Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Holy Sh!T this was a lot of emergency lights... help!

So I go to my usual "do-it-yourself" $0.25 car wash tonight... put my $12 in and wash my car like any normal week...Including the engine bay on "spot free rinse" avoiding the fuse boxes and intake...

After drying and upon start-up, I get a bazillion lights (pictured below) and "Service Stabilitrak" show up...

I did nothing different than I have over the past 18 months... what gives?!?!?!?!

Any suggestions/ideas/etc before I go to the dealer????? HELP!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Drago77; 08-31-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
did they come back on after you turned it off then back on?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
did they come back on after you turned it off then back on?
Nope... that was my first hope...

I'm "assuming" I got something wet that I shouldn't have... although I did nothing more than usual... perhaps a fuse blew???? dunno...

I'm hoping someone else experienced this before and can guide me in the right direction... I'll check it again in the morn, and if the lights are still there, start going through the fuses... if no luck, then off to the dealership Monday... ugh...
Old 08-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Sounds like you got something wet. Did you bother wrapping any of the electronics up in plastic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Sounds like you got something wet. Did you bother wrapping any of the electronics up in plastic.

Honestly... No...

But this is about a weekly-to-bi-weekly washing at the same place/in the same manner for me, and never had any problems before. I really only spray (again- using spot-free rinse) the soap off the painted frame and plastic trim by the windshield, plastic engine cover, and lightly over the fuse cover (I have an added on painted metal cover with a polished plate)... And I spent significanly less time spraying under the hood than normal, as I have no shows this week... just a generic cleaning after Tropical Storm Isaac messed up our roads......

I agree... I think something that shouldn't may have gotten wet. My concern is, is this something that will clear itself up when it dries (if thats the case) or did I seriously mess something up? I was thinking maybe a fuse popped... dunno... just guessing at this point.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Check the fuses and relays. May want to buy some can air and blow out around any electronics.

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Jetcop20
Jetcop20

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
dunno

Jetcop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Id drive the car and get it hot. Then go home and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and let it sit over night. See what happens in the morning.
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
thats prolly good plan.

Ive had it come on, i was like crap guess ill take it in tomorrow, then when I cranked it up the next morning nothing and nothing since.....why was thinking maybe after turn it off
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

I disconnected the batt and gonna let it sit overnight... hopefully all good in the morn
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #11
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Back to normal!

Unplugged batt and let sit overnight... replugged; got codes. Checked fuses... still got codes, checked speed sensors ; still got codes. Began driving to auto zone to get a diagnostic... codes went away! Guess the threat of auto zone scared it straight!

Thanks everyone for your help!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
hapisok
crazier than a coconut

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
once you get a stabilitrac light, even after you clear the codes you generally have to drive it a little bit and they'll clear on their own. but don't expect to have stabilitrac available as long as those lights are on because you won't...ask me how i know, it wasn't pretty.