Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #1
Ctsvtocamaro

Drives: 2012 2ss black on Black
Newbie Introduction

Hi Folks! Newbie here. Long time lurker though. Well I just bought our first Camaro and am in Love!

Here's a little background. As you can see from my name, I came out of a 2012 Ctsv. Well about 6 Months A go, I got an urge to buy something different, so we started looking at different sports cars. Although the Ctsv was a blast to drive, it just didn't feel right with 4 big doors. also it was a Auto and I longed for a manual. So the Wife falls in love with the Camaro so the hunt begins. After nearly pulling the trigger on a Convertible about 6 months ago, I decided just to keep the Caddy. Fast Forward 6 months. The Wife and I are killing time one day and go test drive a 2ss at the local Chevy Dealer, well I was hooked. The problem was we were upside down on the Caddy, well we contact our Dealer where we bought it "not a Chevy dealer" and tell him to find a low mileage used one.

So a couple of days later, our Dealer calls and talks to my Wife. He proceeds to tell her he's found a dealer to dealer trade on a 2010 Indy Pace Car. So he sends my Wife Pics and she doesn't like the badging on the Doors and tells him she doesn't like it keep looking please. Well I get home from work and she tells me about it, so I jump on the ole inter web and start researching. Well they only made 296 so "I think to myself pretty rare" but it wouldn't work anyway it's a Auto. My Wife says no he said its a 6spd Man, no way I said, so I call the Dealer and ask Stick or Auto? He says it's a stick. Holy Sh.. Only like 20 ever made with a stick Bring it in I'll see You on Friday I tell him. Well no sleep for me that Night I'm thinking here's my retirement , or at least my adult beverage money when I retire in 20 Years. The next Morning the phone rings, I'm sorry to inform You that Camaro sold Last Night!

So I ended up with a low mileage 2012 2ss/rs Black on Black with a bunch of goodies on i

So we went from a Caddy to a Camaro and I absolutely love this Camaro 10 fold. It's a blast to drive with the 6 spd, I miss the supercharger but I know I can fix that,,,,
Ctsvtocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, definitely a better choice with the Camaro
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Congrats and enjoy!
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
Squibcakes

Drives: 2LT Convertible BRM
Congratz on the Camaro
Squibcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctsvtocamaro View Post
Hi Folks! Newbie here. Long time lurker though. Well I just bought our first Camaro and am in Love!

Here's a little background. As you can see from my name, I came out of a 2012 Ctsv. Well about 6 Months A go, I got an urge to buy something different, so we started looking at different sports cars. Although the Ctsv was a blast to drive, it just didn't feel right with 4 big doors. also it was a Auto and I longed for a manual. So the Wife falls in love with the Camaro so the hunt begins. After nearly pulling the trigger on a Convertible about 6 months ago, I decided just to keep the Caddy. Fast Forward 6 months. The Wife and I are killing time one day and go test drive a 2ss at the local Chevy Dealer, well I was hooked. The problem was we were upside down on the Caddy, well we contact our Dealer where we bought it "not a Chevy dealer" and tell him to find a low mileage used one.

So a couple of days later, our Dealer calls and talks to my Wife. He proceeds to tell her he's found a dealer to dealer trade on a 2010 Indy Pace Car. So he sends my Wife Pics and she doesn't like the badging on the Doors and tells him she doesn't like it keep looking please. Well I get home from work and she tells me about it, so I jump on the ole inter web and start researching. Well they only made 296 so "I think to myself pretty rare" but it wouldn't work anyway it's a Auto. My Wife says no he said its a 6spd Man, no way I said, so I call the Dealer and ask Stick or Auto? He says it's a stick. Holy Sh.. Only like 20 ever made with a stick Bring it in I'll see You on Friday I tell him. Well no sleep for me that Night I'm thinking here's my retirement , or at least my adult beverage money when I retire in 20 Years. The next Morning the phone rings, I'm sorry to inform You that Camaro sold Last Night!

So I ended up with a low mileage 2012 2ss/rs Black on Black with a bunch of goodies on i

So we went from a Caddy to a Camaro and I absolutely love this Camaro 10 fold. It's a blast to drive with the 6 spd, I miss the supercharger but I know I can fix that,,,,
Congrats!

We hope you continue to enjoy! Feel free to contact us if any questions arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Congrats and welcome! Any pics of the new car and the old?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Congrats and welcome to Camaro5!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
congrats
Old 09-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Welcome!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
canecorso69