the camaro looks but after having a v8 and a turbo 4cyc, I enjoy turbo more)

That said, the stock v6 is nice and powerful, but its just in too heavy a car. Nobody would knock it if it was in a 2900 lb car, but such is not the case.
Either way I enjoy my car. I know its not the last thing I'll ever own, but for now there is nothing else I want more
Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #299
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
I took a gamble and hope the six will respond to turbocharging (I liked the camaro looks but after having a v8 and a turbo 4cyc, I enjoy turbo more)

That said, the stock v6 is nice and powerful, but its just in too heavy a car. Nobody would knock it if it was in a 2900 lb car, but such is not the case.
Either way I enjoy my car. I know its not the last thing I'll ever own, but for now there is nothing else I want more
there we goo somebody understands .... ya the v6 camaro engine is powerful but the car is just to heavy... it needs 400+ hp to be a fast car ...

why would you get a camaro if you like turbos and v6s ... the best v6s to sup up are Japanese... (light weight car with turbos )

idk why people would put a turbos in a v6 camaro... i put LTS cat back CAI... dyno tune and i will have more or the same RWHP... when you could have just gotin a v8 in in stead of buying the turbo kit ....

i just dont get it
Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #300
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
there we goo somebody understands .... ya the v6 camaro engine is powerful but the car is just to heavy... it needs 400+ hp to be a fast car ...

why would you get a camaro if you like turbos and v6s ... the best v6s to sup up are Japanese... (light weight car with turbos )

idk why people would put a turbos in a v6 camaro... i put LTS cat back CAI... dyno tune and i will have more or the same RWHP... when you could have just gotin a v8 in in stead of buying the turbo kit ....

i just dont get it
you misread him. he got the v6 because he plans on putting a turbocharger on it - and hes just commenting that he wishes it was a little less heavy.

This is exactly what us v6 owners are talking about. we arent asking you to understand - we hate explaining. just accept the fact that we have a plan, we know what we are doing and we like what we have.

its a Camaro -- who cares whats under the hood. appreciate the car and realize that not everyone does everything the same way - if we all did, the world would be pretty damn boring.

-R
Old 10-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #301
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
V6 owners don't care. We don't want to "rationalize" anything. We bought a car we love and enjoy and want to share with other Camaro enthusiasts. But seriously - we come to meets and shows and are talking to people about the love for the car and the minute they find out that there's "only a v6" under the hood, they lose interest. They suddenly don't feel that we are worthy to talk to or that they just don't care.
That's just crappy.

But I look at it this way. I've seen GT500 owners look down on Mustang GT owners. I've seen SRT owners look down on R/T owners. And I've seen Vette owners look down on SS Camaro owners. I just ignore people like that. A nice ride is a nice ride, regarless of the engine in it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #302
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's still a Beautiful 2010 Camaro. Enough said. What's under the hood is dictated by the personality and needs of the owner. Be proud to have an awesome piece of American made muscle.:flag2:

Old 10-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #303
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by black34v6 View Post
you misread him. he got the v6 because he plans on putting a turbocharger on it - and hes just commenting that he wishes it was a little less heavy.

This is exactly what us v6 owners are talking about. we arent asking you to understand - we hate explaining. just accept the fact that we have a plan, we know what we are doing and we like what we have.

its a Camaro -- who cares whats under the hood. appreciate the car and realize that not everyone does everything the same way - if we all did, the world would be pretty damn boring.

-R
some people do care what's under the hood, and it's viewed more as a muscle car, not just a car. the v6 doesn't really fit the bill for the muscle car status, but it's still plenty powerful, and more powerful then the v8s of yesteryear.

that being said, I have nothing negative to say to any v6 owner, it's still a nice car. people picked their flavor of camaro for reasons - you shouldn't have to take offense if someone wants to know why you chose x/y/z, I surely will not feel that way when someone asks me why I didn't get a z28 ($$$!). I've already explained that to a couple of people and it doesn't bother me.

just wait, some z28 owners will shit all over the SS owners and the v6 owners too. there are always the 'one upper' types of people out there in the world. one of my good friends growing up is a total one upper type that couldn't ever just be happy for his friends, and he lost about 90% of his friends.. : )

Old 10-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #304
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoWake View Post
It's still a Beautiful 2010 Camaro. Enough said. What's under the hood is dictated by the personality and needs of the owner. Be proud to have an awesome piece of American made muscle.:flag2:
Best response ever. If everyone thought this way it'd make things a lot better for the v6 owner.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #305
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
switching gears a little. I read somewhere the 2011 Mustang V6 has almost the same # of FWHP as the 5th Gen Camaro V6. Which one is faster? I think it is common knowledge by now that the 2011 is kicking the Camaro SS' rear end again (oh well, stock SS had a nice 1 year run atop the pony war), just havent heard or taken the time to read about the stang V6 vs Camaro V6.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #306
sangerbanger58

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT/RS
They won't be hating if they test drive the V6 and if they have a problem we could tell them that we would love to trade it in for a V8 if u make the payments on the car for me
Old 10-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #307
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
I like all my Camaro brothers and sisters .

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #308
ratman

Drives: 2010 Lt1
i have the v6. im running 93 octane in it and run it down the track. it runs low 14's and i get alot of people come up to me very impressed how fast this v6 is. next year after a cold air intake it should be in the 13's . so there is NO problem here

Closed Thread