Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Cyber Gray......Videos Videos!!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #58
butterfingers

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT/RS
I just ordered mine from Jordan at JDP Motorsports and should be arriving this Tuesday. I will post a clean before video or Start / Idol / Cabin / Take off / Drive by and then an after of all 5.
I'm very excited and can't wait.
Thanks Jordan and the guys at JDP Motorsports .. you rock!!
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #59
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Cool! Man I love driving my car with the sunroof open and the windows downs just to listen to the sound
Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #60
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
Looking for some opinions...and exhaust expertise

Will the Magnaflows axle back, Flowmasters axle back or LS3 Stock mufflers swap on the V6, all provide about the same performance gains over the stock V6 mufflers? I know the LS3 mufflers are a straight thru design... I put the LS3's on about 2 months back. I like the sound of the magnaflows but unclear they will give me any more HP than getting from the LS3 swap. Anyone dyno car after swapping on the LS3's?

thanks
J
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #61
KFH
1SS Victory Red Manual

Drives: 2010 1SS 6 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
I just ordered mine from Jordan at JDP Motorsports and should be arriving this Tuesday. I will post a clean before video or Start / Idol / Cabin / Take off / Drive by and then an after of all 5.
Looking forward to seeing and hearing your videos.
I want to install the catback system as soon as spring arrives.
Has anyone done their own install using ramps or stands?

1st Camaro - 77 Type LT Rally Sport, 3 Speed Manual, Inline 6 2nd - 94 Z28, 6 Speed Manual LT1 V8
3rd - 2010 1LT, 6 Speed Manual LLT V6 4th - 2010 1SS, 6 Speed Manual LS3 V8, RX Catch Can, Holley iNTECH CAI, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust
KFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I found this the other day:

Guy says in the comments it was just 650 installed, but doesn't know really what they installed, just that its a magnaflow. Didn't know the part numbers. I'm thinking its the axle-back camaro kit since it sounds similar to the axle-back video I posted on my sticky page. At least that is what I'm hoping, (rather than it being some other random magnaflow mufflers used) b/c I think it sounds wonderful.

How would you guys compare this to your cat-backs as far as sound goes?
Old 02-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #63
FISHTAIL

Catbacks sound deeper
Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #64
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Hey Fishtail! This sound is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm so glad I found this thread!

I apologize in advance for these questions, I'm not well-versed in "car talk" but I'm learning!

1) What do you mean by "drone"? Is it a humming sound? A vibration?
2) What do you mean when you talk about a "load" and how does it affect the sound/performance?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #65
bucky1399
bucky1399

Drives: 1LT, '99 Chevy ZR2
Anyone get any new video going yet?
bucky1399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #66
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
No problem!!!! We appreciate your business and support!!! Have a good one and I'll talk to you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faninc View Post
Looking for some opinions...and exhaust expertise

Will the Magnaflows axle back, Flowmasters axle back or LS3 Stock mufflers swap on the V6, all provide about the same performance gains over the stock V6 mufflers? I know the LS3 mufflers are a straight thru design... I put the LS3's on about 2 months back. I like the sound of the magnaflows but unclear they will give me any more HP than getting from the LS3 swap. Anyone dyno car after swapping on the LS3's?

thanks
J
The LS3 mufflers and Magnaflow axle-backs would probably be pretty close in terms of performance gains over the stock LLT mufflers. The FM would be very similar to the stock LLT mufflers, I'm not a fan of chambered exhaust. I ran FM in the past and never will again. So far as axle-backs go you're going to be limited by the 2.25" tubing before the axle-back so the advantage to the Magnaflow over the OEM LS3 mufflers is looks and the Magnaflow sounds better IMHO. The cat-back is the way to go if you're looking for performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Catbacks sound deeper
That is correct, a lot of it is the resonated x-pipe and going from 2.25" tubing to 2.5" on the cat-back.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime. We appreciate the support and have a great day!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #67
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHTAIL View Post
Guys I paid $800 with shipping for the Magnaflows stainless steel catbacks and the rasp is 100% gone and I was left with a nice deep tone. Have not dyno the car but it does have more torque and HP that you can feel. The quality and craftsmanship is second to none with a lifetime warranty. IMO is the best bang for you buck, It’s the best money spent next to the purchase of my Camaro. "If you try to save a little now you'll pay twice later". (Words of wisdom from gramps. RIP)
Sounds great!

You paid just $800 for the Street Series Cat-Back System which is listed at $1226? Nice deal.

I love the sound, but $1226 is a little steep for me now.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #68
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
FISHTAIL, any new sound clips???

I'm leaning towards buying this setup soon.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:48 PM   #69
FISHTAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamaro View Post
Hey Fishtail! This sound is exactly what I'm looking for! I'm so glad I found this thread!

I apologize in advance for these questions, I'm not well-versed in "car talk" but I'm learning!

1) What do you mean by "drone"? Is it a humming sound? A vibration?
2) What do you mean when you talk about a "load" and how does it affect the sound/performance?

Thanks in advance!
The drone is a humming sound coming from some exhaust systems that can bother your ears after a while, but is mild and it only happens at around 70 mph or 2K RPMs not before or above that. However I found that the Airaid CAI although not proven to make any real HP that can be measured so far, has however improved on the drone quite a bit so it's not really an issue.

Load is the weight of your Camaro when is being pushed by the engine on take off and it will make the exhaust sound different than just revving the engine while the car is stopped. It would usually sound louder and deeper under load.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #70
Pamaro
Litho recipient #191

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM w/white hockey & hoods
Thanks for the info, Fishtail!