Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 08-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
My 2011 Coming Soon

I have been low key on the Camaro5 forums regarding my soon to be delivered 2011 2LT here in Ottawa, but now must publicly go on the record regarding my dealer experience to date. My dealership is Myer's on Baseline in Ottawa, and my dealer rep is Dave Duchesne.
For about 2 months before I ordered my 2011, Dave always quickly answered all my endless email questions before I even considered a 2010 test drive. On day of test drive (May 18) I ordered a 2011 2LT, Summit White, polished rims, beige leather, auto trans., non RS, non sunroof. In the months that followed I admit I become a pain in the a$$ with additional email questions that Dave always responded to quickly and in detail. Dave has stayed on top of my order. Early last week, Dave informed me my Camaro was produced Tues. Aug. 03, and took 6 hours and 16 mins. to build! Dave informed me he would do all he could to expedite shipping. Friday Aug. 06, Dave emailed me, and then emailed me again with picture of my Camaro, and later that day called me because my Camaro was delivered to the dealership. He was excited my Camaro arrived and wanted to inform me. Today, Saturday Aug. 07, at 1 PM went to see Dave. My Camaro was on the sales floor, locked, with a sign on the dash reading "Do Not Touch" - Sold. Let me tell you I felt special and Myer's has some truly beautiful Camaro's on their lot and my simple white V-6 was parked on the showroom floor next to a truly beautiful modified V-8 Black Camaro. First time I actually saw the beige leather interior package one-on-one and it’s a show stopper. Turned the key and I viewed the HUD. Not something I would have considered but HUD is going to be wonderful for me and the way I drive. And yes, Dave assured me, I can change KPH to MPH, when I vacation in the states.
Monday my Camaro will go through quality control inspection, etc. and we are planning for me to take final delivery this coming Tuesday.
Tuesday, just have to complete final paperwork, I go to my bank and get the full payment cashiers check, hopefully I will have my little V-6 Camaro home in my garage early afternoon Tuesday Aug. 10. I will not draw a full breath of relief until I am driving off the Myer's lot with my Camaro.
Reason for this long post I wanted to let others know in the Ottawa region that if you want to purchase a Camaro I recommend Dave at Myer's. Dave gives excellent service, price is fair when it comes to Canadian pricing. Dave understands new Camaro buyers as we can be difficult to deal with. In my opinion Dave, at Myer’s on Baseline in Ottawa, is the only person you should contact if you are planning on buying a Camaro in the province of Ontario.

abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
That's the same place i got my ride. They are awesome. Best experience ever by a mile. All my future rides if brand new are going to be bought there. Glad you got the same royal treatment i received. Customer service is there top priority there as you found out. Please post pics of your ride when u get it. I have had mine over a year now i still cant believe its still in my garage.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
StevenMarrocco

Drives: INFERNO ORANGE Camaro, 2LT RS.
thats great service!
I remember back in may when i got the email saying my camaro was in the lot, i dont think ive ever been so excited!
Good luck to you! and your new love lol
StevenMarrocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
The Mews family have been at it for decades and are very influential within the GM dealership community. Nice to hear about you experience - thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
abaucom21

Update: Recieved my 2011 Summit White 2LT Camaro Tuesday, Aug 10. Processing the transaction with Myer's was fast and excellent.
Took 2 months, 3 weeks to get the 2011 Camaro I wanted. The wait was worth it.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
HINEY1
TRANS4MR

Drives: Camaro's & Corvette's

Lets see some pics!!!!!!!!

HINEY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
rs-lt-camaro-

Drives: ram
if you dont mind me asking how much was it?
congrats on the new ride
Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
abaucom21

Posted pictures on Summit White forum but here goes, it just a basic Chevy 2LT, non RS, non sunroof, auto trans., polished wheels, beige leather. I am thrilled with the Summit white w/beige leather! Decided not to order the RS as I wanted all season tires so I would not have to change tires during the winter (love the RS lighting but for me not worth the added expense). Decided no sunroof as I like the reverse mohawk roof, typically only drive very short distances (30 mins. total per day, 3-4 days per week). Have had a number convertibles, and other cars with sunroofs, and enjoyed them all. But I now live in Canada, low mileage driver short distance driver, and would not be able to enjoy the open sunroof experience.
Here are pics on day of delivery Tuesday Aug. 10. Friday Aug. 13, I did have 35% tint and bumper only clear bra installed. Cosmetically would have preferred 20% tint, but my night vision is not perfect and Ottawa drivers window side tint law is not clear so decided to play it safe, as winter nights comes early in the great white north. Picture before window tint:

Can not fully capture the beige leather interior but this picture (not mine) should give you an idea:

I want to debadge bowties and script, plus paint rear blackout ASAP. My only hangup is getting the front grill bowtie delete insert, discussed on another thread.

rs-it-camaro: PM me and I can share with you what I paid and pricing considerations only if you agree not to share on the web. As pricing agreement was between me and my sales associate I am not comfortable posting my personal financial info on the web.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
Old 09-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
sarniablue
chics who drive sticks :)

Drives: Rally yellow 2011 LT Camaro
NICE

Now you have to pretty her up on the outside! Wish I would have had the cash to upgrade to the next level... just not there.

I originally was going with the hockey stripes on the hood/trunk, but changed my mind... as there are too many like that....

So decided to be unique, as we are not all the same, so our cars shouldn't be all the same.

Will have to update my pic as the one in my profile doesn't show the tinted windows.

Love my ride, hopefully this will not be my last sports car in a stick..... sooner or later its time to grow up! LOL
sarniablue is offline   Reply With Quote