Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #197
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Are the RB's blot enough rotor for you now? Have to use the e brake too
it was before the rb upgrades. the pads and rotors and rebuild kit have made my brakes flawless even on saturday in 119 degree heat. But i did ebrake twice on 2 different tracks after a long straight and peddle hit floor....slowed me down enough to safely exit track
Old 06-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #198
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Are the RB's blot enough rotor for you now? Have to use the e brake too
Hate to ask bro, but what is up with that sig, your car burned down? If so, soooooooooooorry dude, what happened?

I am still jaleous about those brakes, daaaaaaaaaaang, they will look so awesome on that car and they will perform like a dream with all that weight out. Any weight goals in mind for this car?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #199
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Hate to ask bro, but what is up with that sig, your car burned down? If so, soooooooooooorry dude, what happened?

I am still jaleous about those brakes, daaaaaaaaaaang, they will look so awesome on that car and they will perform like a dream with all that weight out. Any weight goals in mind for this car?
Engine fire, yes Kaylee burned to the ground. Click my sig, and go to my posts starting at 5/31. You'll know the posts I'm talking about when you see them.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #200
diamondmike

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
For anybody following this thread who is interested, I created a group-buy thread here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300817

for the Optic Armor windows Nathan is using. We get a 10% discount if we get 10 or more buyers.
I used five star bodies on the race car but the front 3/16 weight 24lbs.
but I am looking to install front and rear to DD

7.83 @ 172 and 1.15 60ft 5th gen
4.93@143
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #201
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Wow can't believe I just now found this. The most bad ass car at c fest
Old 06-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #202
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmike View Post
as a heads up - you'll lose the rear defroster as well as AM/FM radio if you do the rear glass. Radio antenna is built into the rear defroster grid.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #203
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmike View Post
So are you saying you want in on the group buy?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #204
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
If I was a manufacturer I'd be sending boxes of freebies your way just hoping folks saw my parts on your car!

Do you have sponsors?

What business are you in if you don't mind me asking?

I worked for an OCD car guy back in my highschool days, built beautiful sand rails! This thread gave me flashbacks to aluminum oxide blackface LOL... You're doing BEAUTIFUL work! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #205
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
If I was a manufacturer I'd be sending boxes of freebies your way just hoping folks saw my parts on your car!

Thanks, I'm going to have you be my spoke person, LOL

Do you have sponsors?

I do.......... American Express, Master card and Visa, LOL.................. jk,............ LC and Vroomapunk and funding the whole project. I understand they are currently taking on more projects, you might want to hit them up!

What business are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Justin and I are full time students in college and we also work with our dad in his life insurance agency as license agents.

I worked for an OCD car guy back in my highschool days, built beautiful sand rails! This thread gave me flashbacks to aluminum oxide blackface LOL... You're doing BEAUTIFUL work! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Thanks again Twisty, we really appreciate your kind words

Quick update:

We need to clean out the insulation were we are going to have the plated welded for the roll cage.

But we figured we'd go the extra mile and remove all of it.

This stuff is literally as hard as a rock!

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 3290
Size:  160.5 KB

Had to set the car on fire to get that stuff out! RJ kept coming to mind, I'm not sure why. I don't think I would have posted this picture if the car burned down to the ground, just saying, LOL

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 3294
Size:  103.0 KB

Some elbow grease with a scraper.

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 3183
Size:  140.0 KB

Orbital sanding and 120

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 3177
Size:  104.9 KB

Sprayed with wash and grease remover

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 3287
Size:  138.9 KB

Finally......... a few coats of etching primer

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 3251
Size:  110.9 KB

We will be putting some sort of insulation back on the wall as the factory insulation has holes for the air box, ac hoses and harness that wouldn't be to effective. Being we are not reinstalling any of that stuff.

FYI, received some great news today parts that will be making their debut on G5.R at SEMA. I wish I could share it with you guys but it still top secret. I'm just hoping everything goes as planed.

Stay Tuned
Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #206
572HP
ACE5 (Atlanta Group)

Drives: "Black Ice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Had to set the car on fire to get that stuff out!
Again ??? Oh...this time on purpose!

Quote:
FYI, received some great news today parts that will be making their debut on G5.R at SEMA. I wish I could share it with you guys but it still top secret. I'm just hoping everything goes as planed.
I knew it...all of this weight savings is for the new wings. Don't worry...your secret is safe!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #207
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
Again ??? Oh...this time on purpose!

I knew it...all of this weight savings is for the new wings. Don't worry...your secret is safe!
I guess you can say I can "laugh now", That was a pretty hair raising moment at the time. Coming out the garage and seeing the car up in smoke!!! I remember screaming for Seth to run out and a pull the battery cable off as I ran to get an extinguisher, scaring $htiz right there!

BTW, thanks for keeping the secret as long as you did......... we should definitely hit 1.5 Gs now

Small update:

Got the rear Stop Tech in yesterday. Should be another week for the fronts. All I can say is these things are BAD A$$!!! This by no means was a cheap propositions as they were an $8,000 upgrade! They will definitely help us reach our goal for project G5.R. We will keep the goal under raps for now.

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 2983
Size:  122.4 KB

You can see how they carve in between the pistons just to reduce as much weight as possible.

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 2972
Size:  98.4 KB

Changing from street pads to track pads couldn't be easier. Calipers don't need to be removed. Just remove the two bolts on "black colored" assembly and remove. Replace pads and reinstall, it that easy.

Name:  015.jpg
Views: 3316
Size:  117.1 KB

Last edited by Moreno1; 06-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #208
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
those are bad a$$. Nice choice. Curious if you compared them in weight to the OEM rears.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #209
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
those are bad a$$. Nice choice. Curious if you compared them in weight to the OEM rears.
+1

I'd be interested to see if they were able to keep them at OEM weight - ideally less, but going from 4 to 6 pot adds a bit of weight lol
Old 06-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #210
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
I guess you can say I can "laugh now", That was a pretty hair raising moment at the time. Coming out the garage and seeing the car up in smoke!!! I remember screaming for Seth to run out and a pull the battery cable off as I ran to get an extinguisher, scaring $htiz right there!

BTW, thanks for keeping the secret as long as you did......... we should definitely hit 1.5 Gs now

Small update:

Got the rear Stop Tech in yesterday. Should be another week for the fronts. All I can say is these things are BAD A$$!!! This by no means was a cheap propositions as they were an $8,000 upgrade! They will definitely help us reach our goal for project G5.R. We will keep the goal under raps for now.

Attachment 527409

You can see how they carve in between the pistons just to reduce as much weight as possible.

Attachment 527410

Changing from street pads to track pads couldn't be easier. Calipers don't need to be removed. Just remove the two bolts on "black colored" assembly and remove. Replace pads and reinstall, it that easy.

Attachment 527411

Changing the pads without taking the calipers off is extremely bad ass.

Closed Thread