Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #43
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post

In stock form, with the weight advantage of the Evo, its a driver's race off the line. The times are too close.
How is 13.8 (Evo X) compared to 13.0 (Camaro SS) a driver's race?? Thats almost a full second, and an exact 12MPH difference.

If thats a driver's race, then I suppose you think a Civic Si and a Corvette ZR1 is a driver's race as well
Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #44
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
God this kid is like a bad nightmare.

Just ANOTHER post filled with unsupported facts and bias.

Oh btw... The Evo's, like most non-American Cars, don't live or die with the 1/4 mile. They are AMAZING track and daily driving cars... I really cant imagine some Engineer in Japan talking about how the 13.8 1/4 mile time is going to bite into their 'budwiser' demographic.
Kid?? Thats where you're wrong. My posts are all based on personal experience and facts.

Your posts are nothing more than you claiming I'm wrong and you're right, usually with spelling and grammer errrors. How ironic that you should call me "kid".

When you actually have some facts and a half decent arguement to prove my post wrong, try again. Until then don't bother replying, because all you can make are exaggerated claims of cars performance based on nothing more than your own ignorant opinion.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #45
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
Kid?? Thats where you're wrong. My posts are all based on personal experience and facts.

Your posts are nothing more than you claiming I'm wrong and you're right, usually with spelling and grammer errrors. How ironic that you should call me "kid".

When you actually have some facts and a half decent arguement to prove my post wrong, try again. Until then don't bother replying, because all you can make are exaggerated claims of cars performance based on nothing more than your own ignorant opinion.

Let me guess... your one of those people who really believes the CTS-V is better than the BMW M5?
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-05-2009, 10:13 PM   #46
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Internet Debate Tip #652:

Never make spelling errors when you are making fun of another post because it contains spelling errors.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #47
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
How is 13.8 (Evo X) compared to 13.0 (Camaro SS) a driver's race?? Thats almost a full second, and an exact 12MPH difference.

If thats a driver's race, then I suppose you think a Civic Si and a Corvette ZR1 is a driver's race as well
i agree! haha anything can be a drivers race.
i once saw a honda civic beat a zr1 by 15 seconds!
the three year old was not match for the stig!

and, i really wanna take a evo X out for a drive. they look SOOO fun to drive
i considered one, but went with the camaro for price difference from an 2LT
but they look sweet and handle good from everything i have heard.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #48
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Internet Debate Tip #652:

Never make spelling errors when you are making fun of another post because it contains spelling errors.

"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #49
levi1922

Quote:
Let me guess... your one of those people who really believes the CTS-V is better than the BMW M5?
i am part of that group.
i prefer the CTSV over the m5 for a number of reasons.
styling is a large reason.
GM bias may have a thing or two to do with it.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #50
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
i am part of that group.
i prefer the CTSV over the m5 for a number of reasons.
styling is a large reason.
GM bias may have a thing or two to do with it.
Though styling is generally subjective... I'd safely say (though im sure if you took a poll on this site you'd encounter conflicting results) most people dont like the styling of the Caddy.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #51
levi1922

Quote:
Though styling is generally subjective... I'd safely say (though im sure if you took a poll on this site you'd encounter conflicting results) most people dont like the styling of the Caddy.
yeah, styling is all personal choice.
but the CTS name is beginning to pick up ALOT of prestige.
3.9 0-60 tends to do that.
fastest production v8 sedan in the worldd
Old 05-05-2009, 11:05 PM   #52
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
I do, because I think it is. The M5 is an excellent car to be sure. Thing is, people need to quit worshipping anything BMW puts out as the be all and end all of the automotive experience. There are better cars, and half of that sticker price is for the name only.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 05-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #53
levi1922

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I do, because I think it is. The M5 is an excellent car to be sure. Thing is, people need to quit worshipping anything BMW puts out as the be all and end all of the automotive experience. There are better cars, and half of that sticker price is for the name only.
well, the shade of white and blue they use are very expensive. and the car has a lot of it, from the BMW badge to the M badge
Old 05-06-2009, 07:22 AM   #54
matt55

Drives: CTS-V
Quote:
13.0@111 ....

Ive seen 3 vids of mid 13's SS's on a real track with normal drivers .
Thats what the Evo X's runs mids 13's , so yeah its a driver race from what we have seen so far ...... Iam SURE some one will get the SS in the 12's but not every owner will/can .

Trap speed , 99-102mph for the Evo's vs 107-111mph for the SS's , the Evo will get K I L L E D on the highway/high speed runs .
Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #55
GatorBlue371

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I'd venture to say you've never spent much time in an M5
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #56
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
evo= horrible gas mileage, will gives u headaches cuz of lawnmower buzz, sedan, AWD. AWD is also biased towards front wheels. Save some money, buy a civic an put a spoiler on it.

Closed Thread