Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #225
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
This thread is great.

It is really easy to tell who grew up in the age of entitlement and those who did not. For those of you who did, here's some harsh reality:

Just because you can't afford something does not mean it is overpriced.

Just because something is not the way you would do it does not mean it is wrong.

Big companies do not care about you specifically.

The world did not start when you were born.

Nobody owes you anything and you do not deserve anything other than what you earn.

If you work hard you can be rich and buy anything you want... everybody has that opportunity.

Nobody likes a whiner.

The new Z/28 is awesome... absolutely f'n awesome. It will own any car it is tested against and will lift the status of all Camaros.

You are living in performance car nirvana right now. Enjoy it.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #226
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
nope.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #227
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
This thread is great.

It is really easy to tell who grew up in the age of entitlement and those who did not. For those of you who did, here's some harsh reality:

Just because you can't afford something does not mean it is overpriced.

Just because something is not the way you would do it does not mean it is wrong.

Big companies do not care about you specifically.

The world did not start when you were born.

Nobody owes you anything and you do not deserve anything other than what you earn.

If you work hard you can be rich and buy anything you want... everybody has that opportunity.

Nobody likes a whiner.

The new Z/28 is awesome... absolutely f'n awesome. It will own any car it is tested against and will lift the status of all Camaros.

You are living in performance car nirvana right now. Enjoy it.
You sir have my deepest respect...thanks for posting this.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #228
BigV8LS3

Drives: 09 G8 GXP, 99 Silverado,10 Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
No, if you read in between the lines from all these posts, the only way the LS7 was going to be able to be put in a 5th gen, is to price it out of the range of an average buyer so that only lets say 2000/yr would be built. GM needs to meet stringent CAFE standards and the LS7 Camaro drops their ratings considerably. What it did do however is allow GM to build a car that put them on top and build it how they wanted to similar to the original concept of the '67 Z/28 and the bean counters wouldn't have to care. There are quite a few LS7's waiting for a home in a warehouse, and they're not making money sitting there.
Yep. that why it was a wish
09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois maggie 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab, Corsa catback, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR, Pedders supercar coilovers. Show:CTS-V2 rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. Oracle yellow halos. HSV triple gauges.
BigV8LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #229
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's not why the price will be high. Are they removing a few things? Yes but it's peanuts in terms of cost savings. The real cost is in the brakes, engine, rear-end, wheels and tires. It costs money to design, build, acquire and test this stuff.

Please stop thinking this is a stripped down car. The car is going to be expensive and rightfully so.
Ok I understand the parts involved cost money. But my point is the very ppl that asked for this are the ones who won't get a chance to get one. Many of these cars will be purely collectors items. Dust collectors if you will, kind of like the COPO. I wanted a stripped down ls7 camaro. But not at the cost of a Vette. Not that I can't afford one, just that it's not the highest priority on my list to dump 60000+ on a car. And yes I understand not many at all actually go to a track. It's expensive to race, I get that. It's cheap to build a race car though no? Maybe not using the highest quality parts but still affordable. Just not factory warrantied. And as for CAFE, I understand the gov stepped in. I don't know the consequences of not following them if car companies united though. It stand the same if ppl united. If they had the government couldn't do much about anything. That's the problem. No unity. I think the car is an amazing build without a doubt, just a disappointment at the price they're going to ask. That's all.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #230
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Ok I understand the parts involved cost money. But my point is the very ppl that asked for this are the ones who won't get a chance to get one. Many of these cars will be purely collectors items. Dust collectors if you will, kind of like the COPO. I wanted a stripped down ls7 camaro. But not at the cost of a Vette. Not that I can't afford one, just that it's not the highest priority on my list to dump 60000+ on a car. And yes I understand not many at all actually go to a track. It's expensive to race, I get that. It's cheap to build a race car though no? Maybe not using the highest quality parts but still affordable. Just not factory warrantied. And as for CAFE, I understand the gov stepped in. I don't know the consequences of not following them if car companies united though. It stand the same if ppl united. If they had the government couldn't do much about anything. That's the problem. No unity. I think the car is an amazing build without a doubt, just a disappointment at the price they're going to ask. That's all.
To your first point, there are many people who wanted this car, not just those with your beliefs or value system. Who cares what people decide to do with the car once they own it? It's none of my business or yours and it really shouldn't matter. Like others have eluded to, this thread has been great to illuminate the difference in thinking between those of us who grew up before 1985 and those who grew up after then (not saying you are wrong). Even though you are.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #231
G8GTJav

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Not at all. Although, GM could have gone further. Should have announced a R (race/track) & S (sport) version. The S model would be the car GM announced but have optional MyLink. The R model would be a "balls out" version with a/c delete, radio replaced by extra gauges, center console delete, cross bracing in place of rear seat, full-race seats, light-weight door panels with manual windows, light-weight titanium exhaust & true headers. One last thing. If the original was limited to 302 ci for racing, then shouldn't the new one have a super high-revving 302 based off the new LT1 (no crappy DoD of course)?
G8GTJav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #232
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
One would be wise not to over generalize. Hard work does not guarantee wealth, and not everyone has the opportunity to become wealthy. In fact, for most in the U.S., except a very small percentage at the very top, economic success has become more difficult to achieve over the last four decades than it was in the quarter century immediately following WWII.

Regardless, the new Z/28 appears as if it will be what many people on this forum have asked for it to be for quite some time. Accordingly, I believe that those fortunate enough to obtain one will be quite satisfied.

The good news is that people got what they asked for, and the bad news is that people got what they asked for. The fact is that high performance today costs a fair amount of money, and, in fact, relatively more so than it did in the 1960's.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6

Last edited by GoldenBear; 03-28-2013 at 06:22 PM.
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #233
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GTJav View Post
...The R model would be a "balls out" version with a/c delete, radio replaced by extra gauges, center console delete, cross bracing in place of rear seat, full-race seats, light-weight door panels with manual windows, light-weight titanium exhaust & true headers...
Add a roll-cage and you have my PERFECT Z/28...
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #234
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
My son has been waiting for them to bring out a Z/28 since he blew up his 98....
He wants one but does not think he will be able to afford it. He is probably going to try to sell his 2011 2SS/RS if he can get on the list to get a Z/28.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #235
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
How do you know that no one asked for this stuff? Obviously there are people out there that want it or GM wouldn't build it. I don't see why that is so hard for you to comprehend.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #236
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Great car, but not for me.That's why they give you so many packages there something for everyone. So i don't think gm missed the ball they just gave everyone another chioce.
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #237
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
To your first point, there are many people who wanted this car, not just those with your beliefs or value system. Who cares what people decide to do with the car once they own it? It's none of my business or yours and it really shouldn't matter. Like others have eluded to, this thread has been great to illuminate the difference in thinking between those of us who grew up before 1985 and those who grew up after then (not saying you are wrong).
edited for obvious reasons lol

Old 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #238
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
One would be wise not to over generalize. Hard work does not guarantee wealth, and not everyone has the opportunity to become wealthy. In fact, for most in the U.S., except a very small percentage at the very top, economic success has become more difficult to achieve over the last four decades than it was in the quarter century immediately following WWII.

Regardless, the new Z/28 appears as if it will be what many people on this forum have asked for it to be for quite some time. Accordingly, I believe that those fortunate enough to obtain one will be quite satisfied.

The good news is that people got what they asked for, and the bad news is that people got what they asked for. The fact is that high performance today costs a fair amount of money, and, in fact, relatively more so than it did in the 1960's.
Great post!
Six figures is not what it used to be.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote