Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Who has or has had issues with their MyLink not working properly?

I have a '13 ZL1 with MyLink and its doing something really annoying. Every time I turn the radio on the screen shows a black window that says "navigation initializing" for about 10 seconds. Then it goes to the navigation menu even though I didn't tell it to.

This happens every time I start the radio and its really annoying. I don't want it going to any navigation stuff unless I tell it to. I took it to the dealer and they were scratching their heads but couldn't find a solution. So they're going to contact GM tech support to see what the remedy is.

I'm hoping someone in this forum can throw me a lifeline as to what needs to be done. Is this a software fix or a radio replacement situation?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
I have a '13 ZL1 with MyLink and its doing something really annoying. Every time I turn the radio on the screen shows a black window that says "navigation initializing" for about 10 seconds. Then it goes to the navigation menu even though I didn't tell it to.

This happens every time I start the radio and its really annoying. I don't want it going to any navigation stuff unless I tell it to. I took it to the dealer and they were scratching their heads but couldn't find a solution. So they're going to contact GM tech support to see what the remedy is.

I'm hoping someone in this forum can throw me a lifeline as to what needs to be done. Is this a software fix or a radio replacement situation?
bumblebeecamaro,

Sorry to hear about those issues because I know how badly you want the radio to work properly. You might want to try (855)-478-7767 for Infotainment General Support. Their hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. EST; Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. EST.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
13GreyVert

Drives: Grey Vert
Quote:

Sorry, I can't help you, but I can sympathize. My ZL1 has been doing the exact same thing. The radio also shuts itself off sometimes and will restart and continue on. I've searched the net and found a Volt with the same problem but no resolution.

I've tried pulling the radio fuse and disconnecting the battery, neither helped. Kind of ironic, since I didn't want navigation to begin with.

Good luck and keep the forum updated, please.
13GreyVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
I have had my car for 2 weeks and have noticed that some times it does not recognize my ipod.I have to unplug and plug it back in then it works,not annoying yet but I think it will be.I will wait and see how it goes.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I have had my car for 2 weeks and have noticed that some times it does not recognize my ipod.I have to unplug and plug it back in then it works,not annoying yet but I think it will be.I will wait and see how it goes.
Congratulations on the new vehicle!

If you need me to check into anything or get you into a dealership to have this issue looked at, I'd be more than happy to assist in these matters. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Every couple of days mine will not recognize my USB thumb drive that is plugged in. I'll unplug it then reinstall and all is well.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Congratulations on the new vehicle!

If you need me to check into anything or get you into a dealership to have this issue looked at, I'd be more than happy to assist in these matters. Feel free to contact me at anytime.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thanks William
Old 04-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
13GreyVert

Drives: Grey Vert
Quote:

Any solution on this?
13GreyVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
Thanks William
No problem Ohten!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #10
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13GreyVert View Post
Any solution on this?
They replaced the entire radio which fixed the navigation issue but the other issue is still there.

I give up.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
My MyLink is very wonky. Doesn't register iPod app on iPhone via cable until a very long it's good and well ready (after synchronizing). Pandora doesn't always work. Even when the app is running MyLink will say that it's not. Sometimes the fan control speed indicator will freeze though the knob still works; seems like a UI hang/crash problem. I'm hoping there's a software update. I can't find one on the web.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #12
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I will say the MyLink bluetooth integration is pretty darn nice most of the time. I say most of the time b/c sometimes I have to monkey with the iPhone's AirPlan speaker setting to get the Camaro to play the audio through its speakers. Though the iPhone and MyLink are paired and connected (ie - I can scrub through audio) I can't hear anything until I force the iPhone to play the sound through its speakers then return the iPhone to play the sound through the MyLink speakers.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #13
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
My MyLink is very wonky. Doesn't register iPod app on iPhone via cable until a very long it's good and well ready (after synchronizing). Pandora doesn't always work. Even when the app is running MyLink will say that it's not. Sometimes the fan control speed indicator will freeze though the knob still works; seems like a UI hang/crash problem. I'm hoping there's a software update. I can't find one on the web.
CRT,

I get the same issues with my 1LE, and ours are about the same age I think. Manufactured 10/25. I need to get to the dealer to check for an update. I just wish I knew if there was an update and not waste a bunch of time waiting for the car just for them to tell me there isn't one...

Too bad they just can't check your VIN or radio ID and tell you before you commit to leaving your car in their care. Yeah, I don't trust them. I let em do a free oil change and they got oil all over the manifold/downpipe, and the car stank for a week...

Let me know if you hear of something, and I'll do the same for you!

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #14
Psalm69

Drives: 2013 SS
I've got this same problem on a 2013 SS. It makes me so mad I'm one nights sleep away from taking the car right back. I got that message to go away one time, but that was it. I've reset the thing a dozen times, pulled the fuse, and pulled the battery. Pretty much every short of destroying the display and putting in my own radio delete. I'll see how I feel about things tomorrow.
Psalm69 is offline   Reply With Quote