Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #155
Rapidity

Drives: '13 2SS Convt
It eliminates the forced shift from first to fourth.
Rapidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #156
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I am starting to agree that there may be a learning curve on it. Maybe it has to learn your driving habits. I don't know but it does seem less intrusive lately.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #157
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
I'd beg to differ. Damn thing keeps getting me when I least expect it. I can't seem to guess when it's kicked in so I can pull the Ebrake. It forces you to direct your attention to the display instead of watching what's going on at the intersection. How can that be considered safe? I WANT TO SHUT IT OFF!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #158
Combover

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I wish it were a calibration thing - until it learns, I'm going to slightly pull up on the handbrake to disable the HSA. When I want to go, drop the handbrake as I hit the gas. I only have to pull up on the handbrake enough to illuminate the red BRAKE warning light in the dash.
Combover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #159
Combover

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bad-ZL1 View Post
It's actually kinda fun spinning those 305s until the brake releases.
Trust you to find a silver lining in a dark cloud
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #160
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
You have too, I absolutely love the car except for this feature. I live in hope we will get our option.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #161
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I would bet the handbrake trick defeats the learning process. How can it learn if it never cycles? If you never give it information it cannot learn. I never used the handbrake and just learned to watch for it and slowly lift on the clutch to time the release. Annoying at first but is better now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 AM   #162
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
It didn't engage on a big hill for me today.

But when I got home, it kept getting me in the driveway as I was tring to do a 5pt turn around.

Dumbest 'feature' ever!
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #163
DCB

Drives: 2013 black convertible 2SS/RS
Yes it(Hill Assist) SUCKS, or least on mine. High rev to get it to move just a little. Very difficult in a line of cars trying to creep up a hill. I have to leave at least a cars length and then move as it lurches forward. I got so frustrated leaving work last week with it that I went right to the dealer (2nd time) to get it turned off. How can I control a car when IT wants to decide when IT should move? I've had many standards over the years and actually prefer driving them and this is the first one with this so-called feature. I told the dealer I would never recommend a car with it if they don't allow us to disable it. It would be fine if it released smoothly and when the clutch was being released, however I must rev it up much higher than it needs to be just to get it move. Also the cons of this are, higher gas usage and more wear on the clutch, it's not worth the 'benefit' if you already know how to drive a standard. Go with the Mustang, that's what I had prior to this piece. Sorry FORD, I'll be back next time.
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #164
DLUX

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS RS
I was in the same boat. Got sooo aggrevated with car finally I got rid of it after 5 months. You will get more and more disgusted with it, trust me. It is really a shame.
DLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #165
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
I'm glad mine rarely activates. Less than 10 times since I got the car. If it did it to me as often as it does it to some of you guys, I'd be BULLSHITTTTTTT. It takes a very significant hill for mine to activate. Do we know what causes the difference in sensitivity? Is it random luck? Or are the V8s more sensitive than the V6s for some reason? Or were early models in the production run sensitive, and since everyone hates the feature, they dialed it back?
l008com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #166
Combover

Recently there has been a delay in delivering ZL1s and 1LEs. I hope it's because they've changed the programming on this feature and it will then be available retroactively.

Mine has been hit or miss. I thought it was getting better. I'm really hoping to read a post on someone who has found a dealer that knows how to adjust it. Then I'll take mine in.

Last edited by Combover; 05-04-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #167
Cid369

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Triple Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
I'm glad mine rarely activates. Less than 10 times since I got the car. If it did it to me as often as it does it to some of you guys, I'd be BULLSHITTTTTTT. It takes a very significant hill for mine to activate. Do we know what causes the difference in sensitivity? Is it random luck? Or are the V8s more sensitive than the V6s for some reason? Or were early models in the production run sensitive, and since everyone hates the feature, they dialed it back?
Mine also doesn't come on as often and I have a V8. Maybe is a hit or miss. And it started to release after I get off the clutch so I'm getting the hang of it. Is not as bad now.

Cid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #168
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
It seems that it may be more hesitant to come on if the driving aids are off. I always hold the t/c button down 10 seconds now when I get in the car and haven't noticed HSA being as intrusive lately, but last night, I had to move to let a guest out of the drive and didn't disable the nannies and HSA caught me 3 or 4 times.

Anyone else experienced this?