Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #29
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoolsey View Post
They come with a life time warranty? Why didn't you claim it?
you might need to go to china to claim the warranty..lol

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #30
toml_pa
ʇuɐıʌǝp lɐıɔos

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewoolsey View Post
So, just got my headers in the mail and finished installation yesterday For anyone that's wondering, these headers have excellent quality. The fit was PERFECT and welds were all smooth and beautiful. Anyone who pays 1200 for a set of kooks or stainless works is wasting they're money. Im happy with everything about them. I did the install in about 3 hours on jack stands in my garage and only had a few minor problems (which were not related to the headers). And I am only 19 with not much DIY experience. If anyone has any question an wants to know more about the headers or the install you can leave a comment or pm I would be super happy to give back something to the forum. Chears
Just want to get back on topic to congratulate the OP on his good deal before the mods shut this thread down like they always do when the haters take over. I got an excellent deal on my OBX headers also. Oh and one more thing, I have been a UAW member for 34 years and I bought OBX headers. If anybody doesn't like it they can ki$$ my a$$.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #31
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
I guess getting the OBX won't hurt.
Now I'm stuck again. LTs or shorties
Old 04-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #32
yessitsfast

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
I guess getting the OBX won't hurt.
Now I'm stuck again. LTs or shorties
get the lt's shorties are too close too stock performance wise to justify the cost.
just get ready to have the "ghetto" come all out of you my ninja
Old 04-13-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessitsfast View Post
get the lt's shorties are too close too stock performance wise to justify the cost.
just get ready to have the "ghetto" come all out of you my ninja

And by "ghetto" you mean ?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #34
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan513 View Post
mikess read up son not 1 time did i say anything about me saving money and u didnt , i was just sayin kooks guys dont need to say anything about obx guys either and steel is steel 304 is 304 right i cut metal with plasma cutter and torches almost every day. as far as obx stealing off u say kooks and arh or whatever how do u know it didnt happen other way around. just sayin who knows where they got their info to make them. all i know is im happy with mine and your happy with yours so who cares all i know is they perform well look good and sound awesome. but do go sayin were all about u.s. products when ur car come from canada and has probably 25% or more parts on it from china or whereever if not more.

i support the u.s. as much as then next guy but if i cant afford it and it dont make logic sence for me or my family im not going to spend 1000 bucks just to say i got the (brand)

just like the case when u were in school and had ur 500 doller gucci shoes i had my good ol 50 doller kicks and got laid about 50 times more than u did lol.
nothing toward u just sayin that for a example god knows i didnt get laid until, wait i still havent and im 28. lol , damn that means those arent even my kids livin with wtf
get my point
yes i understand, again i only said something because the OP pretty much insulted me and other kooks and stainless works owners. it does really bother me, so i made a comment. when i said don't tell me i wasted money, it was said like for everyone to hear. not directed at you if that makes sense.

i feel you still mis understand my point though. its really not a american made VS import made debate. in fact i prefer European made goods over US good overall. german and Italian made is where its at if you ask me.

its a debate about knock offs, i hate fake gucci products wouldn't never buy one.
gucci is made in italy and knock off are made in china. nothing to do with US, but i still care.
also its a fact that chinese steal the designs off many companies. guns, clothes, headers, etc.

i live in MI, and i know people pretty high up in GM and chrysler. cant tell you how much they hate other counties at times. for things like these involving car parts.

anyways i think i am pretty much done with this thread, try to make my point and thats it.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
yessitsfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
yes i understand, again i only said something because the OP pretty much insulted me and other kooks and stainless works owners. it does really bother me, so i made a comment. when i said don't tell me i wasted money, it was said like for everyone to hear. not directed at you if that makes sense.

i feel you still mis understand my point though. its really not a american made VS import made debate. in fact i prefer European made goods over US good overall. german and Italian made is where its at if you ask me.

its a debate about knock offs, i hate fake gucci products wouldn't never buy one.
gucci is made in italy and knock off are made in china. nothing to do with US, but i still care.
also its a fact that chinese steal the designs off many companies. guns, clothes, headers, etc.

i live in MI, and i know people pretty high up in GM and chrysler. cant tell you how much they hate other counties at times. for things like these involving car parts.

anyways i think i am pretty much done with this thread, try to make my point and thats it.
so its a knock off because you said so. show me where it has a kooks stamp trying to be kooks. technologies are copied all of the time it's life, monkey see monkey do
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #36
black.

Drives: IBM 2SS
Quote:
so its a knock off because you said so. show me where it has a kooks stamp trying to be kooks
good point.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #37
mikeSS

Quote:
so its a knock off because you said so. show me where it has a kooks stamp trying to be kooks
i mean technically speaking, i guess they are not knock offs. but again they look exactly the same, and cost half the price. honestly they look so similar that it would be a easy win in court if kooks were to sue.

anyone wanna bet me that kooks hates OBX? maybe there is a reason behind that....

guys use some common sense. stop looking at this in the eyes on a consumer and start to in the eyes of a business owner. who works very hard to keep his company going and provides jobs for the working class.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #38
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Does Kooks even make LTs for the v6 ?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #39
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody'sSS View Post
This is a great ?...obx makes v6 headers..so if kooks doesn't ..how can you make knock offs of something that does exist..

Sarcasm ? If not than I think it's a good question
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #40
mikeSS

it has been said that OBX copys off another brand for the v6..... look into ti

BBK headers i believe
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #41
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

What's the life span of the OBX compared to the SW or ARH
Old 04-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
yessitsfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
What's the life span of the OBX compared to the SW or ARH
there is probably no difference in lifespan that you will notice and they will all probably last longer than the car itself

Closed Thread

Tags
headers, install, long tube, obx, problems