Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 04-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #29
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Does anyone know if there is a TSB notification list we can join ?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #30
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Ok here is the latest, GM has a beefier improved pressure plate which will keep the chutch petal from sticking half engaged. I could go with a aftermarket clutch and they would install it but away goes my 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Well.... I will be up and running in three days with a new clutch with the improved pressure plate. I bet all the new M6 camaros coming off the line in Oshawa have this pressure plate. I don't have but 3000 miles on my car and I don't intend on drag racing, however I do expect to be capable to take off quickly from a stop if I want to. All new design cars have their growing pains and it looks like GM wants to keep Camaros with a untarnished reputation in the performance division.
Can you give me the part number and buleetin number in a PM of the this pressure plate replacement you are having done. Mine is having very similar issue's and makes a whole lot of noise when depressing..
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #31
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Hmmm...I ran the part number and it does change numbers. Maybe they were telling the truth and GM hasn't posted a TSB yet.
I'm new to this 'TSB awareness' concept - are we talking about having the Clutch replaced through this TSB? It calls for a new/replacement clutch becasue of part failure? ...Or, it just 'allows' for a replacement if the owner has problems before 10K?

Just need a little clarification here - got home from c5 last night at 9K miles. My clutch is doing fine, but hey, if it's bad I want to take it in before it craps out on me. (glares curiously at LPE)

Thanks for the help.
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
TSB is a technical service bulletin. Think of it as GMs way of telling the mechanics about problems they are having and how to resolve them. But like I said, I have seen no TSB that mentions an improved part. I only noticed that the original part # changes(could be improved, or it could just be coming from a different vendor). I will let you know if I learn anything new though. Does all this make sense?
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #33
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
Clutch stinks in the LS3... I ripped the mechanical section of the JD Power and Associates Survey that was sent to me because of the clutch.
I'm sitting 607 at the wheels, stock clutch still. Luckily my pedal never stuck, but from what MTI racing and others were telling me I was boiling the hydroloc fluid which was not letting me shift into gears. I would literally boil it during first and second shifts...... Then could not get into third. Sure you all saw me coasting the last 1/3 of the track. And still putting up a 13.7. Haha.

Trying to decide on the single disk Monster or the dual disk Textrailia. Both are 900hp/tq rated and the same price installed.

Any clutch experts want to help educate me?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #34
Devilish SS
~Heaven Sent & Hell Bent~

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 1968 Chevelle
My car was built first week of Feb, 2010. I keep smelling burning clutch and it has felt spongy for the past week or so.
Is this part of the same problem your all talking about?
I currently have 3400 km on the car.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM   #35
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Can you give me the part number and buleetin number in a PM of the this pressure plate replacement you are having done. Mine is having very similar issue's and makes a whole lot of noise when depressing..
I will send you a pm later today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
TSB is a technical service bulletin. Think of it as GMs way of telling the mechanics about problems they are having and how to resolve them. But like I said, I have seen no TSB that mentions an improved part. I only noticed that the original part # changes(could be improved, or it could just be coming from a different vendor). I will let you know if I learn anything new though. Does all this make sense?
Absolutely, and post up what you know for fact.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #36
summitss/rsls3

Drives: summit white/IOM ss/rs ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish SS View Post
My car was built first week of Feb, 2010. I keep smelling burning clutch and it has felt spongy for the past week or so.
Is this part of the same problem your all talking about?
I currently have 3400 km on the car.

Yes this is exactly what we are talking about. Mine was that way you explain when i first bought my car and in the end took the trans out because of it. they replaced my trans but not the clutch or slave, and now the other day my clutch stuck halfway up again.
summitss/rsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #37
summitss/rsls3

i called my service manager today and told him what happend to me this weekend and that i am not the only one having this problem. he told me to drive it and that he was going to document it and if it happened again to bring it in and he would deal with tech assistance and GET the problem fixed. He thinks this is BS too!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #38
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitss/rsls3 View Post
i called my service manager today and told him what happend to me this weekend and that i am not the only one having this problem. he told me to drive it and that he was going to document it and if it happened again to bring it in and he would deal with tech assistance and GET the problem fixed. He thinks this is BS too!
Well it is, but not all manual trans camaros have experienced this. Mine now, has the tranny pulled and the flywheel has been buffed out in preparation for the new clutch with a improved pressure plate. I should get the car back tomorrow. A stuck clutch petal is the problem, but the culprit is the pressure plate and I believe that is true.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #39
summitss/rsls3

well keep us informed, i'd really like to know what the deal is. I still think its more the hydraulic slave as opposed to the clutch itself, because when it is working the way its suppose to the clutch holds fine. IDK?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #40
jnm2003

Drives: O2 GMC & 2010 camaro SS IBM 6M
sometimes when the clutch pedal sticks ive noticed condensation on the reservoir which might indicate boiling?! sometimes its clear and no condensation. All i know is im bringin mine to the dealer in the next week and hopefully will get it solved.
Ive tried brake fluids with a higher boiling point and it has helped but not resolved it. So it could be the slave, or pressure plate i guess or both. I will keep yall updated.
TJBUSA will u pm me with a part number also?

2010 camaro SS/RS Manual IBM.
NEW TIME 12.24 @ 114 mph. -[B] street tires, Hurst short throw, Halltech yellow jacket intake, AR long tube 1 7/8 headers, and a tune.
12.82 @ 110 MPH 1.92 60ft ALMOST Bone Stock ONLY MOD IS Borla mufflers.
jnm2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #41
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Soooooo the bottom line is, don't drive your Camaro like it has 426hp with a Manual Tranny and you'll be just fine. Drive it like its a Toyota with a 4speed, and it will last a while.

CRAP!
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:12 PM   #42
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
we carry fidanza clutches and Rev 1000hp axles and reinforced tube control arms if anyone needs em, ill work out a camaro5 fest emergency groupbuy on these goodies.