Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #71
TRENZMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz28zzz View Post
What happens if the paperwork does not match if they get audited by GM?
Cause I could see them doing this and then I would have to call GM and
tattle tale....lol
I dont know what actually happens, i think GM fines the dealership, but I wouldnt know. We make sure all of ours are done the right way, being that we are a corporate owned dealership, not like the Bill He*rds and La*dsharks of the industry.Just make sure that if you get GMS they put the selling price on the GMS papers you have to sign and that it matches the Buyers order.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #72
jmoser

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
We are honoring the GMS and the GM Supplier price on ordered Camaros only.

Jason Moser
Sands Chevrolet
Commercial Fleet Internet Department
Glendale, AZ
Direct 623-463-2950
Email jmoser@sandschevrolet.com
Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #73
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoser View Post
We are honoring the GMS and the GM Supplier price on ordered Camaros only.

Jason Moser
Sands Chevrolet
Commercial Fleet Internet Department
Glendale, AZ
Direct 623-463-2950
In Arizona? Wow. So many of the "my dealer's over-charging" threads are full of complaints about Arizona dealers that I'm surprised there's actually someone offering a good deal.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 04-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #74
perfxn

Drives: 2SS RS
quick question, if my dealer knows i qualify for gm student discount or credit union discount and the dealer doesnt give it to me, the dealer can send in the paper work and recieve some rebate AND KEEP THE MONEY?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #75
TRENZMAN

YES! Lets say the dealership doesnt tell you about a 500 rebate. then they submit the papers and get paid the 500(they made an extra 500). If they give you the 500 rebate then they get reimbursed the money from gm. Its always a good idea to check out the rebates and incentive before you go to the dealership. Just remember that not all deals go together, GM has stipulations on alot of things like rate or rebate but not both, but if you go thru your cu you can get the rate and the rebate.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #76
perfxn

thanks, so for sure they get reimbursed for the credit union and student discount?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #77
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
words from a local GM ordering manager... (when asked about being added to the the "dealers that honor discounts" list)

"

No,

Not because we wouldn't want to participate, but because we do not think it will actually be possible to get a Camaro to qualify.

"It is only an educated guess, but here is what I expect will happen:

1. GM will probably revise the program again at the end of the month.
2. When GM makes the revision they will add the Camaro to the list of excluded vehicles.
3. Only at that time will GM 'officially' release the Camaros to dealers. They'll do that by taking the invoices off 'bayed' status, and that's when dealers can begin 'selling' them.
4. Only after the vehicle invoices are released for Sale, will a dealer be able to try to obtain the required 9-digit code for selling it under the College Discount program, and when he tries, he will find out the vehicle will not qualify.

So, in essence, once a dealer is finally able to 'sell' a Camaro, the Camaro will no longer be eligible for the program.

The end result is that a dealer will probably not be able to actually sell a buyer a Camaro using that program, and those dealers who do commit themselves to doing so will be in a pickle."
Old 04-22-2009, 03:23 PM   #78
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
GM Card website says $1000 of my earnings are good. but i can't use it with GMS. would rather use GMS, but dealer says its not available.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
Old 04-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #79
TRENZMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfxn View Post
thanks, so for sure they get reimbursed for the credit union and student discount?
If its available and they do not give it to you ,then yes. Credit Union discount is available now but the student disc. is not. But that may change at the end of the month.....Cross your fingers.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #80
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENZMAN View Post
HOW ABOUT WAITING TO SEE IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO HAVE ANY DISCOUNTS ON THE CAMARO BEFORE YOU TRY TO GREASE OTHER DEALERSHIPS. SCOTTY IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE BUISNESS AS LONG AS YOU SAY THEN YOU KNOW THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DISCOUNTS, REBATES, CUSTOMER LOYATLY, LEASES, SMART BUYS ETC.****** I WILL GIVE ANY REBATE THAT GM HAS AVAILABLE, BUT WE ALL KNOW THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN ON THIS VEHICLE.*******
bad move GM
Old 04-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #81
TRENZMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
GM Card website says $1000 of my earnings are good. but i can't use it with GMS. would rather use GMS, but dealer says its not available.
They can sell you at GMS but the dealer wont get their money back on it. Thats probably why alot wont do it because they will loose money. Some dealers dont give a fffff...they just want car deals.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #82
perfxn

just talked to my dealer kurt warner in vancouver,WA. he said they wont do the credit union discount because they don get FULLY reimbursed. is this true?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #83
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENZMAN View Post
YES! Lets say the dealership doesnt tell you about a 500 rebate. then they submit the papers and get paid the 500(they made an extra 500). If they give you the 500 rebate then they get reimbursed the money from gm. Its always a good idea to check out the rebates and incentive before you go to the dealership. Just remember that not all deals go together, GM has stipulations on alot of things like rate or rebate but not both, but if you go thru your cu you can get the rate and the rebate.
Sorry, if I missed a thread or post - which specific dealership are you at?
Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #84
jmoser

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
In Arizona? Wow. So many of the "my dealer's over-charging" threads are full of complaints about Arizona dealers that I'm surprised there's actually someone offering a good deal.
There are for sure more than a few AZ dealers that are charging more than MSRP and not doing the GM Discounts. We will see how long it takes them to turn around.
Glendale, AZ
Direct 623-463-2950

Closed Thread