Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #15
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
That would be pretty scary to hear that without warning and wonder if something really bad is happening! I know I'd be wondering if we were under attack or something! That video of the mom taping the girl in the pool when the booms came by was neat though. That poor girl didn't know what to think!
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #16
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad some of you think this was a joke but it wasnt funny.

sitting here at the house Nothing on the TV nothing on the net about it until like 30mins or so. scarry as hell.

We have those scary moments out here all the time. quiet often there will be a giant passanger jet so close to the ground I could hit it with a rock and all I can do is wait to hear either the oil refinery or coal power plant blowing up.
As they have no business being so low with no airport even close to us.
I always hold my breath; wait and listen.

Though best thing ever was soon after 911 a fighter jet flew over LOW LOW and he tipped his wings at me when I looked up.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #17
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad some of you think this was a joke but it wasnt funny.

sitting here at the house Nothing on the TV nothing on the net about it until like 30mins or so. scarry as hell.
I can see how it would be scary if you have never heard it before, but every time I hear a sonic boom now, it's like music to my ears

BTW: F15's =
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Whoa, that’s a full afterburner all the way. Double sonic boom, oh my god. It’s a double sonic boom, all the way. Whoa that’s so intense. Whoa man! Wow! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa ho ho oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Woo! Oh wow! Woo! Yeah! Oh ho ho! Oh my god! Oh my god look at that! It’s starting even to look like a triple afterburner! Oh my god it’s full on! Sonic Boom all the way across the sky! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh god. What does this mean? Oh. Oh my god. Oh. Oh. God. It’s so bright, oh my god it’s so bright and vivid! Oh. Ah! Ah! It’s so loud! [Crying? Laughing?] [Pretty sure he’s crying.] [Now he’s laughing and crying.] Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god! Oh my god, it’s a double complete sonic boom! Oh right in my front yard. [Laughter] Oh my god. Oh my god, what does it mean? Tell me. [Crying] Too much. I don’t know what it means. [Laughter] [Heavy breathing] Oh my god it’s so intense. Oh. Oh. Oh my god.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I can see how it would be scary if you have never heard it before, but every time I hear a sonic boom now, it's like music to my ears

BTW: F15's =
I have heard sonic booms before, THEY are not allowed here over land so if you are not used to them it was scary.

of course we are always on our toes around here because of the Pacific ring of fire as well, you hear that kind of stuff you start looking towards the sky looking for mt St helens or rainier to see if you can see the explosion.

Steve the double boom, was them hitting the after burners. lol. Will explain more this weekend. ASK dan

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

They blacked out part of the interview w/the portland natl gaurd...Where is that tin foil at....

Also can't believe somebody wasted his time asking how fast an F-15 can go... I think that would be easily attainable knowledge.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #21
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Where is that tin foil at....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...85&postcount=9
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #22
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Whoa, that’s a full afterburner all the way. Double sonic boom, oh my god. It’s a double sonic boom, all the way. Whoa that’s so intense. Whoa man! Wow! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa ho ho oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Woo! Oh wow! Woo! Yeah! Oh ho ho! Oh my god! Oh my god look at that! It’s starting even to look like a triple afterburner! Oh my god it’s full on! Sonic Boom all the way across the sky! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh god. What does this mean? Oh. Oh my god. Oh. Oh. God. It’s so bright, oh my god it’s so bright and vivid! Oh. Ah! Ah! It’s so loud! [Crying? Laughing?] [Pretty sure he’s crying.] [Now he’s laughing and crying.] Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god! Oh my god, it’s a double complete sonic boom! Oh right in my front yard. [Laughter] Oh my god. Oh my god, what does it mean? Tell me. [Crying] Too much. I don’t know what it means. [Laughter] [Heavy breathing] Oh my god it’s so intense. Oh. Oh. Oh my god.

Nice....very nice
Old 08-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Yeah, I was agreeing with ya.lol
Old 08-18-2010, 02:07 PM   #24
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that must have been cool
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #25
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
I plead ignorance... is this from a movie?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #26
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
I plead ignorance... is this from a movie?

OK, really it's from this.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 PM   #27
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:

OK, really it's from this.
awesome!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #28
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
When you live near a F-15 squadron with an active NORAD component (which the 123rd FS, the Oregon ANG squadron in question, is) you have to expect that kind of thing once in a while.

The 123rd Fighter Squardon of the 142nd Fighter Wing maintains 2-4 F-15's on 5 minute alert at all times. Typically they are armed with a interception load of 2 Aim-9M/X Sidewinder (IR guided) missiles, two external drop tanks and 4 Aim-120 AMRAAM radar guided missiles. The pilots are never more than a minute away from the aircraft.

On scramble the pilots are expected to have the aircraft in the air within 10 minutes from arrival at the aircraft. Most well trained and drilled crews can do it in 7 minutes. Use of speeds in excess of Mach 1 are limited to genuine alert scrambles (in this case to protect the President).

In short, well done OR ANG!
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote