Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Libertypilot

Drives: 2013 Silver Ice Metallic
Paint Shop - Pin Striping

Thinkin' about adding some black pin stripes to my car. Anybody know a good paint shop in the Clinton NJ area?
Libertypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
Hippy
Hotwheels

Drives: Hotwheels Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to Hippy
I know this is old by. Hell
Fantastic plastic is one of the best.. If the original guy still has the place.
Pinstrips

By far Jeff from
http://paintwerksbyjeff.com/
Old school perfect job everytime.. He does a lot of dealers too..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2015, 12:08 PM   #3
Libertypilot

^ Well it's not old enough that I've stopped looking for pin-stripper. Thank you very much for posting this, I appreciate it. I'll certainly check it out...
Old 11-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Bell Signs down the road from me can do it. He's been doing it for years, Hot Rods , Trucks , Vintage, New Age.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Libertypilot

^ I'll look into that too, thanks man!
Old 11-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #6
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Consider vinyl striping. Cheaper, still looks and sticks great, and no custom paint work that can't ever be reversed if you have any second thoughts. Just a thought
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:10 AM   #7
Libertypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Bell Signs down the road from me can do it. He's been doing it for years, Hot Rods , Trucks , Vintage, New Age.
Thanks again, I called Bells and he actually sent me to his buddy Glen over in the industrial park near where rt. 1 and 18 intersect. Do you know anything about that guy? Is he pretty good? The guy at Bell's (never got his name) asked how I heard of him and I said you - so you'll probably get at least a thank you out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadz93 View Post
Consider vinyl striping. Cheaper, still looks and sticks great, and no custom paint work that can't ever be reversed if you have any second thoughts. Just a thought
Vinyl striping? I was going to ask if there was anything I could do that could be reversed, that way I could do it myself. I assume I could just search online for "vinyl pin striping" or "vinyl tape" and of course I will but any additional details and maybe even a link sure would help a brother out. Thank you for the information you provided so far too.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:54 AM   #8
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
Thanks again, I called Bells and he actually sent me to his buddy Glen over in the industrial park near where rt. 1 and 18 intersect. Do you know anything about that guy? Is he pretty good? The guy at Bell's (never got his name) asked how I heard of him and I said you - so you'll probably get at least a thank you out of it.

Vinyl striping? I was going to ask if there was anything I could do that could be reversed, that way I could do it myself. I assume I could just search online for "vinyl pin striping" or "vinyl tape" and of course I will but any additional details and maybe even a link sure would help a brother out. Thank you for the information you provided so far too.

Yes Glen is Awesome been doing it even longer. Old skool Hot Rod pinstriper.

If you want to go vinyl Bell signs does that too. He does the pin striping but he's usually busy with Vinyl so that's probably why he sent you to Glenn.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:18 PM   #9
Libertypilot

Cool, thanks again. I just ordered some 1/4" vinyl tape. I'm going to see what I can do and see if I like the design idea as much on my car as in my head. Then if that's a go, I'll hit up either Jeff or Glen. I already spoke with Jeff, good dude. Anyway, I'll get some tape on the car and be back here for some opinions. Thanks again fellas, I appreciate all the info...
Old 11-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #10
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Good Luck!
Old 11-15-2015, 06:21 PM   #11
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Apologies on not responding sooner, but it seems that you've found where to order it. Definitely try it out with vinyl first. If you like how it comes out, then you could even keep it as is! Vinyl will allow you to really experiment without worrying about not being able to reverse and remove later on. I've worked with 3m's vinyls a lot and have never been disappointed with their quality
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G

Old 11-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #12
Libertypilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Good Luck!
Thanks man, tape arrives today. I'll post some pics...

Quote:
Apologies on not responding sooner, but it seems that you've found where to order it. Definitely try it out with vinyl first. If you like how it comes out, then you could even keep it as is! Vinyl will allow you to really experiment without worrying about not being able to reverse and remove later on. I've worked with 3m's vinyls a lot and have never been disappointed with their quality
No worries on not responding sooner, tape gets here today. Thanks for the info. I never knew you could stick tape to your car and just leave it. I assumed the weather would get to it eventually. I'm also not sure how to get the aggressive lines I'm looking for using tape. I'm not looking to just put a line down the side. I'm also looking for designs on the hood and maybe the rear if I can make it work artistically. I'm looking to do something on the front part of the hood in the corners like what's on the bottom right of this pic:
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #13
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertypilot View Post
Thanks man, tape arrives today. I'll post some pics...

No worries on not responding sooner, tape gets here today. Thanks for the info. I never knew you could stick tape to your car and just leave it. I assumed the weather would get to it eventually. I'm also not sure how to get the aggressive lines I'm looking for using tape. I'm not looking to just put a line down the side. I'm also looking for designs on the hood and maybe the rear if I can make it work artistically. I'm looking to do something on the front part of the hood in the corners like what's on the bottom right of this pic:
With designs like that, it may be easier for a professional to either paint it by hand, or alternatively, take the picture of the design, and then have a machine cut it from a sheet of vinyl and lay it on. Just would have to find someone equipped to do this.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #14
Libertypilot

Quote:
With designs like that, it may be easier for a professional to either paint it by hand, or alternatively, take the picture of the design, and then have a machine cut it from a sheet of vinyl and lay it on. Just would have to find someone equipped to do this.
Yeah, I have all the stuff to do it myself except for the skills. LOL!! Maybe I'll practice just on a blank piece of paper, lay that on my car, and see if I like the design. Actually, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Then if I like it, I'll call an actual pinstriper.

House hunting got in the way of laying the tape this weekend and now, of course by the time I get home from work, it's freekin' dark out. Anyway, I'll post pics once I get the tape on and the design on paper.

Thank you for the replies fellas, they helped me think my way through this and come up with workable ideas. I'll keep you posted via this thread...