Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #15
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
My friend who is an engineer and a member on here and I have been talking to elite on what the correct setup should be. Well post a diagram by the end of day today once I have it 100% confirmed by elite

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Any update?
Old 05-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #16
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Any word on how to properly run an elite catch can for our boosted setups?
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #17
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Last post in the FAQ thread.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #18
CamaroSS sleeper

Drives: Sleeper_NOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprojectile View Post
See. How i had it setup before i got it tuned wasnt much different than it is now. All i had different was i had the 2 capped ends connected. I had a line going from the CC to the intake manifold but my tuner said it was causing some type of pressure issue which was causing to fuel to drop at ideal. As soon as he cut the line and capped the intake manifold, the issue went away.

But i am considering doing what JantzenOKC did to his setup. Which I will post a picture of the diagram he drew me lol.

Which he added a barb fitting to each of his turbos. Thats where that T end in his diagram is running to. Those barbs he added. And then the clean side is line is connected to 1 of the turbo air filters.

This is close,

The clean side separator must be as far away from the suction of the turbos. but clean filtered air. (NOT ON THE PRESSURE SIDE ETHER)

Dirty side, you may want to vent from as many ports as possible.
not too familiar with the V6 but the V8 has 2. Driver's Valve cover and Crank Valley. "Y" to the middle port of the Catch can.
use proper size lines for HP rating. i.e. 3/8=up to 700 1/2=1000+ etc.

third catch can port, as previously stated above, this goes to intake vacuum with a check valve.

look at post #5 by Elite.
that's the correct method. It doesn't matter what Turbo you have.
just rout the lines as the description states for your setup and you'll be set.
CamaroSS sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #19
Aprojectile

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS sleeper View Post
This is close,

The clean side separator must be as far away from the suction of the turbos. but clean filtered air. (NOT ON THE PRESSURE SIDE ETHER)

Dirty side, you may want to vent from as many ports as possible.
not too familiar with the V6 but the V8 has 2. Driver's Valve cover and Crank Valley. "Y" to the middle port of the Catch can.
use proper size lines for HP rating. i.e. 3/8=up to 700 1/2=1000+ etc.

third catch can port, as previously stated above, this goes to intake vacuum with a check valve.

look at post #5 by Elite.
that's the correct method. It doesn't matter what Turbo you have.
just rout the lines as the description states for your setup and you'll be set.
See I was going to copy this setup but I was going to add a check vale onto both the out ports of the catch can lines. 1 for the intake manifold and 1 for the turbo lines.
Aprojectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM   #20
CamaroSS sleeper

Drives: Sleeper_NOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprojectile View Post
See I was going to copy this setup but I was going to add a check vale onto both the out ports of the catch can lines. 1 for the intake manifold and 1 for the turbo lines.
Yup,

Check Valves on both out lines...
the diagram on post 5 shows the check valves spliced in between the lines with a RED arrow pointing the direction the air should be free to flow.

CamaroSS sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:00 AM   #21
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Noticed yesterday that the line from my catch can (Elite 2 ) to the drivers side was off, hooked it back up and blew off within 2 minutes, pressure build up (I have left it off for now).
Looked hard at the way the can is currently set up (looking from front bumper to back of car):
Center fitting hose line runs to r/s of intake (check valve)
Left fitting hose line runs to IPF S/C air intake
Right fitting hose line runs to l/s of intake
There is a plugged fitting (silver ,removable) in middle of intake

Read the Elite instructions and the can isn't set up that way at this moment
pretty sure I have an issue here
Will be installing clean side oil separator (finally) this week

Last edited by bleavens1962; 07-10-2016 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Updated
bleavens1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #22
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Has to be something wrong....it is impossible if pulling vacuum to build any pressure. Email our tech direct at: Tech@eliteengineeringUSA.com to go over all of your routing. The 2 outer fittings must have the Elite billet checkvalves flowing AWAY from the can. The intake manifold vacuum would pull suction on the crankcase. Also, you did do the drill mod on the PCV fixed orifice barb, correct?
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:04 AM   #23
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
"Noticed yesterday that the line from my catch can (Elite 2 ) to the drivers side was off, hooked it back up and blew off within 2 minutes, pressure build up (I have left it off for now).
Looked hard at the way the can is currently set up (looking from front bumper to back of car):
Center fitting hose line runs to r/s of intake (check valve) This is INCORRECT. This runs to the rear of passenger side valve cover, if earlier than 2014, must do drill mod to barb. NO checkvalve goes inline n the center, or inlet of can.

Left fitting hose line runs to IPF S/C air intake

Also incorrect. This with checkvalve flowing away from can runs to the SC inlet, as close to the impeller as possible w/out risk of contact. If at air filter, dispersion reduces the suction far too much to evacuate. Checkvalves only go inline on can outlets (outer fittings). This location provides evacuation suction when in boost operation.

Right fitting hose line runs to l/s of intake
There is a plugged fitting (silver ,removable) in middle of intake

Again incorrect. This must run to the center of IM where IPF plugs the IM vacuum port. And most have checkvalve inline flowing away from can. The IM provides vacuum / suction for evacuation when in non-boost operation. As soon as any pressure from boost is detected, this valve closes and the valve to the SC or turbo inlet opens and uses that suction to continue evacuation.

Read the Elite instructions and the can isn't set up that way at this moment
pretty sure I have an issue here
Will be installing clean side oil separator (finally) this week"

MUST use the CSS with any turbo or centri SC application. This goes on the drivers side and the barb on the rear of the driverside valve cover gets capped. The hose from the CSS runs to the air filter. This provides the filtered incoming air (clean or fresh) that flushes and makes up for the foul/dirty vapors evacuated from the passengers side valve cover.

The way you have it now, there is no evacuation taking place and only pressure building.

Let us know if you need clarification on any of this. It must be routed correctly. You should not run it at all the way you have described it.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote