Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-24-2010, 02:23 AM   #15
muscle

Drives: Camaro
hell yeah.I'm interested. too bad, I missed it summer. Let's meet up next time, I'll definitly come.
muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
all you BC guys get the nice weather.....

as for Borla I like the V8 setups a lot but for the V6 they don't sound nearly as good as some of the other choices out there. for the V6 I wouldn't get Borla. if I had a V8... well they are right at the top of choices.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
LOL Edge, believe me, BC doesn't get good weather... it's been pouring for a week and a half straight lol. It was nice during the summer though =o.

Yea Muscle, I wouldn't say "dont get the Borla", the fact is, they have good systems. But for the V6 camaro, there are other options too. Not to be biased because i HAVE the system.. but check out Corsa.

The sounds gets louder as you break it in as well. This video was filmed a day after the install..
Old 09-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
Dino

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Dino
I have the Borla and I actually prefer the sound/tone. I also have headers, hi-flow cats and a CAI, so unfortunately I can;t tell you juts the gains from the exhaust...

I believe Scrming has said this many times: Exhausts are a per-person choice. Some people like different tones and loudness, while others just want something that is more subdued until you get on the pedal...

The tips are 4.5" and I like them. I went with the whole catback, too. I spent a lot of time listening to the clips and looking at the pictures. I have also received lots of compliments for the sound. (Once the Stainless heats up, before that it is very raspy. Once it does though its a nice deep tone.) My neighbors love me!
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #19
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
has anyone tried to put the ATAK V8 system on the V6 yet??

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
muscle

Yeah, I know Borla is not the best sound for V6 in the market right now. And I'm with you jagan Corsa is better sound, I figure, my Borla sound will be better after I got long tube headers.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #21
mike.nite

Drives: 2011 2SS L99, 2010 LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle View Post
Yeah, I know Borla is not the best sound for V6 in the market right now. And I'm with you jagan Corsa is better sound, I figure, my Borla sound will be better after I got long tube headers.
Are you shure? For me the Borla pro XS mufflers are the best sounding system for the V6. Check out the Borlas from member Digitalshow:

this clip was the reason for me to order the Borlas and I'm very happy with them. They sound exaclty like the ones in the clip.
mike.nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:06 PM   #22
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I went with the whole catback, too. I spent a lot of time listening to the clips and looking at the pictures. I have also received lots of compliments for the sound. (Once the Stainless heats up, before that it is very raspy. Once it does though its a nice deep tone.) My neighbors love me!
Dino, I guess the problem with the raspyness happens only with the catback systems. I have absolutely no raspyness with my borla system at all. I tried very hard but I can't make my system sound raspy or drone.
(I have the Injen intake, BBK LT ceramic coated with highflow cats, ProXS mufflers)

If the raspyness doesn't go away I would try a resonated X-pipe.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:57 AM   #23
muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.nite View Post
Are you shure? For me the Borla pro XS mufflers are the best sounding system for the V6. Check out the Borlas from member Digitalshow:

this clip was the reason for me to order the Borlas and I'm very happy with them. They sound exaclty like the ones in the clip.
Borla pro XS mufflers ?what's that? same as the catback? seems borla has only one exhaust for V6
Old 09-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #24
mike.nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle View Post
Borla pro XS mufflers ?what's that? same as the catback? seems borla has only one exhaust for V6

Sorry - just realized that you were talking about borlas complete axleback setup. Digitalshow and I have both custom setups.

We are using the borla proXS mufflers with custom tubes and tips.
They seem to sound deeper than borlas official exhaust for the V6.

I paid $ 180 for the mufflers, $ 100 for the tips and did the welding myself.
So my custom exhaust cost me about $ 300 and has exactly the sound I was looking for. (Love this forums!)

In combination with my BBK LTs - I never heard any deeper setup.
Still waiting for my buddies cam to take a good soundclip.