Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
iPad 3 pairing issue with bluetooth

I had my iPad 2 hooked up no problem,but now my new iPad won't hook up.My iPad 2 would see GM MUSIC DIRECT(or something like that).My new one just sees "new vehicle",let's me put numbers in,says it connects,yet never really does.I know something ain't right cause I should see that Gm Music Direct come up and it doesnt.The only thing different on this iPad is it is version 4.0,which is backwards compatible,supposedly.Anybody else have this issue?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
I had my iPad 2 hooked up no problem,but now my new iPad won't hook up.My iPad 2 would see GM MUSIC DIRECT(or something like that).My new one just sees "new vehicle",let's me put numbers in,says it connects,yet never really does.I know something ain't right cause I should see that Gm Music Direct come up and it doesnt.The only thing different on this iPad is it is version 4.0,which is backwards compatible,supposedly.Anybody else have this issue?
You need to delete your existing connection that you had with your iPad 2 and and also on your new iPad.

I assume you did what most people will do. Restore the new device from a back up of the old device. For some reason Bluetooth doesn't like this because it can tell that it's not the same device it connected to previously due to the bt device ID being different.

After you delete the connection on the car and the iPad. Just set the connection up again and you won't have any problems.

And also, be greeted with improved audio quality due to bt4.0 in the new iPad.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
kennyo

Thanks for the response.I already deleted from the car,but the iPad it was originally on has already been setup for my girlfriend on her iTunes account and I don't see it under her bluetooth anymore.I tried it again when I got home from work,still no good.What I don't get is: it comes up in car as " your vehicle" instead of GM Music whatever,it said originally on my original setup.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
kennyo

Figured it out - go to Aux,press menu/select button(right tuner button),it then guides you thru setting up NEW device!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
Glad you got it figured out

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote