Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #1
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Exclamation Priority #1 and #2 People....Get some money back!

O.K. I had this idea where the priority 1,2,3 Camaro pre-orders can get back some money or money off MSRP from the dealers. The dealers are really wanting a Camaro on in thier show room. So, just when your Camaro comes in lease it back to the dealership(advertising) for a fee either by day or week. I have been in talks to my dealer for $500 for a 3 day weekend. I know...But I want to drive my Camaro and don't want order people driving it. Your Camaro would be in the Showroom and you keep the keys. I'm just trying to get everyone some money back while not having to wait a year and taking the money back from the greedy dealers... Your comments are welcome!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
tally114

Drives: 08 C6 NPP, MZ6 436hp, M2W
I actually think there is a member on here who has a deal like that. I think they'll end up getting their camaro at INVOICE. That was posted a long time ago. (Ive been getting on this site for about a year, but just recently joined. )
tally114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
O.K. I had this idea where the priority 1,2,3 Camaro pre-orders can get back some money or money off MSRP from the dealers. The dealers are really wanting a Camaro on in thier show room. So, just when your Camaro comes in lease it back to the dealership(advertising) for a fee either by day or week. I have been in talks to my dealer for $500 for a 3 day weekend. I know...But I want to drive my Camaro and don't want order people driving it. Your Camaro would be in the Showroom and you keep the keys. I'm just trying to get everyone some money back while not having to wait a year and taking the money back from the greedy dealers... Your comments are welcome!
Great idea. I was thinking about that myself but thought it was a silly idea at first. My priority is 1 at my dealer and I asked if it was possible for them to hold on to the car until my b-day (which they replied that it wouldn't be a problem). hmmmm, wonder if it would be wrong for me to ask for money if they place my car in the show room until my b-day which would be april 25?
Old 11-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
I'm $1200 under MSRP right now...but, I'll certainly "loan" my car for a weekend here and there for some extra change!!

I'll have to ask the question! Not sure it will work but heck, I only have money to gain!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sorry, but I couldn't loan my car out for test drives and such. I don't want someone beating the Heck out of my ride Good idea though for someone who isn't as stingy as me.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
zforce

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Matelic Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'm sorry, but I couldn't loan my car out for test drives and such. I don't want someone beating the Heck out of my ride Good idea though for someone who isn't as stingy as me.
No way! I'm buying a new car not a used or show room sample. I would only rent it out to have it placed in the show room floor with the doors closed and only be able to have the doors opened with the manager being present. no driving or turning the engine. Just for show.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Same here...when I said "loan" my Camaro...it is for showroom only and I have the keys!!

Look, but don't touch!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i would do that if i got some crazy deal, but other then that, i would probably not, the cash would be nice but then most people here would buy the same colour because it would be the only colour they see on the car, but i might change my mind later lol
3 days $500, could help with the sound system...
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #9
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
o yeah, i though eveyrone was priority 1, as long as you preoredered, i didnt ask my dealer but he came out and told me that the preorders all had the priority 1 placed...what priority 2 mean?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
no way! there is no way i am going to let my car sit in a showroom so hundreds of people can come in and sit in my car. i have been waiting 3 years for this car and when it comes in , im taking it home. no one is dingering up my black ss. im too affraid someone would scratch it or some little kid will get in it and drop hus gum down the seat.. no no no.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #11
turbocrazy

Drives: Cadillac CTS & 2010 BLK SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
no way! there is no way i am going to let my car sit in a showroom so hundreds of people can come in and sit in my car. i have been waiting 3 years for this car and when it comes in , im taking it home. no one is dingering up my black ss. im too affraid someone would scratch it or some little kid will get in it and drop hus gum down the seat.. no no no.

I have to agree with you but only because I ordered black and I don't want to risk anyone scratching it other than me, at least for the first time. However in this current market for the right price I might arrange a showroom model with poles around it locked and I have the keys.
turbocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #12
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
enough said
Old 11-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Strangers touching, rubbing against, sitting in MY car? It would be a violated car. NO WAY!!! I want a virgin.

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08
Rodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #14
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocrazy View Post
I have to agree with you but only because I ordered black and I don't want to risk anyone scratching it other than me, at least for the first time. However in this current market for the right price I might arrange a showroom model with poles around it locked and I have the keys.
i still have to say no if i have the keys.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote