Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Vindictive2SS

Drives: 2012 Cyber Grey 2SS 6 Speed AT
Exclamation Apex Motorsports **WARNING**

Not sure if this company is still in business or what is going on. I placed an order 4 days ago and have yet to receive a confirmation, receipt or anything from them at all. I have tried calling for 3 days with no response. Left a voice mail on their machine and still no response. Sent them an email through their websites contact us page and still no response. However, they were gracious enough to take my money through the online order.

I have already contacted my bank and discussed my options and I am giving them 3 more days until they move forward. Hopefully this is a mistake and they will contact me soon to resolve it but I can say for my first experience, it is not going well.

I know plenty of you have had received better service from them in the past and I may catch heat for this thread but I make it as a warning for anyone else who might try and purchase something from them until this is all cleared up. If anyone from the company wants to contact me here they can or if anyone near the shop wants to confirm they are closed that would be helpful.

Modifications:
Throttle controller
Port and polished throttle body
21st CMC custom dyno tune
Stoptech slotted rotors and Hawk pads
Long tube stainless works headers with high flow cats
Borla "ATAK" catback exhaust
CAI cold air intake
Yank Billet custom 3000 stall torque converter Custom transmission Cooler
Old 01-14-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
They are one of the top vendors here I'm sure it will get cleared up.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Old 01-14-2016, 10:54 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
They are a top vendor. Depending on what you've ordered, they may have to contact the original supplier first.

-Don
Old 01-14-2016, 11:45 PM   #5
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I ordered the air scoop CAI & Rotofab relocate washer bottle. The supplier sent me the wrong bottle. Apex sent me a UPS stick via e-mail. I sent it back and the right one is on its way. Victoria sent me the tracking number as soo as it was shipped. Great people to deal with & I will again.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #6
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
4 days and your already getting your bank involved? You need to remember that since winter is here they will be very busy since a lot of people are modding their vehicles for when spring time comes. Ive ordered from them a couple of times and they are a pleasure to do business with.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
Old 01-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Spoke to Vindictive at 10:30PM last night and the matter is resolved.

I do want to take a moment to again address a common remark in many of these vendor review threads that is based in an outdated perception. There is often some version of "they had no problem taking my money" or "they should not have taken my money if". Secure credit card processing means there is no human in the loop. When you enter your payment information you are entering it directly into the credit card processor via an encrypted connection. When you click the "Submit Order" button you are running your card right. You send your payment, the vendor did not take it or ever even see the credit card information.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:10 PM   #8
Vindictive2SS

Drives: 2012 Cyber Grey 2SS 6 Speed AT
Let me clarify a few things. Had I not known about their good reputation to begin with I would have never ordered anything from them. I also stated that I know I may catch heat for posting but I was looking for answers and got them. If you cant see how spending money with a company you have no relationship with and after spending 3 days trying to contact them with no success would be alarming then I don't know what to tell you. I gave them every chance to contact me and tried every forum I could to reach them and ultimately did through Facebook.

Also, I know this type of experience is not typical of them which is another reason for alarm and if I am not mistaken post like this are exactly what this section of the forums are for. Your experience may differ and that is fine. Now that I have been contacted and assured my product is on the way, (which is all I wanted to begin with) I will most likely continue to order from them in the future.

Modifications:
Throttle controller
Port and polished throttle body
21st CMC custom dyno tune
Stoptech slotted rotors and Hawk pads
Long tube stainless works headers with high flow cats
Borla "ATAK" catback exhaust
CAI cold air intake
Yank Billet custom 3000 stall torque converter Custom transmission Cooler
Old 01-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindictive2SS View Post
Let me clarify a few things. Had I not known about their good reputation to begin with I would have never ordered anything from them. I also stated that I know I may catch heat for posting but I was looking for answers and got them. If you cant see how spending money with a company you have no relationship with and after spending 3 days trying to contact them with no success would be alarming then I don't know what to tell you. I gave them every chance to contact me and tried every forum I could to reach them and ultimately did through Facebook.

Also, I know this type of experience is not typical of them which is another reason for alarm and if I am not mistaken post like this are exactly what this section of the forums are for. Your experience may differ and that is fine. Now that I have been contacted and assured my product is on the way, (which is all I wanted to begin with) I will most likely continue to order from them in the future.
From what ive seen chase seems very imformative and helpful. I may have waited a while longer to hear from him before posting. But i get the reason you did what you did. Glad he called you to get things right.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #10
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Not sure what the word "WARNING" is referring to. Better way to phrase the title would be "question about APEX" or "concerned about order". Your title makes people think this very reputible company has ripped you off. I understand your concern, I'd be worried too, but it's borderline mudslinging.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:06 PM   #11
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Spoke to Vindictive at 10:30PM last night and the matter is resolved.

I do want to take a moment to again address a common remark in many of these vendor review threads that is based in an outdated perception. There is often some version of "they had no problem taking my money" or "they should not have taken my money if". Secure credit card processing means there is no human in the loop. When you enter your payment information you are entering it directly into the credit card processor via an encrypted connection. When you click the "Submit Order" button you are running your card right. You send your payment, the vendor did not take it or ever even see the credit card information.
People need to understand smaller businesses do not have same resources and/or PoS systems like the giant companies. I do not agree with the practice of pulling funds for drop ship items that are back-ordered, but many small and large local brick and mortar stores will require payment in advance for special order items. It is what it is... Would be great if everyone processes orders like Amazon or Summit and use authorization holds, but unrealistic. Keep up the good customer support and you'll get my repeat business.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:54 PM   #12
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
I have ordered several items from Apex Motorsports and their service has been outstanding!

Closed Thread