Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Jbakovich

Drives: 2011 Black LS
Show and go plate

thoughts on it? i want electric one so if i get pulled over i pop it up.I dont wanna scrape it though. and any sites with a good price. thanks
Jbakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
I did one on my car. I think I paid $120 for the motorized one. Actually just looked it up on amazon.com. $118 prior to S/H. I like it. When the plate is up the bracket barely extends below the bumper, it's thin (but sturdy). When the plate is stored below the car it is about 1/2" or so thick, so you may have clearance issues with some parking areas if you aren't careful.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Jbakovich

Drives: 2011 Black LS
so would you recommend buying it?
Jbakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Depends on your situation I guess. If you have the money to blow, and have a need for the unit then absolutlely.

Mine works like a champ and I hide the front plate when I show the car so i love it.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT

I Positioned my stow and show or what ever...so that the motor that sticks up is in the relief in the front under part of the front end so it could be just screwed to the front ends plastic and not have to be spaced out with some plumbers pipe strap it comes with for people if you have a splitter etc..... I park well back of most curbs, but have ran up on them a few times and it has not been damaged...I also park on a small hill and have heard scraping pulling out....and it has not been damaged and works fine......BUT someday I imagine it getting munched..and then I think I could straighten the track....And I just wired it to the red positive battery terminal by my CAI...easy breesey...........
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #6
SoCal Swagger

Drives: RS
I went manual found it for like 40$ on amazon. It works but feels rather cheaply made but it works
SoCal Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote