Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #421
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
I only get that stiff feeling when the tune is on. When it is back to stock, the pedal feels more soft but I assume that it is running rich. Does that have to do with the TB or CAI because the tune was actually done for these mods in specific?
a tune cannot change the tension on the pedal box its only a sensor its not a loaded unit, i think your talking about throttle delay not firmness, i would re fit the stock throttle body sir as we have seen many faulty throttle body units over the years

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:41 AM   #422
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS 14; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
a tune cannot change the tension on the pedal box its only a sensor its not a loaded unit, i think your talking about throttle delay not firmness, i would re fit the stock throttle body sir as we have seen many faulty throttle body units over the years
Well here is the deal. I updated my SCT4 software and downloaded the custom tune again. It took much longer than it did the first time so I felt that something is going on. I tried the car after the tune and man it was the beast that the guys were talking about. Amazing ride

I can hear the fan operating and that was something I did notice in the first time. The car pulls a lot harder. I like it.

Thanks for the advice anyway. I guess that my problem is solved.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:07 AM   #423
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Gray View Post
Well here is the deal. I updated my SCT4 software and downloaded the custom tune again. It took much longer than it did the first time so I felt that something is going on. I tried the car after the tune and man it was the beast that the guys were talking about. Amazing ride

I can hear the fan operating and that was something I did notice in the first time. The car pulls a lot harder. I like it.

Thanks for the advice anyway. I guess that my problem is solved.
Perfect sir please enjoy your ride and have a happy New Year

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 01-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #424
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
Hi Steve, quick question on the SCT4. I was looking into a Vitesse controller but from what I'm reading on the forums it might not be very compatible with the SCT and some said the SCT makes the controller unnecessary.

Is that the case? I know long term I'm better off with the SCT but was trying to slowly step into modifications but it doesn't make much sense to get the Vitesse if it isn't useful with a dynosteve tune.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #425
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by denboy1 View Post
Hi Steve, quick question on the SCT4. I was looking into a Vitesse controller but from what I'm reading on the forums it might not be very compatible with the SCT and some said the SCT makes the controller unnecessary.

Is that the case? I know long term I'm better off with the SCT but was trying to slowly step into modifications but it doesn't make much sense to get the Vitesse if it isn't useful with a dynosteve tune.
Don't need it sir with a custom tune on a sct

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 01-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #426
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
would a retune be required for 1.85 roller rockers?
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 AM   #427
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
would a retune be required for 1.85 roller rockers?
No

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 01-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #428
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
No
solid!
Old 01-16-2018, 06:07 AM   #429
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Ok guys i have several SCT and Bullydog Programmers that came with either supercharger installs we have done or units that we have traded in when we have done hp tuner dyno tunes, for a deal send me a pm and i will hook you up or give me a call on 440 251 8571

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Tags
rdp email dyno tuning