Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
track and drag...what do i need?

see sig...new track opened up locally at the drag strip. looks sick! just wondering what my piece of junk handling camaro needs to do a bit of both at this power level? im a newb at drag racing and have a little experience at the track. some things im questioning like 1000hp axles or 1300? complete bushing kit or just some? will lower springs affect drag? any dealers wanna help with a total package? dont want to hunt down each part. had enough of that with my cam swap...thanks for your help?
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #2
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
if you lower the car plan on replacing axles more often. IRS likes level axles during hard launches, either that or recess the rear.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Send a PM to "BMR Sales", Kyle will hook you up with a great package that's affordable and will meet your needs.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
For the handling side, you'll want to have at least as much front wheel and tire as a 1LE or ZL1. And because the shock/strut damping requirements are significantly different between drag-race and handling, you'll want whatever dampers to be adjustable. Preferably with separate adjustments for bump and rebound.

As a side note, you'll want a very conservative tune, one that initially dials in throttle slowly (kind of the opposite of what you might want for drag or responding to impromptu street challenges). Even so, you'll still have to teach your right foot to be gentle on corner exit.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
for drag i will tell you that the Invo's wont hook up...they dont at my power level and im just bolt ons. so either pick up some drag radials or expect to spin off the line lol.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #6
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
I would talk to JDP Motorsports. They have the knowledge, experience and the parts to set you up.

Oh Tyler..... where are yoooooooooouuuuuuu? Get this man set up.

First I would do Pedders Bushings to get you foundation right. And yes all of them.
Then trailing arms/tie rod for the axle hop.
1000HP axles from DSS should be good but get the road race upgrade.
While you're at it investigate an aluminum driveshaft.
For lowering go with coilovers since you are going to be doing both drag and road course. You will want the adjustability to dial them in at the drag strip and the RC. As long as you do not lower it too much your axle geometry will be fine.
Sway bars as well.

After all that then, as Denis stated, it will be a matter of getting the right tire for the right track. But that is a whole other conversation.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
I would talk to JDP Motorsports. They have the knowledge, experience and the parts to set you up.

Oh Tyler..... where are yoooooooooouuuuuuu? Get this man set up.

First I would do Pedders Bushings to get you foundation right. And yes all of them.
Then trailing arms/tie rod for the axle hop.
1000HP axles from DSS should be good but get the road race upgrade.
While you're at it investigate an aluminum driveshaft.
For lowering go with coilovers since you are going to be doing both drag and road course. You will want the adjustability to dial them in at the drag strip and the RC. As long as you do not lower it too much your axle geometry will be fine.
Sway bars as well.

After all that then, as Denis stated, it will be a matter of getting the right tire for the right track. But that is a whole other conversation.

T.
Thanks for the support TBone!

I'd suggest starting with the Pfadt ZL spec Stage III suspension package along with our JDP/Pfadt Upper control bushings. The Stage III package does include drop springs, but we can leave them out and build a custom package with coilovers if your budget allows, or even do coilovers down the road.

As for Axles, I'd probably go with the DSS 1000 HP axles at your power level.

Feel free to give me a call or shoot me a PM/Email and we can discuss your goals and budget and get you setup with a package to meet your needs. Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by forklord View Post
see sig...new track opened up locally at the drag strip. looks sick! just wondering what my piece of junk handling camaro needs to do a bit of both at this power level? im a newb at drag racing and have a little experience at the track. some things im questioning like 1000hp axles or 1300? complete bushing kit or just some? will lower springs affect drag? any dealers wanna help with a total package? dont want to hunt down each part. had enough of that with my cam swap...thanks for your help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Send a PM to "BMR Sales", Kyle will hook you up with a great package that's affordable and will meet your needs.
Definitely shoot me a PM or give me a call and I can get you set up with a package that will fit your needs and won't break the bank. We have a pretty awesome Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale starting up today so I can get locked into some very good deals on our parts.

If there is anything I can do to help you out just let me know.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote