Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #29
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SBlackS1 View Post
No thanks....I'll go to a tuner that can tune MY car. I hate to say this ....but EVERY Camaro is different as far as tuning. If he is tuning from a dynoed car that he did ...that tune is completely different than a car Identical to it...fueling is different...LFTS...timing. You are being conned if someone elses dyno tune is in your car!!! Unless it's free...but even then....the life of my engine is more important than a freebee!!!
I would be skeptical too if I didn't understand the process.

There are at least four quality dyno shops within 50 miles of here. I have used two of them over the years plus one other that has since closed. For a street car, I see little advantage over a JRE tune.

I have done multiple tunes with JRE for various reasons. I run a blower and have had zero defects. Their last upgrade and free tune added 70 hp in MPH on the track. Again zero defects.

Oh and for the record, just for fun we put the car on a dyno at a club event earlier this year. It produced 10rwhp more than what JRE quoted me on the phone.

No one expects you to change your mind, but maybe now you have a better picture why we believe there is more than one way to tune a Camaro.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #30
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
No thanks....I'll go to a tuner that can tune MY car. I hate to say this ....but EVERY Camaro is different as far as tuning. If he is tuning from a dynoed car that he did ...that tune is completely different than a car Identical to it...fueling is different...LFTS...timing. You are being conned if someone elses dyno tune is in your car!!! Unless it's free...but even then....the life of my engine is more important than a freebee!!!
First, welcome to C5. It will likely consume more of your time than you expect. Second, while I think that nothing you said is wrong, I'd like to present the other side of the discussion.

First, the JRE tune is less expensive than a local shop. It allows you to return the car to stock whenever you want, and, should you decide to sell the car, you can sell the SCT tuner as well and recoup some funds. It's also pretty hard to beat a free tune with the purchase of parts. Second, Ted has a 100% unblemished reputation not only on this site, but on the entire internet. I challenge you to find a single unhappy JRE customer or another tuner with such a good reputation. Kinda makes you think that his tunes may be pretty safe. Third, for a stock car or something simple like bolt ons, while a shop dyno tune MIGHT get you a little more, how much do you think you're really leaving on the table? A couple of HP?

You made a good arguement against remote tuning (in addition to the fact that you don't get a dyno sheet or fun times at the tuner watching your car on the rollers). I just wanted to to balance it out with a good arguement for remote tuning. All in all, everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their own car.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #31
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Ive seen enough horror stories from people who have had their cars dynotuned by EXPERTS to know that method leaves alot to be desired as well. Not to mention the price difference for taking it to thier shop as well as the time spent there waiting for them to do it. JRE rocks
No One will make you do what we have done and you cant make us do what you have done so its all a moot point to me.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #32
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
]

lolwut?
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
Quote:
Diablosport is a better tuner to buy and it looks like someone won't let me put the name up of the guy that does the best tunes!!! Lol
Your a idiot
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #34
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #35
M Miller69

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Just Did a JRE tune Monday on my car.. If you have an L99 and have bolt on's this is a must! First thing I noticed was the car starts and runs alot smoother. Crisper throttle response, and the best part of all NO AFM!!. Car will also now do an awesome burnout . Teds instructions along with the SCT made it real easy to install.

10' 2SS
MPD1 Hood
MPD1 spoiler
SS front splitter

SW lt Headers
VMaxx porteds TB
JRE 93 octane tune
M Miller69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #36
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Miller69 View Post
Just Did a JRE tune Monday on my car.. If you have an L99 and have bolt on's this is a must! First thing I noticed was the car starts and runs alot smoother. Crisper throttle response, and the best part of all NO AFM!!. Car will also now do an awesome burnout . Teds instructions along with the SCT made it real easy to install.
Enjoy your new car

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
There you go. I know what you mean. Enjoy
Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
I been enjoying my jre tune for a few week now. Car runs 100% better. If i had more modes a dyno tune might be better but for now its fantastic!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #39
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I put a JRE tune into my LS3 yesterday and I have to say...it IS like a new car. I have Cold Air Inductions CAI, MBRP 3" cat back exhaust and ARH LT headers. It never threw a CEL and the way it was running seemed "okay".

I talked back and forth with Ted and he assured me that it wasn't running the way it is supposed to. I bought the SCT X3 tuner from Ted, uploaded my stock tune and emailed it to him along with all the info he requested about my car, including fuel octane.

A couple of hours later, I had my tune. I downloaded it from email into the tuner, loaded it into my car, unhooked the SCT and started the car. IMMEDIATELY I felt a difference in the way the car was running! I now realized that it had NOT been running "okay". Or maybe realized that "okay" was not good enough!

It idled better and sounded better exhaust tone wise.

I just had to take it out for a road test. I backed out of my garage and as I was pulling away, I realized that it takes just slight pressure on the accelerator to accelerate. Put her down a bit more and it started to pull. 1st, 2nd...2nd had so much more torque. 3rd had more torque. Got it onto the highway and did some light, medium and hard accels. WOW!

For anyone who is wondering about Ted's tunes...let me tell you...my experience with Ted is outstanding! Just the feel and sound of my car now tells me that he knows what he is doing.

Do you need to tune after doing headers? No, you don't have to if you can live with so, so. Yes, if you want the full potential out of your vehicle. After feeling the difference, I wonder what kind of damage can be done without the tune.

Before the tune, it sounded nasty. Idled rough, accelerated so, so. Felt more power, but always figured there should be more. Ted proved to me how essential a tune is after LT headers.

Thank you Ted Jannetty. You have made a believer out of me!
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #40
SS_BONE_'MARO

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Same here! I really enjoy my car now, with the JRE tune, no AFM and better feel overall. Getting updates is easy and Ted is great to work with.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #41
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Thank you all for your Open and Honest Evaluations, I will continue to work Hard for my Customers.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #42
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Thank you all for your Open and Honest Evaluations, I will continue to work Hard for my Customers.

Ted.
Work hard for your customers eh? You should go find a bay and start cutting holes in my hood!!!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote