Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #1
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Holley valve covers & Kenne Bell blower clearance

Has anyone ever tried the Holley valve covers on a Kenne Bell build? Here's a link to them: https://www.holley.com/products/acce...s/parts/241-88
They are pretty nice and allow the coils to be mounted right to the valve cover and get rid of the stock bracket. It seems they also lower the coils a bit....which is important for me.

The rear air intake configuration of the Kenne Bell forces the relocation of the passenger side coils lower to clear the KB intake horn (using a bracket supplied with the KB kit). However I now added headers and the KB bracket puts the coils very close to the headers. I'm worried about cooking my coils down there (likely not an issue, but I'd rather not have them so close to the headers).

I'm wondering if the coils mounted to these Holley valve covers will clear the KB intake?

I know there aren't many of us here on Camaro5 with Kenne Bells. Not sure if I'll find someone who has actually tried this combo. But thought I'd ask...
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 03:45 AM   #2
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I've been running my 2.8lc since early 2011 and coil packs are still working well. Using ARH 1-7/8" uncoated LTs with msd wires with 26k miles on the car. Seems like your mods list is the same as the rest of the early adopters like me. In my opinion, it's not worth the effort to find valve covers that fit with coils on top.

There are kits that relocate all the coils centrally and allows a more classical small block dressed wire look. I've looked but don't want to sink anymore money into the engine/bay. Whatever cover you find, you'll probably need to relocate the coils somewhere. Drivers side under the mammoth is too cramped.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote