Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 PM   #71
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The passenger side turbocharger connector pipe finalized...

The driver side turbocharger connector pipe almost finalized, the wastegate pipe coming together...

Ben mocking it up...

Ben finalizing the driver side pipe...

Buzz...

BUZZ...

A sample of Ben's final welds on the connector pipe...

View from inlet to outlet...

Almost completed...

Finalized...

The turbochargers in place;

With flash to show detail...

Without flash...

Driver side...

Passenger side...

The new subframe crossbar fabricated, with intake passage tubes in place...

Taking shape...

Perfect...

The hot-side intercooler end tank completed...

The intake system coming together. The routing;

Front to rear view...

Rear to front view...

Chris getting the driver-side intake tube together...

The compressor wheel view through the intake tube...

The hot-side charge routing being fabricated...

(look behind the intake tube)

Where it's exiting out the front of the crossmember...

The compressor cover outlets cut off, and ported...

New outlet elbow port matched and ready to be welded on...

Chris welding the elbow up...

Turbocharger intakes and subframe removed so I could get a better shot of the hot-side charge pipes...

The passenger side...

Driver side...

The hot-side end tank of the intercooler nearing completion...

Rear to front view of the turbochargers in place, with downpipes. The dumptubes are completed, but are uninstalled at the moment...

Torque converter dust shield, sides left open for cooling...

And I realized I never did post a picture of the Hendrix Engineering 9.00" rear end installed with the axles;

Nice and clean, like stock...

The aluminum air directors in place, these panels will keep the air movement directed in essential focused locations...

The new radiator support brackets...

Chris fitting the intercooler...

Beautiful...

The modified subframe finalized, it looks OEM...

The car moved out of the fabrication bay back into Crawford's bay for finalization...

The Hendrix Engineering 9.00” housing, axles and driveshaft in place. Once again, I cannot stress enough the quality of these components, the fitment is perfect…

Also, in case anyone is curious as to why we chose to use the factory manifolds instead of tubular manifolds, read below;

This was a topic taken under heavy consideration in the design phases of the build, we made a conscious decision to progress in the direction we chose.

We looked at designing and fabricating tubular turbocharger manifolds (our technicians are obviously proficient to properly complete the task). However, after looking at the path the runners would have to take in order to accommodate the accessories and engine bay constraints, we essentially would have ended up with log-style tubular manifolds. No reason to do so, when we have perfect log-style cast manifolds in place already.

A large portion of our logic was that the factory cast manifolds are proven to be resilient and durable to heat cycles. Structural integrity with turbocharger manifolds is obviously of extreme importance, especially at the EMAP levels that will be present on the 1,200hp setting. Since the target horsepower will easily be achieved with this design, we decided applying the KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) method was the best policy.

Many setups have achieved 7-second passes on the OEM cast manifold turbocharger system design. They will support our power level requirements with ease.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 PM   #72
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
most beautiful thing i have ever seen... more beautiful than my girlfriend...sorry now ex girlfriend.. :(
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #73
76CamaroLT

Drives: 4wheels
Okay..I have to say it again AMAZING!!!
76CamaroLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #74
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Sweet ride...

isn't this the same guy that Tim 'our savior' Tebow walked over, though?

that was an epic collision between two studs but if you watch it again you will see it was much closer to a stalemate than a walk over....but Tebow is a human plow --- but if Berry would have had a running start it would have been a fatal encounter
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #75
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Seriously, everyone else can just give up now. I put a cherry-scented air-freshener, from Pep Boys, in my Denali over the weekend.

l o l

Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:26 PM   #76
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
WOW! That's nice!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 PM   #77
Cruzer1

Drives: 2010 Blk Supercharged 2SS/RS
Simply incredible!

Kooks 1 7/8 LT's & full 3" exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI & painted engine covers, TVS 2300 3.4" pulley, MSD BAP, MBRP square exhaust tips and AEM Boost & A/F gauges, Eibach lowering springs, Eibach front & rear sway bars.
Cruzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #78
Dalefj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
If he wanted the final product to be an auto why didnt he buy an auto instead of a manual?
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #79
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
AMEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Because of the youth and wealth in professional sports we tend to focus on them as examples of what is wrong with our society. Athletes are no different than any other segment in our society. There are freaks and flakes in every profession. I have had the opportunity to work with a number of sports celebrities and superstars. Most of the charitable work they do will never be written about because they CHOOSE to keep it private.

I arranged for a terminally ill 11 year old boy to meet with his hero about 25 years ago. When Coach Ditka met the boy a reporter came over. He asked the reporter to leave. The reporter replied it was great PR and a story would be a tear jerker. Ditka was furious, but controlled. The reporter left. Ditka got on both knees and had a conversation in whispers with the boy. I thanked the Coach for making time. He told me there were no thanks required. Wouldn't anyone take time to help a child in need?

The boy's parent' asked him what he and the coach had talked about. The boy said it was a secret. The coach had his secretary call me and made arrangements for the boy to come to a practice. They gave him a jersey and a ball autographed by the team. There was no press about any of this.

The boy was buried wearing his jersey and with his autographed ball.

My point is that the good most people do is rarely made public. All we hear about are the bad things. It isn't news when we do what we should do. It is news when we don't. Maybe that is the way it should be. I have told very few people about this particular incident. Usually it comes up when people are talking about spoiled professionals in sports. Make no mistake about it, there are losers and jerks in every profession. Just try to remember it is the losers and jerks that make headlines.

regarding the build; Speachless, just too beautiful for words.

regarding your story; The story brought tears to my eyes, evoking feelings of reverence for great human beings with humility, charity and kindness in their heart. I am humbled to be in a forum with such good people, I know there are great people out there. I feel these feelings usually for veterans of war, active duty personel, EMTs, firemen and police officers. I have seen men and women put themselves in danger or even make the greatest sacrafice for the wellbeing and immediate saftey of others. Thank you for bringing a clear perspective with honesty and sensitivity. Truely I am greatful and humbled.

Last edited by Z28RockStar; 08-31-2010 at 02:36 AM.
Z28RockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #80
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
holy bawls those welds are beautiful
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #81
catmaster1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
The only thing that would make this build better is if there were some pictures...ha ha! Great fab work, and keep us posted with lots more pictures and eventually some videos!!! Great work guys, im pretty sure my heart stopped a few times looking through these pics
catmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #82
Shadow II
Apr

Drives: 2LT RS; AIRAID CAI; Magnaflow
I'm gonna need new panties
Old 08-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #83
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
The fabrication detail is amazing, very, very nice clean look!!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #84
Styffydawg
SSinister

Drives: Ram SS/T + Murdered Out 2SS/RS
Wonder how long it will be till NSI blows this camaro up on the dyno.

SSinister
Styffydawg is offline   Reply With Quote