Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #15
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
You aren't drunk posting again, are you?
not this time

but I did get her a ring:

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:49 AM   #16
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Did you ever think that maybe we're all the crazy ones and the neighbors are the sane one?

I've washed mine in the rain already. You should see the reaction that brings. Lol
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #17
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
before you guys start going out spending all that (detail supply) money on your sweetie for a ring, talk to some of us who've been married for a while.

we can probably give you a few reasons not too.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #18
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post
before you guys start going out spending all that (detail supply) money on your sweetie for a ring, talk to some of us who've been married for a while.

Haha yeah. Don't think marriage is for me, I'm more of a "variety is the spice of life" type of guy.

I mean you guys have seen the trouble I have making a commitment even to an LSP.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Haha yeah. Don't think marriage is for me, I'm more of a "variety is the spice of life" type of guy.

I mean you guys have seen the trouble I have making a commitment even to an LSP.
maybe that's why you've "woken up next to way worse" than blow up dolls

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
maybe that's why you've "woken up next to way worse" than blow up dolls
You take the bad with the good. Woken up next to way better too
Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
I usually get this remark from family members: "That thing is shinier than when it was brand new!"

My response: "That's the point."

My father came by yesterda while I was cleaning the engine bay. "Dang son you clean the engine too? Why?"

They just don't get it.

Unfortunately, while detailing yesterday, the canopy I've been using had an arm break and fall on the roof of my car. I now have a nice 3 inch scratch on my roof that I can see the primer in. Hopefully my Langka kit gets here this week and I can see if I can fix it myself to where it's not an eyesore. If not, off to the paint booth
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #22
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
A Clean Camaro is a Happy Camaro
Sometimes a happy camaro likes to get a little dirty tho!
steveo9043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I just get weird looks from my neighbors when they see my use the leafblower to help dry off my car. Had one person stop by and ask about my foam gun though
Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #24
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
And then complain about how little a dealer is willing to give them if they go to trade it in.
We had a guy here at work that has a car that has not been washed in 10 years. YES 10 years. Unless it rains on it, it gets 0 cleanings.

The car is white, but it looks almost silver it is so filthy. The sad thing is, he is basically proud of the fact that he never washed it.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
I'm up at 5am on Saturday or Sunday mornings to wash the car. By 7am all bets are off and the master blaster in doing its job. By 8:30am car is cleaned and ready to go.
Respect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
After over 2 & 1/2 years of dating, my gf told me that she knew what a swirl was
That is impressive, to say the least
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #26
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ2SS View Post
Haha OP that's fantastic. I think the same thing when I watch my neighbors wash their cars as well. As others have said, we certainly are a different breed.

I think I am starting to rub off a little on my gf. We were at a car show recently and she says "wow, a lot of these other cars have a bunch of swirls in the paint" I almost dropped to a knee and proposed right there lol
She's a keeper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSSDiver View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
So I get up way too early so I can wash my car before the sun hits my driveway.

About the time I get finished, the guy across the street starts to wash his big old white pick-up. In the sun, using one of those brushes on a broomstick. He isn't even using soap, just scrubbing the truck with a brush and water. Then he dries it with a beach towel.

I had to whisper to my car "Don't worry baby, that will never happen to you."

Then my next door neighbor comes over and gives me the usual "Your gonna wash the paint right off that car." Then he drives off in his little crappy, beat up Ford Focus.

I guess some people will never get it.
My neighbor just yelled this out of his beat up Ford the other day! I just smirk and continue to clean my baby. My other neighbor also washes his truck with a brush and water as well. I cringe every time I see him out there.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #27
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Junkman has that El Camino he doesn't give a crap about. Well, I have a 2007 Silverado I think I washed once, but honestly I can't remember. It still has the schematics for an office I built laid into the dirt on the hood from 2 years ago where me and the other guy layed it out with our fingers.

My car on the other hand, got it last July 11, my buddy rode in it for the first time last week and said it still had the new car smell, then someone, in my car group, looked under the hood and was amazed that I had 10,000 miles, it's a daily driver, and I drive it in the rain and yet the engine was that clean, finally every time I do show up for a meet there is always a comment about how I'm making someone else look bad for not shining their car.

So on the one hand, I get it, on the other hand my truck is my truck and I'm not taking time away from my Camaro to clean that thing.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #28
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
While washing car: That's a lot of bottles you got there...I just use Dawn soap, works just as good...hee har hee"

While Polishing/waxing: "Man you're going to rub the paint right off that thing.. err hur hur"

Detailing engine bay: Wow, only time I even open my hood is to check the oil...derp herp dee derp"

Drying car: "I think you missed a spot...har har dee har"

When doing full detail: Man you're still at it? Takes me like 5 minutes...bwah derpty doo!"

(and yes, they all laugh like goofy cartoon characters)
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote