Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #113
imgntht

Drives: '15 GMC Terrain, '19 Buick Enclave
I was able to build a 1SS/1LE for under $39K. Granted it's not loaded up to the hilt, but it had everything I needed. I feel this is an extremely good deal. Too rich for what I can realistically spend when I purchase next year, but great bang for the buck. Are the rest of you guys checking off everything listed or something? Do you really NEED all that stuff?

I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this...but why would anyone pay $5280 for 21" wheels, when you can buy something better (IMO) for less in the aftermarket?

I added only essentials like the $900 that you couldn't do aftermarket easily at that price.

My only question on the dual mode exhaust is the rear diffuser...does it change with the dual mode exhaust, or does the same unit accept both exhausts.
imgntht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #114
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgntht View Post
I was able to build a 1SS/1LE for under $39K. Granted it's not loaded up to the hilt, but it had everything I needed. I feel this is an extremely good deal. Too rich for what I can realistically spend when I purchase next year, but great bang for the buck. Are the rest of you guys checking off everything listed or something? Do you really NEED all that stuff?

I know I'm going to get flamed for saying this...but why would anyone pay $5280 for 21" wheels, when you can buy something better (IMO) for less in the aftermarket?

I added only essentials like the $900 that you couldn't do aftermarket easily at that price.

My only question on the dual mode exhaust is the rear diffuser...does it change with the dual mode exhaust, or does the same unit accept both exhausts.
I'm with you.... People that are seeing over 42k must be fully loading this car. I'm looking for as basic as I can get, because, well, it's a track car. I do not need a sunroof, leather, RS package, rear vision, etc. The car is awesome as it stands w/o those options, and will still be a nice daily driver

As for your question about the dual mode exhaust.... yes, the diffuser is different.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #115
1LEE

Drives: 2007 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash View Post
can you see the mojave interior working??
I don't know.... I'm only looking at a 1SS/1LE, so I didnt bring up any leather options.

Plus the 1LE only comes with black interior.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #116
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Was just messing with the Dusk package
and the interior is still missing in action here

Really like the Blue Ray color ~

Isnt the Dusk Package supposed to
get wheels like the ones in the Sema pics ?
they arent showing those wheels.

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #117
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Not sure why everyone is hating on the price all the sudden. It's been WELL advertised for a while now as "starting at $37,XXX" for the SS. It's also been WELL advertised that the 1LE is a $3500 option. We also KNEW that once you throw on the 2SS and the RS package and throw in the sweet DVD screen or other options such as sunroof or optional wheels etc......of COURSE it's going to be low to mid 40s if you go all in on options! I'm game nonetheless.
We aren't talking about the price of the 1LE package. We are talking about how much base prices of the cars have gone up. For 2013 the base price of a 1SS has gone up $785. Ouch. Then you had increases in 2012 and 2011.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #118
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
We aren't talking about the price of the 1LE package. We are talking about how much base prices of the cars have gone up. For 2013 the base price of a 1SS has gone up $785. Ouch. Then you had increases in 2012 and 2011.
The price went up but you also get the fancy touchscreen and frameless rear view mirror for the 1ss. Those two options alone would cost more than $785? Also I believe the remote start is standard on automatics.
Kdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #119
BlackMamba88

Drives: 2010 Challenger 345 R/T
Wow, GM is really dropping the darn ball, Guess I'll just buy a used 2010 2ss and build it the way I want it to Perform/Look like a lot of Member on here. That 1LE is just great Bang For Buck though!

Why no Recaro Seat Option for the 1LE Or Zl1?
Why no Mojave Interior or any other Color Option for the 1LE Or Zl1?
Why no ZL1 Wheel Option for the SS?

I really was looking forward to Either a Ashen Gray Or Black Fully Loaded 1LE, Excluding the Sunroof W/ Mojave Interior and some Recaro Seats like the CTS-V
Old 08-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #120
Lowtan

Drives: Don't have my Camaro YET
When I build my 1LE the RS package takes away my black wheels in the picture. Not cool.
Lowtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #121
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowtan View Post
When I build my 1LE the RS package takes away my black wheels in the picture. Not cool.
You didn't know that when you buy the extra $1350 RS package on a 1LE it takes away the expensive ZL1 forged wheels and you get the smaller, less expensive, heavier RS SS wheels?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #122
cbass

Quote:
The price went up but you also get the fancy touchscreen and frameless rear view mirror for the 1ss. Those two options alone would cost more than $785? Also I believe the remote start is standard on automatics.
All that means is I have to pay for it and I don't have the option to take it off. I am getting a 1LE. What do I care about the touchscreen? I would be more interested in a beige interior instead of baking inside an all black interior. Still what were the other price increases on the camaro?

How much price increase in 2012?
How much price increase in 2011?

The MSRP has grown by over $2K in those years.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #123
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The most expensive Camaro I could build started as an automatic ZL1 convertible and the final price after options was $68,890. I really tried to hit 70k MSRP but couldn't do it. Guess you can't add the subwoofer to a ZL1.
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #124
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The most expensive Camaro I could build started as an automatic ZL1 convertible and the final price after options was $68,890. I really tried to hit 70k MSRP but couldn't do it. Guess you can't add the subwoofer to a ZL1.
Is it worth paying 70k?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #125
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Is it worth paying 70k?
I'm sure somebody out there will do it so it will be worth it to them. I wouldn't spend that much on a Camaro but that's only cause I can't.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #126
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I'm sure somebody out there will do it so it will be worth it to them. I wouldn't spend that much on a Camaro but that's only cause I can't.
Hey, if you got the money to blow why not right? Sure someone will buy it and probably sell it for half price by 2014 new model baby.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote