Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Is the Gen5 Camaro's "handsome"?

I'm glad the Camaro appeals to young and old alike. I went down to get a pizza this afternoon and an older gent probably 75 asked me what kind of car I was driving. I told him it was the new Camaro. He said "well that sure is a handsome car". I had never heard that term applied to a car.

After picking up the pizza I went over to the gas station to fill up (wow premium over $4/gal) and I attracted a crowd. The gas station is located at a large truck stop so a trucker came over to check out my SS/RS. He called another trucker he knew on his cell phone and that guy came over. There were two other vehicles filling up and a girl came over to check out the car. Two other guys walked over, I have no idea where they came from.

I can't believe how many questions these people asked. Of course the #1 question was what did you pay for it? Maybe it's just me but that seems pretty rude to ask someone that. A couple of guys asked me what rear end it had, I have no idea but I'm sure someone on this forum does. My wife called me on the cell phone to ask me what was taking so long. I sat at the gas pump with my hood open with 5 people checking out my car, a couple of them took pics with their cell phones. I gotta say I felt a little stupid sitting there for 1/2 hour w/ my hood up.

By the time I got home the pizza was cold, so was my wife's attitude . I told her what happened but I don't think she believed me, oh well who cares.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
She'll get over it
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
WICG2772
Bring on the sunshine!

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS Rally Ylw/Blk
That is the #1 question I get asked too, How much was it? Seriously people? I think the next time someone asks me that I'll ask them how much money they make in a year.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
That is the #1 question I get asked too, How much was it? Seriously people? I think the next time someone asks me that I'll ask them how much money they make in a year.
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is rude.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
But is is fun isn't is?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
PhillyC

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS SW/IOM Stripes
Great story. I wouldn't call the car handsome as much as a SEXY BEAST!!
PhillyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

I don't really think it is rude to ask. I think they ask that question to see if it is within their means. And since it wouldn't take them long to look it up online to see how much it costs, it really wouldn't bother me. But, your story is really cool.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
Not Far From Par

Drives: 2010 2SS RS VR
I just left with my new issue of CamaroNow in hand & an older gentleman (probably 65-70) Driving a mid 80's Dodge Mighty Max diesel 4x4 (which looked like he owned since new!!!) Was looking at my car.. I walked up & he said "That is one wicked car sir" Caught me off guard.. I didn't expect him to say something like that.. he did however follow it with "It's beautiful"
He then walked off backwards still checking it out ... & I thanked him for saying so...

I guess to me.. Before we purchased, I pictured these cars as almost "common" if you will... But they DO draw alot of attention!!
Not Far From Par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #9
BadAssToysR4Girls2

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyC View Post
I wouldn't call the car handsome as much as a SEXY BEAST!!
Yeah, ^ that!!
BadAssToysR4Girls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
I don't get insulted when someone asks about price.
It's pretty much public... you're just saving them time in going to the web to "build and price". Also, if a dealer tries to gouge them... they'll know better!

When asked about the car, I offer as much info as possible, good and bad, including the prices!

And yeah, what PhillyC said... "Sexy Beast!"

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote