Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
roadtripper

Drives: 2006 GTO, 1974 Javelin
Detroit automakers now will be delivered into the hands of a committee

General Motors (GM) and Chrysler must file plans Tuesday to show how they would remain viable if the government lends them billions of dollars more.
If the government gives the go-ahead, the committee overseeing the automakers' plans will have representatives from the departments of Treasury, Labor, Transportation, Commerce and Energy, as well as from the National Economic Council, the White House Office of Energy and Environment, the Council of Economic Advisers and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

I sure hope the auto makers have the ability to build cars that the consumer, and auto enthusiasts, finds desirable. With this assembled committee, I'm not so sure.
roadtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:39 AM   #2
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
I hope these billions of dollars help GM and Chrysler further research more alternative fuel technology. I think that would be key to winning this committee they have assembled. GM needs to kick it into high gear and start putting better quality products throughout the whole lineup in order to knock out competition..I mean come on Hyundai Genesis as North American Car of the year?!

We should be worried..no offense but I don't quite accept that especially with a hard working great country we have. Maybe im wrong??

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My father has been doing 14-16 hour days, 7 days a week, for the last 2 or 3 weeks working on this plan. I really hope it is well accepted and GM can get back to making cars. It scares me that they are forced to have all their market research guys stuck dealing with lawyers and bondholders. I can't wait till this is behind us.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrollcali87 View Post
I hope these billions of dollars help GM and Chrysler further research more alternative fuel technology. I think that would be key to winning this committee they have assembled. GM needs to kick it into high gear and start putting better quality products throughout the whole lineup in order to knock out competition..I mean come on Hyundai Genesis as North American Car of the year?!

We should be worried..no offense but I don't quite accept that especially with a hard working great country we have. Maybe im wrong??
Remember the Saturn Aura and the Chevy Malibu were the last two NACOTY.... I predict the Camaro will be the next one.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
General Motors (GM) and Chrysler must file plans Tuesday to show how they would remain viable if the government lends them billions of dollars more.
If the government gives the go-ahead, the committee overseeing the automakers' plans will have representatives from the departments of Treasury, Labor, Transportation, Commerce and Energy, as well as from the National Economic Council, the White House Office of Energy and Environment, the Council of Economic Advisers and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

I sure hope the auto makers have the ability to build cars that the consumer, and auto enthusiasts, finds desirable. With this assembled committee, I'm not so sure.
Do you have the confidence that the Government knows enough to tell the manufacturers how to build cars that the consumer, and auto enthusiasts, finds desirable?. based on past track records of other government programs, I doubt it.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Do you have the confidence that the Government knows enough to tell the manufacturers how to build cars that the consumer, and auto enthusiasts, finds desirable?. based on past track records of other government programs, I doubt it.
I think the question is do we have confidence in our government to help save GM and Chrysler which are both North American Companies (well GM Canada too) which supplies countless numbers of jobs for people around the world? Mechanics, Engineers, Scientists, restorers, etc..the neighbor next door who works down in Bowling Green

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Ya know what, I'm going to laugh when the government finds that nobody is buying the cars that GM has been mandated to build. And when that happens, and they decide that 'they are no longer viable'..

I will have lost faith in America.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote