Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Door weatherstrip wearing out

I searched but I don't know the correct terms so I may be missing it. The weatherstripping along the bottom of my door is getting worn out when I get out of the car. I park in a garage and I have to put my foot there to brace myself when I get out. It seems like it wouldn't tear so easily but has anyone experienced this and found a solution?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
union894

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 8A
I have a 2010 and mine is tearing a little also, I thought about replacing it soon.
union894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
jeremy3721

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Here is a photo of what I'm trying to describe. Seems like it would be a waste of time to replace it until I figure out a way to prevent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
I searched but I don't know the correct terms so I may be missing it. The weatherstripping along the bottom of my door is getting worn out when I get out of the car. I park in a garage and I have to put my foot there to brace myself when I get out. It seems like it wouldn't tear so easily but has anyone experienced this and found a solution?
Very sorry to hear of this concern jeremy3721. Please let me know if I can assist in this matter. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this concern.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Mine wore out quickly. It was replaced under warranty, with many gripes from Chevrolet, and was told they would not replace it again. Now it is wearing out again. Still under warranty, but they have already said no to a replacement. They said it was driver carelessness causing them to wear out. (Apparently it happens a lot) Actually, poor placement by GM.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Only way to prevent your problems, is to figure out a way to keep your feet off of it. None of my cars have had this problem, but then again I lift my feet over the sill area.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Only way to prevent your problems, is to figure out a way to keep your feet off of it. None of my cars have had this problem, but then again I lift my feet over the sill area.
True, but should you have to enter and exit a car in a completely different manner than other cars? Should you have to look out, and have passengers be constantly reminded to : "lift your feet" whenever they ride in your car because of poor thinking by the designers? Seems to me you should be able to use normal entry/exit procedures without having to be worried about how fragile the car is.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
I haven't torn up my molding in over a year of getting in and out with steel toed boots on. My plastic by the door is just fine too. Or maybe my standards are low
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I think someone needs to make a video on "how to properly enter/exit a camaro".
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Mine wore out quickly. It was replaced under warranty, with many gripes from Chevrolet, and was told they would not replace it again. Now it is wearing out again. Still under warranty, but they have already said no to a replacement. They said it was driver carelessness causing them to wear out. (Apparently it happens a lot) Actually, poor placement by GM.
Bonanza7,

Also very sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Feel free to send me a PM at anytime and I'll see what I can do!

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
I think someone needs to make a video on "how to properly enter/exit a camaro".
through the window
Old 06-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Mine is being replaced at the dealer under warranty tomorrow. Only warranty claim I have made on the car so far. Mine is a garage queen also that is not driven at least 4 months a year. Looks to me like a poor material composition in manufacturing.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #13
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Mine looks like I rub it with my shoes when I get in and out, doesn't bother me, was at a show and a lady pointed out to me
Old 06-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
Here is a photo of what I'm trying to describe. Seems like it would be a waste of time to replace it until I figure out a way to prevent it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is exactly how mine looks! and I agree, I dont want to waste my time/money to fix it just for it to happen again