Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #99
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Dealers,

Take your personal remarks regarding eachother to PM's. The next time any dealer has a public disagrement on this Site, infractions will follow. Regardless of topic.

You've been notified.

If you all want special treatment, then here you go. You will be held to a higher standard here as you are professionals in the automotive industry and we expect you to be above petty disagreements.

Sincerely,

Chris
Old 04-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #100
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
so can we (you) just delete all the posts except for the ones that contain a dealer saying that he will honor the discounts?

fishing though all the arguing will deem this thread useless.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #101
CajunCamaro

Drives: x
Houston TX Discounts

I received a response back from Chevrolet with the following information.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and your interest in the 2010 Camaro. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

To order the all-new Camaro, please contact your dealer. The GM Supplier Discount pricing will be available on the 2010 Camaro at the start of production. The current GM Supplier Discount Program runs from April 1, 2009 through September 30, 2009. Program dates are subject to change at any time. Incentive eligibility is based on a number of factors including program dates, credit approval, and geographical residency. Please check with your dealer for further details.
I Spoke with Lone Star Chevrolet and they said they are not honoring the discount as they do not need to in order to sell the Camaros. Actually they are selling them at a minimum $2000 above MSRP. This is out of the mouth of their manager (I heard him in the background), and relayed to me via phone conversation.

Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land TX is honoring the GM Supplier Discount with the Authorization Code (duh). They are also not selling ANY Camaros above MSRP as they find this is a poor practice. I am heading to Classic this weekend to place my order. In my opinion, with Car Sales slumping, why turn away customers because you are not going to make as much on a sale. There is still a profit being made...guess that is why so many dealers are hurting even if Lone Star is not...

- CajunCamaro
Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #102
Pdogg985

Drives: 2G1FK1EJ1A9102175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
so can we (you) just delete all the posts except for the ones that contain a dealer saying that he will honor the discounts?

+1
Old 04-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #103
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post

No,

Some threads may warrant that kind of moderation, not this one. If our members can't be mature, honest and polite, then the thread just goes away.

Again, My feeling is we as a consumer need to stop relying on sales people to provide us what we need to know when buying a car. Take what they say here with a grain of salt and go do the research on your own. And find a dealer that will play by your rules. If it's a dealer that posts here then great. If not, then Great also.

This stuff changes with the wind. So, how reliable would a thread like this be? In my opinion the only thing we need to know is are any discounts, rebates, specials or incentives available on the Camaro. Arm yourself with that information and hold a dealer accountable. If they don't want to play ball go somewhere else.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM   #104
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Supplier Pricing

I have a question that might have been answered before in this thread or another but if so I missed it. A few post back someone states that the Supplier Discount is good thur the end of Sept. Is that true? If it is and I am about to place my order does that mean if my car comes in after Sept. I won't get the discount?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #105
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
I have a question that might have been answered before in this thread or another but if so I missed it. A few post back someone states that the Supplier Discount is good thur the end of Sept. Is that true? If it is and I am about to place my order does that mean if my car comes in after Sept. I won't get the discount?
Whenever there is any discount the vehicle must be bought (must take delivery by "XXX") within the specified time frame of the discount if one exists. Not all discounts have a time frame attached- supplier doesn't as far as I know.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #106
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
CamaroScotty or anyone else,
Can someone clarify if there is a time frame on the Supplier Discount program for the Camaro?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #107
CajunCamaro

Drives: x
Ordering

Question,

If I ordered a car this weekend, how long should I expect for delivery?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #108
TRENZMAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Whenever there is any discount the vehicle must be bought (must take delivery by "XXX") within the specified time frame of the discount if one exists. Not all discounts have a time frame attached- supplier doesn't as far as I know.
You are Exactly right. Supplier programs and GMS run all the time but regular rebates dont. They are available at the time you sign the contract. If its a 1000.00 today and you buy tomorrow and it changes to 1.00 then oops! , and vice versa. I know some dealers will back date it but thats also against GM's rules.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:09 AM   #109
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENZMAN View Post
I'm the inventory manager for Champion Chevrolet on 45(autonation), not the hwy 6 store. BTW we DO honor all GM programs! But right now I do not have any Camaro SS available unless someone backs out or you want a 1lt or 2lt.---------Scotty I dont have any to sell right now, all 27 have deposits on them but here is my info anyway.

Champion Chevrolet /Mitsubishi
13800 gulf freeway
Houston ,Texas 77034
281-481-6680

And as I said before.........We offer all discounts and rebates....whatever is available.
love you!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #110
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I feel like there are a lot of bogus dealers out here in MA. My dealer emailed me this morning basically telling me he is not going to order my car until I finance through his banks.

I don't want to hit up my credit union for a pre-approval that will expire before my car is delivered, but there is no issue with my financing as he ran my credit at the dealership.

I gave him $1,000 deposit, and filled out a purchase agreement. However, he will not order my car.

The other dealers in the area are charging 2500 for a deposit (non refundable) and definitely do NOT accept any discounts. I feel like I'm running out of options here.
sounds like extortion. call the licensing agency in your state for auto dealers and banks and see what their opinion is. also, let your local news media know about it and drop a note to your local district attorney. could be grounds for a RICO action under the organized crime statutes.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #111
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Dugan Chevrolet in Avon, IN.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #112
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
No,

Some threads may warrant that kind of moderation, not this one. If our members can't be mature, honest and polite, then the thread just goes away.

Again, My feeling is we as a consumer need to stop relying on sales people to provide us what we need to know when buying a car. Take what they say here with a grain of salt and go do the research on your own. And find a dealer that will play by your rules. If it's a dealer that posts here then great. If not, then Great also.

This stuff changes with the wind. So, how reliable would a thread like this be? In my opinion the only thing we need to know is are any discounts, rebates, specials or incentives available on the Camaro. Arm yourself with that information and hold a dealer accountable. If they don't want to play ball go somewhere else.
what he said!

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!

Closed Thread