Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #155
juicy ss

Drives: 1999 HOSS Conv & 2010 IOM SS
I use the on star turn by turn navigation and it's pretty good displaying info on the little led screen on the speedo on my silverado 2500HD
juicy ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #156
MilotiNY

Drives: Volvo XC90
i'd like to see a youch screen navigation system on the Camaro and I am pretty sure that next year they will come up with something. the market will demand for it. if you look at lexus, Audi and BMW, the LCD screen looks cool.
MilotiNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #157
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Heads Up and Nav would be cool
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #158
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilotiNY View Post
i'd like to see a youch screen navigation system on the Camaro and I am pretty sure that next year they will come up with something. the market will demand for it. if you look at lexus, Audi and BMW, the LCD screen looks cool.
Considering a fully loaded Camaro cost $37k I would except GM to add the navigation option in another year or two. Along with the HUD, but that is inevitable.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #159
MilotiNY

Drives: Volvo XC90
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
Considering a fully loaded Camaro cost $37k I would except GM to add the navigation option in another year or two. Along with the HUD, but that is inevitable.
if Navigation System was optional and offered even with this model, i bet many people would have order it with one. touch screen does makes the interior look more luxurious. it certainly makes 2010 Mustang's interior look very nice.
MilotiNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #160
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
I was never in love with factory nav systems... until I used one in a newer (07/08) Lexus. What a life saver! Placed well in the dash, easy to use, and according to the owner, easy (but expensive :( ) to upgrade (just buy the upgrade DVD). And it's got a better warranty from the factory than any aftermarket one will have.

I bought a top of the line awesome 7" Pioneer GPS / "infotainment" setup (can play music & videos from SD card, USB drive, or iPod/iPhone) with bluetooth hands free, and an option amplifier to install in your car to go through the stereo even if you don't have an audio input jack.

Having to take it out every time you get out of the car for fear of theft, having all the cords layin out all over the place, and the inconvenient positioning on the very top of of the dash were so inconvenient that I returned everything. The only GPS I have now is my iPhone and it's not exactly perfect either... I'd love to have a good option available, but I'm glad the car is as affordable as it is, and I probably wouldn't pay the $2000 + for it in a stock system anyway...
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #161
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilotiNY View Post
if Navigation System was optional and offered even with this model, i bet many people would have order it with one. touch screen does makes the interior look more luxurious. it certainly makes 2010 Mustang's interior look very nice.
At this price people will not bi**h about the additional cost. I know for a fact I would spring for the in dash system if it was offered. I would take a navigation screen over the radio the Camaro offers, it's one of the very few things I don't like about this car.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #162
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
At this price people will not bi**h about the additional cost. I know for a fact I would spring for the in dash system if it was offered. I would take a navigation screen over the radio the Camaro offers, it's one of the very few things I don't like about this car.
I agree. Well it's not that I don't 'like' it perse. It's just the one aspect of the vehicle that leaves me longin for more when comparing it w/ fiancee's soon to be challenger equipped w/ the mygig uconnect gps package.

We've test driven the challenger on two occasions and I loved the touch screen and voice activated nav functionality. She loves having the safety and security of onstar. I love the gadgetry of the uconnect. If we could swipe out systems in our respective babies it'd be just about perfect.
wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #163
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
I agree. Well it's not that I don't 'like' it perse. It's just the one aspect of the vehicle that leaves me longin for more when comparing it w/ fiancee's soon to be challenger equipped w/ the mygig uconnect gps package.

We've test driven the challenger on two occasions and I loved the touch screen and voice activated nav functionality. She loves having the safety and security of onstar. I love the gadgetry of the uconnect. If we could swipe out systems in our respective babies it'd be just about perfect.
Our family owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline and a 2009 Ford Escape Limited, both have in dash navigation and the option has saved us from so many hassles. I would love if the dealer could transplant the navigation system from say the Chevy Traverse into the Camaro, that would be just perfect.