Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
AZinfernoV6

Drives: 2011 LS2 Inferno Orange
Talking MRT v1 Installed

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post, but here are some pics of my new MRT v1 install! I had the v1 welded on by Scottsdale Muffler. If anyone in AZ is looking for a good exhaust/muffler shop, they are amazing! You can see my review of them on Yelp.

The exhaust note is pretty crazy. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly, but it turned out perfect! It has mellowed out a bit since the install, but if I get on the pedal, it sounds mean! People ask me if my car is a V8, that's how well MRT did their job. lol. Anyway, here are the pics:

I tried to get a decent picture of the shop's welds. Not the best pic, but you get the idea! lol
Old 04-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Any drone?
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
AZinfernoV6

Flyer08, I experienced quite a bit of drone when it was first welded on. It was the worst on the freeway with the a/c on.
Today, on my drive home, with the a/c on (already warm in AZ), I actually forgot about the exhaust....That could be me getting used to it. However, I'm more inclined to believe it has seriously mellowed out since the install. I hope that answers your question.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #4
Jarrettstrand

Drives: '14 Camaro 2LT/RS
Is is possible to actually get one of these with a dual mode exhaust?
Old 04-13-2015, 10:50 PM   #5
AZinfernoV6

Jarrettstrand, I believe it's possible if one drives a ZL1 or a SS with the 1LE options...I'm not well versed in that topic though. As far as I know, our V6 doesn't have the capability. It would be nice to be able to remotely tell the exhaust to shut up when you want to have a conversation in the car...haha Although, who wants to talk when you're ripping through town, right?
Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 PM   #6
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks, wife has been wanting to do the axel back but was afraid of the drone
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #7
AZinfernoV6

Flyer08, glad to provide some input. It's a great exhaust, and I enjoy it. Everyone's tolerance for drone is different. So, maybe hearing it in person in San Antonio would help more. Just a thought.

Tags
6 cylinder, arizona, exhaust, mrt v1, muffler