Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #15
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Ok when I bought my BMW 135i me and A LOT of other people used this method and it worked out amazingly...I don't know if this will help you but just in case here it is...It's called the "Rizzo Method" look at it and let me know what you think.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/faq/rizzo.html
That is good generally, but doesn't help much in this situation since we don't know the price of the car yet.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
That is good generally, but doesn't help much in this situation since we don't know the price of the car yet.
This is true you don't know the price, but on monday, I'm sure that all that is going to happen is you sitting down and telling them what you want on the car. Like you said theres no price yet, so therefore you don't really have to ask a whole lot of questions, your not gonna be number crunching on monday, negotiating fees, or anything like that set in stone yet due to the fact there is no price. NOW, once the pricing does come into affect, then I would refer to that little write up I posted...It helped me and alot of other 135i owners out alot.
SimC33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM   #17
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
So if I try to negotiate cheaper fees do I just ask if I can get cheaper fees, or is there a better way of saying it?
Well, I hate to say this, and please don't take it the wrong way, but since you're committing to buying a brand new model sight unseen, you're pretty much screwed on getting any deals on the charges. Expect to pay the maximum for everything.

That's the price you'll pay to be first to have this vehicle, among other things.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
very good advice... i have a 2008 Pontiac G5 GT im going to trade....has 20k miles on it now will prob have around 36k by march. I want to get my camaro asap. when should i place an order? I bought the G5 new and yes it is paid for, but i want the best deal on my trade in. how am i going to know what my G5 is worth when its time for the actual financing? could i set a price? what do you think the dealerships will do? i have four dealerships i plan on talking to.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #19
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thank You Speedy1975, GREAT information!!!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #20
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Some good info.....but if you want the best deal....don't use the dealer financing, don't use a trade in and most importantly.....arrange financing before you even go to the dealership. You eliminate a lot of stress and headaches by arranging your financing through your own bank or credit bureau. Also....its best if you go alone. If you take someone with you, they will put you in an office and the salesman will keep giving you a little info, leave the room so you will discuss it while they listen in, come back talk a little more, and leave to listen in. This occurs at a lot of dealerships, but not all. If its not possible to go alone, don't discuss anything when the salesman leaves the room. If you need to discuss something, get up and walk out into the showrrom and discuss it where they can't hear you. If you don't believe me, play the game and try saying something like.....man, I'm thirsty....wonder if they have a bottled water or something to drink around here. My bet is the salesman will come back with it for you or ask you if you would like something to drink. My step dad and I like to do this during major holidays when we have family get togethers. We get bored so we go down to a local dealership, pretending to be interested in buying a car. My step dad didn't believe me that they did this. If anyone wants to hear some funny stories I can elaborate.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #21
Mblock66

Drives: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
I posted a "how to" in another thread that you should take a look at. I know all about the system and how to tell you to beat it. I forget the thread though and I am busy at work this AM. See if you can find it, it should help ya
Mblock66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM   #22
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Some good info.....but if you want the best deal....don't use the dealer financing,
Not necessarily. You need to check with your bank to see what rate they offer, then check with the dealer at the time of purchase and go with whomever has the better rate.

I've NEVER had a bank beat a dealer rate and I've bought several new and used cars. Dealers can offer lower rates due to kick backs and promotions from the manufacturer. I've gotten 2.9 - 3.9% rates historically when the best my bank could do was 5.5%.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #23
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Some good info.....but if you want the best deal....don't use the dealer financing, don't use a trade in and most importantly.....arrange financing before you even go to the dealership. You eliminate a lot of stress and headaches by arranging your financing through your own bank or credit bureau. Also....its best if you go alone. If you take someone with you, they will put you in an office and the salesman will keep giving you a little info, leave the room so you will discuss it while they listen in, come back talk a little more, and leave to listen in. This occurs at a lot of dealerships, but not all. If its not possible to go alone, don't discuss anything when the salesman leaves the room. If you need to discuss something, get up and walk out into the showrrom and discuss it where they can't hear you. If you don't believe me, play the game and try saying something like.....man, I'm thirsty....wonder if they have a bottled water or something to drink around here. My bet is the salesman will come back with it for you or ask you if you would like something to drink. My step dad and I like to do this during major holidays when we have family get togethers. We get bored so we go down to a local dealership, pretending to be interested in buying a car. My step dad didn't believe me that they did this. If anyone wants to hear some funny stories I can elaborate.
What does matter if they listen? I was planning on having someone come with me since I am 20 and I don't want them to think I am some stupid kid and try to push me around and cheat me, is that not a good idea?
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #24
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Quote:
What does matter if they listen? I was planning on having someone come with me since I am 20 and I don't want them to think I am some stupid kid and try to push me around and cheat me, is that not a good idea?
Just mind what you say while in the office alone. It has been rumored that there are listening devices in the sales offices that go to the sales manager's office. However, the bigger thing to watch for is the salesman hitting the "intercom" button on the phone or leaving a phone on speaker when they leave the office.

I don't think it's a bad idea to take someone with you. Just as long as they're gonna give you good advice and not get wrapped up on the new car bug.

The bottom line for you is that there wont' be much negotiating so all this is really irrelevant. You've already committed to buying the car for MSRP. Just make sure your deposit of $1K goes toward the purchase and watch out for any clear coat, under coat, warranty mumbo jumbo and you'll be fine. I doubt you'll even get that far on Oct 13. That will come in January when you go to pay for the car.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM   #25
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
i don't go back home from college until the end of december. what are my chances of ordering the camaro i want and still getting it on time?
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #26
69er

Drives: 69 Z/28 , 83 Z/28 (L69), 10 2SS CGM
I just went to see my saleslady to see what new stuff she might have. NOTHING! She did say the guy who does all the ordering might know something new. I wish there was a "Camaro Scotty" at my dealer!

She didn't know about tomorrow's allotments or the latest/final option list. She did say she might be able to sneak me in for the IDL. Everyone, including the entire inventory, is at the fairgrounds doing a "special" sale, so there won't be anyone of importance around the dealership. I'll try to remember as much as I can or take notes.

Since they will be busy at the fairgrounds moving cars back to the lot, she said that I could come down Wednesday to order my car as this wouldn't jeopardize my chances of getting one of the first Camaros that come in. My deposit from last week was good enough. So far, it's just that doctor and me who has put down a deposit, (as far as she knows).
69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Not necessarily. You need to check with your bank to see what rate they offer, then check with the dealer at the time of purchase and go with whomever has the better rate.

I've NEVER had a bank beat a dealer rate and I've bought several new and used cars. Dealers can offer lower rates due to kick backs and promotions from the manufacturer. I've gotten 2.9 - 3.9% rates historically when the best my bank could do was 5.5%.
Yep...banks will match, but will not beat. The only way you can do better with a bank is if they match and then give a percentage back due to automatic withdrawl from the bank account to make payment.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #28
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Banks can be close....the dealer was only going to save me $8/month on my last purchase. The benefit though is you don't have to deal with all the financing crap at the dealership and it means less time you have to spend at the dealership. If you are ready to buy, you can make the deal and be out the door in 2-3 hours. When I bought my Avalanche I was in, made the deal and was driving off on my way to my free dinner in 2-1/2hours. I applied for my Capital One blank check online, they mailed it to me and when I went to the dealership I had control. It was just like having the cash in your pocket. They treat you way better. You eliminate another way for them to juggle numbers and try to slip something in.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Last edited by Txturbo; 10-10-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote