Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-01-2014, 05:31 AM   #127
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
So my self and 7 of my friends go to a car show to today with our Camaros . The show was advertised for any make any year all cars welcome ... So when we got there we saw a allot of modern mussel cars .. It was nice. There where allot of very well done and unique modern cars right along side the oldies. The cars that where there where made up of 50% modern (2005 to 2014) and 50% oldies ( 1975 ans earlier) and there where like 3 or 4 cars from the 80s . But when it came to trophy time not one trophy went to a car over 1970 and i was a little put off . Not because my self or any of my buddies did not win . It was because it was apparent the judges where only interested in the old cars. Which is fine if that what it is an (oldies show ) . It was almost like they just wonted us there to collect the $15 registration fee . Next year will we be skipping that show because if you are going to advertise the show is for modern cars as well as oldies they should have a trophy or too go to that group as well. Believe me there where more then a few modern cars there that where worthy of a trophy . They where just over looked because of the year there cars where made .
Eye think the OP probably wood have gout uh trophy if he wood have just had uh handwritten show bored by his car listing its finer points.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #128
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsdnfam View Post
I've never heard of a Camaro being called a Pony. Mustang...yes.
"Pony" is the name generally applied to the class of cars, not specifically to all of the car models that make up the class. That it's a horse-y sounding term is probably a function of the Mustang immediately becoming the big early seller (the Barracuda actually beat the Mustang to the market by a couple of weeks).

The true muscle cars were built on the intermediate (or larger) chassis cars of the day, specifically with the more powerful engines. Pony cars were built off smaller chassis, normally with smaller and less powerful engines, so the smaller and not as strong implications of the term "pony" at least makes sense.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #129
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Eye think the OP probably wood have gout uh trophy if he wood have just had uh handwritten show bored by his car listing its finer points.
Funny stuff. Our education system at work.
At least he said: "Today we SAW" not "Today we SEEN."
Old 10-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #130
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Evar cents I took the Evelin wood sped redding cours my reddin and comprenshun has improv wundorfully.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #131
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
I have taken my 67 to alot of shows in the past 5 years and dont mind when new cars win as long as they win cause of mods done. What i dont appreciate is when someone shows up in their new ZL1 and wins cause he showed up in a new ZL1.

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #132
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Funny stuff. Our education system at work.
At least he said: "Today we SAW" not "Today we SEEN."
The saw I saw in Arkansas was the biggest saw I ever saw.
If you see a saw bigger than the saw I saw in Arkansas I'd like to see your saw.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #133
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
What I noticed at the only car show I have been to with my Camaro was that the guys who make the "circuit" of all the car shows are the ones who win the trophy's. Not the folks who show up once or twice. Of course the winners were members of the club that put the show on.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #134
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
"Pony" is the name generally applied to the class of cars, not specifically to all of the car models that make up the class. That it's a horse-y sounding term is probably a function of the Mustang immediately becoming the big early seller (the Barracuda actually beat the Mustang to the market by a couple of weeks).

The true muscle cars were built on the intermediate (or larger) chassis cars of the day, specifically with the more powerful engines. Pony cars were built off smaller chassis, normally with smaller and less powerful engines, so the smaller and not as strong implications of the term "pony" at least makes sense.

Norm
The camaro and mustang did fall into the muscle car catagory when equipped with the right drivetrain.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #135
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
I'd own that in a heartbeat
Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #136
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The camaro and mustang did fall into the muscle car catagory when equipped with the right drivetrain.
regardless of drivetrain they're still pony cars. I've heard the argument that the higher performance version are also muscle cars, I guess thats up for interpretation, but they're all pony cars.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 PM   #137
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
There is this local car show that happens monthly and the same guy with the 66 Mustang has won of the the 3 best in show every month. I decided not to go when all 3 awards went to 60s Mustangs.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #138
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Just put a sign on the windshield...Exhibit Only...Do NOT Judge

If you get a trophy anyway, donate it away to someone at the show.

Or I just give them to my wife so she can give them away to the 4th graders.
Hall of Fame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #139
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
Just put a sign on the windshield...Exhibit Only...Do NOT Judge

If you get a trophy anyway, donate it away to someone at the show.

Or I just give them to my wife so she can give them away to the 4th graders.
5 years ago when the first Camaro5 member here got a trophy I suggested
he send it to GM- I took all kinds of s**t for that- lol
Old 10-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #140
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I enjoy going to car shows to look at vintage vehicles in near show-room condition. I could give a rats ass about a new vehicle modded or not. I've seen cars that had absolutely no business there other than just to say, "hey I'm in a car show."

But as for as trophies go? Who really needs that type of bullshit anyway? Look every one! He's won "best in show!" Now bring that car to an outside show and lets see how you do? I think a lot of those shows are rigged anyway. Its favoritism. Enjoy the show. Forget the trophy. Trophies are just dust collecting, pieces of shit that boost the egos of those that are lacking self confidence. If you need a trophy to validate what you own as being the best in..., then you're in dire need of a psyche eval.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote