Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
cjon9657

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Send a message via MSN to cjon9657
I use to have a 2003 trailblazer, 2WD, thought it would do ok in light snow, it did awful. my camaro has better in light snow than my trailblazer was. But my camaro has only seen snow once.
cjon9657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Is it your first car?? There are way way better cars for bad weather. Hell my old Fiero was better in the snow than a 5th gen.
^This is always my argument when I come across these threads. If you live in an area where you have harsh winters and lots of snow, there are BETTER options than a RWD pony car. Worry about a 4x4 or FWD, then consider buying a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc.. Priorities. You don't buy a screwdriver to drive a nail.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #31
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Is it your first car?? There are way way better cars for bad weather. Hell my old Fiero was better in the snow than a 5th gen.
Of course your Fiero was better in the Snow, it has the engine in the rear.
I have Falkin Snow tires on mine and it's great in the Snow.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #32
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
I'll stick with the jeep and leave the Camaro in the garage
Old 12-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #33
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Im confused, why would the Camaro be seen as any worse than any other rear wheel drive car?

I know the tires that come on it are crap under 45 degrees, but I would imagine anyone living in snowy climates would change the tires regardless anyways.

I mean there are always better vehicles for snow driving, but it seems like every thinks they arent going to make it home ever in a Camaro if it snows.

Just curious why it seems a surprise.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #34
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Im confused, why would the Camaro be seen as any worse than any other rear wheel drive car?

I know the tires that come on it are crap under 45 degrees, but I would imagine anyone living in snowy climates would change the tires regardless anyways.

I mean there are always better vehicles for snow driving, but it seems like every thinks they arent going to make it home ever in a Camaro if it snows.

Just curious why it seems a surprise.
Because most Performance Cars have WIDE Wheels, which are bad for Snow, Get a Narrower Snow Tire and see the Vast improvement.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #35
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
I happen to live on a hill and have NO PROBLEMS going up or down the hill, stopping and then backing into my driveway even though it's snow and ice covered. These BF Goodrich All Weathers work just fine.

I've owned more cars then you'll ever see, kid.
What makes you think I'm a kid?? Don't try and make yourself seem all high and mighty cuz your not. Your thread made it sound like you haven't owned that many cars because the 5th gen isn't that great of a car in the snow. Many better cars for bad weather. And cheap ones at that. Thats why i have 2 daily drivers. And unless you have had 64 cars you haven't had more cars than me. Good try though.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #36
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
cool this is turning into a "mines bigger than yours" thread....these tend to get exciting before they are closed.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
What makes you think I'm a kid?? Don't try and make yourself seem all high and mighty cuz your not. Your thread made it sound like you haven't owned that many cars because the 5th gen isn't that great of a car in the snow. Many better cars for bad weather. And cheap ones at that. Thats why i have 2 daily drivers. And unless you have had 64 cars you haven't had more cars than me. Good try though.

The bolded (cuz) word gives a good indication on how old you are
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #38
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
My Camaro handles better in snow than a previous 2WD Dakota I owned. It has the factory tread on it and I am impressed how much traction it has. I have been looking for a winter vehicle, preferably a pickup, but everyone thinks the one they have for sale is worth its weight in gold. I was happy that I was able to afford the Camaro and just don't have the means to shell out a butt load of money on another used vehicle to drive. I bought my Camaro to drive and that is what I am going to do. If I find an affordable vehicle I will park it but until then I am enjoying it though rain, sleet, snow and sunshine.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #39
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall82 View Post
The bolded (cuz) word gives a good indication on how old you are
Sorry. When I'm on my phone I'm not perfect. Either way, I'm not a kid. And cuz isn't a great indicator. I'm grown I have a house a decent business and a couple cars. Kids don't have stuff like that.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #40
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Sorry. When I'm on my phone I'm not perfect. Either way, I'm not a kid. And cuz isn't a great indicator. I'm grown I have a house a decent business and a couple cars. Kids don't have stuff like that.
Yeah but running an Ebay store in Mom & Dad's house doesn't count. And make sure to wash those 2 cars they own after your homework

Btw those all season Goodrich's are the ones in my pic down below and have worked fine in the snow for me. My Pzero's go back on in the spring.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #41
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
A Fiero is the same as driving an old rear engine Beetle in the snow, only it's nicer looking. Yes the old Fiero was good in the snow.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #42
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Glad it's working out for you all. Even more glad that mine will never see such horrible stuff. Spent 30yrs in Michigan and will be happy if i never see another flake of snow or piece of salt again in my life lol.

Dave, please go back and edit your post to say "snow is beautiful and fun to drive and play in."

Our Florida roads are already too crowded with people from the north thinking snow is something they should escape
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote